IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Stuck at 9. Freakin' low course ratings in CO and my crap golf are killing me. If I shoot 79 at my home course my differential is higher than my index.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WOOT!

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I can't decide what to do. I have not got my ghin set up because all the greens in the area are horrible and have little consistency. Scoring is inconsistent. Missing putts under 2 feet because of surface issues.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I can't decide what to do. I have not got my ghin set up because all the greens in the area are horrible and have little consistency. Scoring is inconsistent. Missing putts under 2 feet because of surface issues.

Post your scores. IMO makes you work harder on the course if you are chasing a handicap. Our greens are crap too and I miss short putts all the time. But every time out I do what I can to play as well as I can. I am super frustrated. To trend down I need to not shoot anything higher than 82 at the two courses I play most. Six of my ten best are sub 80 scores, the highest in my ten is 85, playing decent golf and I can't get into the 8's. I need to never play a course with a sub par rating or accept I will be stuck in high single digits forever. Which is tough because in CO most rated over par are 7000 yards or longer. Yes the ball flies but 480 yard par 4's are a bitch.

I am using myscorecard to keep my handicap, it has a lot of scores from last year on it. Do I remove old scores from it so that my handicap index calculates correctly?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I am using myscorecard to keep my handicap, it has a lot of scores from last year on it. Do I remove old scores from it so that my handicap index calculates correctly?

I would assume that it knows how to calculate it correctly, in which case, you shouldn't need to do anything.  But if you can tell that it's somehow including more than just your best 10 from your last 20, then, yeah, get rid of the old ones.

But as long as their still in your last 20, I don't think that it matters how old they are.

Could be a seasonal thing. I've been on a course nearly 80 times this year and it took me until late June to clear my 2013 scores because a) our season starts 4/15 and b) I play mostly 9 hole golf.

I'm just confused because it shows I've trended up but I've only posted 2 scores that are in the upper end of my scores. Also it shows that I need to shoot an 88 to drop my index from a 24.2.... I don't know, I'm pretty confused when it comes to handicap calculating.

2014-07-31 Used for Handicap & Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 94 66.4 110 28.4
2014-07-26 Used for Handicap Kittyhawk Golf Center - Eagle Course 101 71.9 125 26.3
2014-07-20 Used for Handicap Homestead G.C. 94 70.4 129 20.7
2014-07-20 Springbrook G.C. 95 66.4 110 29.4
2014-07-10 Used for Handicap Springbrook G.C. 93 66.4 110 27.3
2014-07-03 Used for Handicap Springbrook G.C. 94 66.4 110 28.4
2014-07-02 Shelby Oaks G.C. - North Course 110 70.2 116 38.8
2014-07-02 Used for Handicap Hawthorne Hills C.C. 94 69.5 117 23.7
2014-06-22 Used for Handicap Hidden Creek G.C. 101 70.2 121 28.8
2014-06-08 Stillwater Valley GC at Versailles 104 69.0 126 31.4
2013-08-16 Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 97 66.4 110 31.4
2013-07-27 Used for Handicap Hawthorne Hills C.C. 93 69.5 117 22.7
2013-07-26 Used for Handicap Hawthorne Hills C.C. 93 69.5 117 22.7
2013-07-26 Used for Handicap Hidden Creek G.C. 95 70.2 121 23.2
2013-07-26 Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 95 66.4 110 29.4
2013-07-26 Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 100 66.4 110 34.5
2013-07-26 Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 97 66.4 110 31.4
2013-07-26 Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 101 66.4 110 35.5
2013-07-26 Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 109 66.4 110 43.8
2013-07-26 Nine-hole Combined Score Springbrook G.C. 114 66.4 110 48.9

The stars indicate the scores used to calculate my handicap. C's are for combined 9 hole rounds. I really think the stupidly low rating on the course I play is  artificially raising my handicap because I shoot those same scores on harder rated courses too. That course is screwy anyway, the course rating is higher for the women's tees than it is from the men's tees.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Myscorecard.com automatically uses only your 10 best from your last 20 (as seen on the home page).  You can tell which ones are used for calculating the handicap by the gold star between the date and the course name.  Any older scores get pushed off to the "score history" page.

Be careful using that site, though (or others).  Their slope/rating data isn't correct/current for some courses, and this will affect the calculation.

Edit:  I see you posted before I submitted my post, and that you already knew how to read the stars.  For their "score to lower handicap," they figure what score you need to drop your handicap by a full rounded number.  In your example, to get from a 24.2 (rounded to 24) down to at least a 23.4 (rounded to 23). So your index could drop fractionally (24.2 to 24.1) with a score higher than that.  Note also that the score needed depends on the slope/rating of the tees and course you are playing.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Down again (last two or three revisions were PB's, so the trend continues!!) ... this time to 6.0.  I can practically taste the "5's"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! :banana:

I can still remember those days when you were "just" and 8 or 9.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Congrats!!

I can still remember those days when you were "just" and 8 or 9.

Thanks!  Yes, it wasn't that long ago.  I also remember that I got down to 6.8 last year around this time, only to fly back up to a bit over 8 over the fall/winter.  Here's hoping that doesn't happen again!

This is getting ridiculous..................for the 2nd year in a row, every revision has followed a symmetrical pattern.  UP in the spring..........and a steady decline through the summer.  Being this is my 2nd year of this, it's starting to creep me out!!!

I peaked at 5.4 in 2013, so this year was an improvement.   In spite of this long predictable trend,  I am feeling pessimistic about my game.   I think I may have peaked for the year.   Quite honestly, my game isn't that good right now..... have yet to score level par over 18 holes, and I need a couple of these low rounds to keep the trend going.   Honestly...I don't think I have it in me.......I've been hacking my way around the course and using smoke and mirrors right now to gut-out every respectable score.   I am still waiting for better to emerge...............

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

No. You spend the $15 freaking dollars (after July 1st) and get a real handicap! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

No. You spend the $15 freaking dollars (after July 1st) and get a real handicap!

I thank you but the site does give me an official USGA handicap card.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I thank you but the site does give me an official USGA handicap card.

Sorry, then the answer to your question is no. Your handicap is calculated from your last 20 scores, regardless of when they were played.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Down to 9.2

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!