IGNORED

50 States, 50 Sandwiches

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.zagat.com/b/50-states-50-sandwiches?utm_medium=cpc&utm;_source=taboola#51

Linked article describes signature sandwiches from different states. Mass was the "fluffenutter", which is "wicked awesome" and invented here.

Were they spot on in your state?

Outside of US:  What is the signature sandwich of your area?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

MN here - I would agree that they are spot on with the Juicy Lucy. This burger was invented at Matt's Bar in South Minneapolis, to which I have visited many times. It is SO GOOD!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Originally Posted by LettucePray27

Louisiana. .. hell yes! Or a po'boy of your choice!

I was surprised they didn't go with the po'boy.

My biggest fear was that I lived in California my whole life without eating the signature sandwich.  But to my relief, I've had a french dip plenty of times.  I'm not even big on red meat, and I love the french dip.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by boogielicious

http://www.zagat.com/b/50-states-50-sandwiches?utm_medium=cpc&utm;_source=taboola#51

Linked article describes signature sandwiches from different states. Mass was the "fluffenutter", which is "wicked awesome" and invented here.

Were they spot on in your state?

Outside of US:  What is the signature sandwich of your area?

I find it amazing that I've never even heard of a fluffenutter, until reading your post today. Fast forward 2 hours (til now)... I'm sitting here watching the Sopranos and at the end of the episode I just watched, Chris stops by his mother's house and asks her to make him a fluffenutter... Too weird.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Marshmallow fluff is a New England thing.  Put it in hot chocolate and it is over the top good!  Melt it on fudge sundaes, mmm.

Scott

My Swing Thread

in Michigan I'm not sure that a pasty qualifies as a sandwich but if you are ever in northern Michigan, run ...don't walk to get  one anywhere around Mackinaw Island.

I would have actually thought for Michigan it would have been the coney dog.   World famous in Detroit and Flint.

https://www.facebook.com/flintconey

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 1 month later...

Pennsylvania has two sandwiches that deserve mentioning. From the eastern part of the state is the famous Philly Cheesesteak. From the west is the Primanti Brother's sandwich...

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

They actually call the style of sandwich they have pictured for Montana a clubfoot. Ironically, The Nuke is one of the sandwiches Staggering Ox makes that isn't a clubfoot...

I'm sure there are some people in Butte pissed off that ours isn't a Pork Chop Johns.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

[URL=http://www.zagat.com/b/50-states-50-sandwiches?utm_medium=cpc&utm;_source=taboola#51]http://www.zagat.com/b/50-states-50-sandwiches?utm_medium=cpc&utm;_source=taboola#51[/URL] Linked article describes signature sandwiches from different states. Mass was the "fluffenutter", which is "wicked awesome" and invented here. Were they spot on in your state? Outside of US:  What is the signature sandwich of your area?

I just realized that the Delaware place has a location adjacent to my backyard. Their sandwich is "the bobbie," Thanksgiving dinner on a roll. I've had that type of sandwich before, but this one uses real in-house roasted turkey rather than deli slices, so I'll have to check it out.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Pennsylvania has two sandwiches that deserve mentioning. From the eastern part of the state is the famous Philly Cheesesteak. From the west is the Primanti Brother's sandwich...

What about the middle of the state?

Scott

My Swing Thread

I'm surprised a bit that the Italian Sub is the sandwich of New Jersey. Don't get me wrong, I love me an Italian, and I probably eat 2-3 or those a month, minimum, but for me, the NJ sandwich of choice is always going to be something involving pork roll. So evil. So Jersey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

Zagats missed on this one, I think.

Constantine

I just realized that the Delaware place has a location adjacent to my backyard. Their sandwich is "the bobbie," Thanksgiving dinner on a roll. I've had that type of sandwich before, but this one uses real in-house roasted turkey rather than deli slices, so I'll have to check it out.

Just went to it. It's awesome. Got half a bobbie and half an italian. Maybe the best italian sub I've ever had.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Their state has no middle.

The people certainly do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I rarely have a roast beef sandwich in New York, but I love falafel, banh mi, pulled pork and lobster roll sandwiches. I probably eat more falafel/hummus than hamburgers.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What about the middle of the state?

Hershey is in the middle of Pennsylvania, so I guess it would be chocolate covered cookie sandwich....

Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer

There is no question that the sandwich of Maine is the lobster roll. My wife and I went to Bar Harbor for a few days this summer and had some of the most D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S  lobster on the planet.

Note: This thread is 3793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!