IGNORED

iOS 7

iacas
Note: This thread is 3830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's the complaint.

I had ONE screen, and to get to anything, I had to tap at most twice: once to get into a folder, and once to click one of the up to 16 items I could see.

Plus, I KNEW where everything was, and now that's all changed. So now I can not only rely on where things were (I'll get used to that, eventually), but I can't even SEE everything without swiping.

Yeah, well, your use case sucks! ;-)

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are all on same account (iTunes Account) the numbers will appear in Settings ->Messages, you need to make sure that each phone is set to only send to the appropriate number.  This is a bigger problem with iMessage turned on.

K thanks I will check that out, what is weird is that my sister is on a different iTunes account.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I like ios7 so far. I HOPE Apple can start doing more significant OS updates like these.

IOS no longer looks dated :)

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

K thanks I will check that out, what is weird is that my sister is on a different iTunes account.

I thought it was limited to just those on same account but I could be wrong.  I have my wife and two kids on same account and in Settings->Messages their numbers show up as options to also receive any texts I get, I have to de-select them and they have to deselect me as well.

Joe Paradiso

OK, I admit I am clueless here.  Is a new OS for the IPhone and IPod?  I have a IPhone 5.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

OK, I admit I am clueless here.  Is a new OS for the IPhone and IPod?  I have a IPhone 5.

Yes. I have iPhone 4S and got the upgrade. :). Just go to Settings and it'll probably pop up. (I actually had to upgrade to 6.3.1 first then to 7 ... It had been awhile) ;)

• Administrator

Yes - http://www.apple.com/ios/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is it going to F-up the way my phone is set up now?

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Is it going to F-up the way my phone is set up now?

Look at the URL I posted.

Do a backup on your computer, then run the update.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Waiting for the upgrade to complete...waiting for the upgrade to complete...waiting for the upgrade to complete...waiting for the upgrade to complete...

Sigh...should have finished my phone calls for the evening first...

:doh:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Waiting for the upgrade to complete...waiting for the upgrade to complete...waiting for the upgrade to complete...waiting for the upgrade to complete...

Sigh...should have finished my phone calls for the evening first...

It only took 30 minutes to upgrade my iPhone 5 but even that wasn't worth the wait for me.  Apple made a lot of noise for some flat looking icons,  new look of bundled apps (not for the better imo) and fairly unintuitive changes to interface with regards to deleting text messages and closing running apps.  Battery life also seems shorter, but I'll reserve judgment on that for a few days.

I guess if you have a new iPhone 5S there may be some speed improvements, but otherwise iOS7 was a non-event for me.

Joe Paradiso

It only took 30 minutes to upgrade my iPhone 5 but even that wasn't worth the wait for me.  Apple made a lot of noise for some flat looking icons,  new look of bundled apps (not for the better imo) and fairly unintuitive changes to interface with regards to deleting text messages and closing running apps.  Battery life also seems shorter, but I'll reserve judgment on that for a few days. I guess if you have a new iPhone 5S there may be some speed improvements, but otherwise iOS7 was a non-event for me.

I agree. Just finished updating and I think the new interface looks like crap. I'll give it some time though, maybe it'll grow on me. Just seems too...white.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I agree. Just finished updating and I think the new interface looks like crap. I'll give it some time though, maybe it'll grow on me. Just seems too...white.

Too much white with the keyboard as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

It only took 30 minutes to upgrade my iPhone 5 but even that wasn't worth the wait for me. Apple made a lot of noise for some flat looking icons, new look of bundled apps (not for the better imo) and fairly unintuitive changes to interface with regards to deleting text messages and closing running apps.  Battery life also seems shorter, but I'll reserve judgment on that for a few days. I guess if you have a new iPhone 5S there may be some speed improvements, but otherwise iOS7 was a non-event for me.

I like most of the changes, but some of the icons are laughable. Game Center, for one. Photos is strange. I used to love the Camera icon, now it's very blah. Settings sucks and the Messages bubble is a weirdly chubby. Some are great though. Compass might be the nicest-looking app on my phone, and the icon is awesome. Ditto Stocks and Voice Memos. My main qualms are still performance. All of the animations are just too slow. I had gotten into a groove where I used to be able to hit the home button and swipe to turn on my phone (no passcode) all in one motion and without looking, but now there's enough of a delay that I can't. Control Center is nice, but I can't swipe all the way up and then hit, say, pause all at once. Again, there's an annoying delay. Thankfully the bug I had yesterday with music and podcasts has gone away.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I like most of the changes, but some of the icons are laughable. Game Center, for one. Photos is strange. I used to love the Camera icon, now it's very blah. Settings sucks and the Messages bubble is a weirdly chubby.

Some are great though. Compass might be the nicest-looking app on my phone, and the icon is awesome. Ditto Stocks and Voice Memos.

My main qualms are still performance. All of the animations are just too slow. I had gotten into a groove where I used to be able to hit the home button and swipe to turn on my phone (no passcode) all in one motion and without looking, but now there's enough of a delay that I can't. Control Center is nice, but I can't swipe all the way up and then hit, say, pause all at once. Again, there's an annoying delay.

Thankfully the bug I had yesterday with music and podcasts has gone away.

Agree, Compass and Stocks are nicer but I never use Compass so it's not much of a gain.  I hate the Messages bubbles, must have been designed for 12 year old girls.  Performance is an issue, interface seems sluggish but that was expected as part of new OS bloat.

Joe Paradiso

Few more comments... I love that I can stream my movies/tv shows and music from iTunes - and don't have to take up space on my phones storage.  That is pretty clutch.

I don't like that the phone seems to be burning my battery pretty heavily.  I need to go back and look at my settings and see if something was tweaked.  Because I have the mophie juice pack - and my phone was down to 80% when I started typing this...  With my mophie - I've never seen the iPhone 5 not have 100% until way, way, waaaaaaaaaay later in the evening (after a full days use).  Seems like the battery is getting taxed for some reason?

Few more comments... I love that I can stream my movies/tv shows and music from iTunes - and don't have to take up space on my phones storage.  That is pretty clutch.

I don't like that the phone seems to be burning my battery pretty heavily.  I need to go back and look at my settings and see if something was tweaked.  Because I have the mophie juice pack - and my phone was down to 80% when I started typing this...  With my mophie - I've never seen the iPhone 5 not have 100% until way, way, waaaaaaaaaay later in the evening (after a full days use).  Seems like the battery is getting taxed for some reason?

I'm seeing the same thing, usually by this time it's at around 40%, but today I had to recharge it because it dipped below 20% and I didn't use the phone any more than usual.  Definitely need to keep an eye on this.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!