IGNORED

Bomb Tech Grenade Driver

Note: This thread is 3432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My review: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/bombtech_grenade_driver_review Tl;dr, I liked it a lot.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
Jamo, thanks for doing the review!

No problem! It's a great club.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...

Do you think so highly of the big brands? Most of their stuff is junk. I've hit 50  of their super marketed driver and none of them made it even close to my bag. Some of these smaller guys have some true quality components and you simply throw them under the bus.

Who are you even talking to-Use the quote function or something. What a weird first post.[quote name="eyeadventures" url="/t/68192/bomb-tech-grenade-driver/18#post_932541"]Do you think so highly of the big brands? Most of their stuff is junk. I've hit 50  of their super marketed driver and none of them made it even close to my bag. Some of these smaller guys have some true quality components and you simply throw them under the bus. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/68192/bomb-tech-grenade-driver#post_864459"]Hmmm, should be interesting.  It is an odd name ... that sort of makes me think of late night Golf Channel informercials, and also makes me think of Jack Hamm.  :) On the other hand, I went and checked out the website, and it looks a lot like a green version of the Covert. Can't wait to read your review!

It's kind of backwards of the Covert. The Covert has the one cut-out in the middle, the Grenade has two of them in the corners. The review will have better pictures, but here's a quick one I took with my iPhone: [quote name="Phil McGleno" url="/t/68192/bomb-tech-grenade-driver#post_864402"]Component companies are fine there is not some big secret to making good golf equipment its a piece of metal on the end of a stick. Jameson what do you think of yorus? Is this a long drive type driver like the Alphas and some of those other component makers?[/quote] Haven't gotten to hit it yet. It does look a bit more simple than most of the OEM drivers, but it's not really a component head.[/quote] It looks pretty good. I was just about to order one for my son, but got a great deal on a brand new Titleist 910D2 with his name on the shaft. I think the pockets are designed better than the covert. They say the outside dual pockets stablizes the head. It seems like the faster it moves, the more force is keeping the path straight. I like the attempt to use air flow rather than just trying to reduce it. Might need to pick one up for myself.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I noticed this club in @cipher 's signature the other day.  How do you like it, Nathan??

To be honest I have only played with it once.  Hit it at the range before a round and then played a round if golf with it.  Temps were 35-40 or so.  I am not sure how it will compare to my old Anser driver on distance.  I think that it will be a bit longer. The big thing that I noticed was that it felt very easy to control.  I hit one slight pull of the first tee and then a push near the end when I was tired.  Pretty minor misses for me though.  It was tough to hit a bad shot with it.  Took a poor swing at one and hit it way in on the heel and it still went out there a ways in the middle of the fairway.  It is very forgiving IMO.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

The sole plate reminds me of the Taylor TP blades, they where great so this club might have some merit based on energy transfer and aerodynamic's ... Just hope it doesn't ring like the old nike sumo square head(the original one)

The sole plate reminds me of the Taylor TP blades, they where great so this club might have some merit based on energy transfer and aerodynamic's ... Just hope it doesn't ring like the old nike sumo square head(the original one)

???

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

The sound is actually pretty nice.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

This is the TP head  I was referring to LBlack14  the Grenade appears to be the wood version of this iron. Two technologies have nothing in common but look similar. It just looks like a muscle back sole pate if the world existed lol ...the concept of air pockets to reduce friction was done by Slazenger(completely dimpled crown as well) head way back in the early 80's...the Hogan Speed slot was intended to do the same thing back in the wood days...one of the Frankenstein I put together years ago was an Langert Foiler with a aerodynamic elliptical(oval) shaft. It was a great conversation piece lol

I don't know Desmond, might be a decent guy but his response to the OPs question is ridicules and makes him look like an internet moron.

Moderators want to suspend me for this observation, go ahead.   Absolutely no value to Desmond's response. just stupid.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

In a time of war, I found the name offensive. I have nothing against components, but the name is ridiculous

Offensive? you're just making yourself look dumber and dumber.

In my bag....

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

I know your thread is a little old, but I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. I just bought one based on reviews and opinions.

In my bag....

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

I don't know Desmond, might be a decent guy but his response to the OPs question is ridicules and makes him look like an internet moron. Moderators want to suspend me for this observation, go ahead.   Absolutely no value to Desmond's response. just stupid.

[quote name="madolive3" url="/t/68192/bomb-tech-grenade-driver/30#post_933619"] Offensive? you're just making yourself look dumber and dumber. [/quote]And that was 6 months ago and already "dealt with" by mods ... No need to rehash. Moving on .... ;)

I agree with @Golfingdad , feigning outrage at a 6 month old comment that doesn't involve you is stretching it a bit...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Who said I was outraged? I'm not and I wasn't The guy was acting like a dick and I called him on it. Thread is six months old so what? The thread is open for comments, I read the thread because I wanted to see some feed back from average golfers who may have used this club not some bull from an internet bully or coward or troll. Why are you reading this thread? Just out soaking in golf related talk and info? Fine, I do that too sometimes, but not this time, so Desmond's comments may be entertaining to you, but they weren't for me. I'm spending money on a product I would like to know a little more about.

In my bag....

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Note: This thread is 3432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!