IGNORED

2013 PGA Championship at Oak Hill Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger shoots anything under par tomorrow and he is just fine......not convinced the lead will lower than -5 at end of day tomorrow.....but i've been wrong so many times before

35 players broke par in the first round. By comparison, only five players ended their first rounds under par at Merion earlier this year, and 20 players were under par after 18 holes at Muirfield. It's hard to dismiss Furyk and Scott's 65s as outliers when that many players were also posting scores in the 60s.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Course played easier today because of rain.  If it dries up, scores won't be as low as they were today.  Tiger didn't play badly, but I don't agree with his self-assessment that he played well.  Tiger is teeing off pretty late (well after Scott and right in front of Furyk) so he'll know what score he's going to need to close the gap.

Not sure Furyk has enough 5 Hour Energy to keep him in Top 10 come Sunday.  Scott and Kuchar are his biggest threats at this point.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tmac20

Because Phil's driver is basically a 2-wood. And Phil won't win this tournament either. He got away with it at the Open because you can hit an iron 300 yards down those fairways.

He's not carrying that club. He's using a 3 wood.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by tmac20

Adam Scott: -5

Jason Dufner: -2

Tiger Woods: +1

Lot of golf to be played.

Originally Posted by joekelly

Shorty, what's the ultimate difference between a 2 wood and 3 wood? Who decides what to name these low loft clubs? You?

The point is he's carrying the same type of club as Tiger.

General responses:

1) The winning score may very well be -5. The weather yesterday was a bit of an anomaly. It probably won't go much lower. Look at the history of almost any modern major - there are low first-round scores. There are some low second-round scores but rarely by the same guys as the first round. Then the field starts to tighten up as guys in 10-30 shoot some good scores, but guys in 1-20 shoot some average scores. I expect Scott and Furyk to shoot around -2 today, and then a pair of 71s on the weekend.

2) Tiger didn't seem to play well. Nine greens in regulation is not playing well, never mind whatever he said afterwards. BUT it's important that he feels he played well, of course, especially at this point in the tournament.

3) Lee's doing his usual thing. Adam Scott's seemingly been on every major leaderboard for the past three years. Surprised to see Paul Casey on the board. The other names will likely fade - Miguel, Hearn, Garrigus, Piercy. I don't think we'll have a Micheel moment again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Just checked the hourly forecast. It's supposed to rain until about noon or 1 o'clock. That's not to say the afternoon will have it easier because rain isn't really a big deal for PGA Tour pros with professional caddies, but, still…

And Day, Piercy, and Westwood are tied for the lead with Scott and Furyk now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just checked the hourly forecast. It's supposed to rain until about noon or 1 o'clock. That's not to say the afternoon will have it easier because rain isn't really a big deal for PGA Tour pros with professional caddies, but, still… And Day, Piercy, and Westwood are tied for the lead with Scott and Furyk now.

Wave at us do we can see you on the morning drive :))) Was nice to see Phil greet and shake hands with the volunteers after his putting practice.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Course played easier today because of rain.  If it dries up, scores won't be as low as they were today.  Tiger didn't play badly, but I don't agree with his self-assessment that he played well.  Tiger is teeing off pretty late (well after Scott and right in front of Furyk) so he'll know what score he's going to need to close the gap.

Not sure Furyk has enough 5 Hour Energy to keep him in Top 10 come Sunday.  Scott and Kuchar are his biggest threats at this point.

I am a huge Furyk fan, which makes his ability to melt down with the lead in big tournaments especially painful to me.  I'd love to see him pull it off this week.

US Open 2012 duck hooks into the woods on 16 with the lead to lose to Webb Simpson

Bridgestone 2012 double bogeys on 72nd hole with the lead to lose to Keegan Bradley

Lot of golf to be played. The point is he's carrying the same type of club as Tiger. General responses: 1) The winning score may very well be -5. The weather yesterday was a bit of an anomaly. It probably won't go much lower. Look at the history of almost any modern major - there are low first-round scores. There are some low second-round scores but rarely by the same guys as the first round. Then the field starts to tighten up as guys in 10-30 shoot some good scores, but guys in 1-20 shoot some average scores. I expect Scott and Furyk to shoot around -2 today, and then a pair of 71s on the weekend. 2) Tiger didn't seem to play well. Nine greens in regulation is not playing well, never mind whatever he said afterwards. BUT it's important that he feels he played well, of course, especially at this point in the tournament. 3) Lee's doing his usual thing. Adam Scott's seemingly been on every major leaderboard for the past three years. Surprised to see Paul Casey on the board. The other names will likely fade - Miguel, Hearn, Garrigus, Piercy. I don't think we'll have a Micheel moment again.

4) Angel Cabrera is +11. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

There goes my second pick..... :-(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by joekelly

Shorty, what's the ultimate difference between a 2 wood and 3 wood? Who decides what to name these low loft clubs? You?

Commentator says Phil is using the Phrankenwood

Scott and Westwood are costing me money.

I need a new wedge...if Scott and Westwood could fall back some and Day can par everything the rest of the weekend..my Day -5 prediction would get me some new wedges. Otherwise I'll have to go spend money on some this weekend.

Scott and Westwood are costing me money. a3_biggrin.gif I need a new wedge...if Scott and Westwood could fall back some and Day can par everything the rest of the weekend..my Day -5 prediction would get me some new wedges. Otherwise I'll have to go spend money on some this weekend. a1_smile.gif

Wish Canadians could be in on the contest lol. Day, Westwood and Scott are looking strong. It's funny how many times we say that each major.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by jamo

4) Angel Cabrera is +11.

So, that means 63 and 66 for the next two days, right?

T3 on Sunday?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Adam Scott is looking really solid. One thing I love about the PGA so far...just like the Masters, US OPen and British....the leaderboard is stacked with world class names again. Yeah, you have a few new names up there like Hearn and Piercy, but once again we have another major with big names stalking the top. Good to see.

Originally Posted by jamo

4) Angel Cabrera is +11.

Cabrera only competes when greens are lightning fast. He is terrible on slow greens, and the rain is making them as slow as can be.

• Administrator

The featured group is playing fairly well. Scott could easily be -4 on the day. Phil's not playing particularly well but is getting a good bit out of his round. Rose is also shaky but getting a good bit out of his round.

Tiger's moved up 14 spots or so waiting to play, but if he wants to win, he likely needs to finish the day under par for the tournament. 67 or 68 will leave him in a good position going into Saturday. Odds of it happening? 1 in 3.

Note: This thread is 3908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!