IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I remember really enjoying the Maze Runner movie; saw it in a theater and was blown away. I was expecting mediocre at best; it's probably second only to the first Percy Jackson on my favorite movies aimed at that demographic.

And now I'm reminded that they aren't going to finish the His Dark Materials movie trilogy and am sad.

On a different note, I'm going to see the new Mission: Impossible tomorrow. I haven't seen 2-3-4 since they were in theaters; I remember really enjoying 4 and not caring for 2 and 3. Those who remember them better: should I see them again? I won't before tomorrow, just wondering if they need to get into the queue.

I saw Mission Impossible last night.

It's a birdie, I loved it.  It's not Citizen Kane, but non-stop action, lots of car chases, cool fights and Rachel Ferguson.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd give MI:5 a Jurassic World birdie. It's a fun ride, felt like MI: United Kingdom/Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Loved that they let Turandot play out for as long as they did  and put bits of Nessun Dorma into the score later in the film, the scene reminded me of a scene in the Bond movie with the Asian lady spy. The original portfolio from the tv show was in the opening credits. Do not let the MI spy lady get the higher ground or you're toast.

Maze Runner I'd give a bogey subject to change until I see how it plays out. It's very very part one out of I have no idea how many parts studio wants to milk it for all it's worth not to take anything away from the action sequences and acting. No conclusion. Half a meal. Patricia Clarkson is getting all the menacing but appearing to be nurturing voice behind the speaker/snowy video roles. Plays the flip side in her indie roles. The big budget roles probably allow her to do her passion projects.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I watched Foxcatcher over the weekend. Really slow pace but an interesting character study. If that is an accurate portrayal, John DuPont was one pathetic dude.

Bill M

Where's your hand going there, Hitch?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Saw Mission Impossible: Rogue nation.  Solid birdie.  Movie is like 2 hours and 10 minutes long and it seemed like all but 10 minutes of it was action.

Saw Mission Impossible: Rogue nation.  Solid birdie.  Movie is like 2 hours and 10 minutes long and it seemed like all but 10 minutes of it was action.

Thx.

It is PG-13. Anything besides language and gratuitous violence re taking a mature child who has seen the other MI moves on television.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Thx.

It is PG-13. Anything besides language and gratuitous violence re taking a mature child who has seen the other MI moves on television.

It's pretty kid friendly imo.  I don't think there were any swear words worse than hell or damn and even those were few and far between.  There is random gun play, brawling, and a brief knife fight but no blood in any of it (though people do die).  The action is more or less the vehicle chases and various extreme sporting type stuff the protagonist is known for.  I honestly think the movie should have been PG.

It's pretty kid friendly imo.  I don't think there were any swear words worse than hell or damn and even those were few and far between.  There is random gun play, brawling, and a brief knife fight but no blood in any of it (though people do die).  The action is more or less the vehicle chases and various extreme sporting type stuff the protagonist is known for.  I honestly think the movie should have been PG.

Appreciate it. Thx.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Birdman made its way onto Netflix. I'm going to give it a birdie. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it. I really enjoy Ed Norton when he's portraying a dipshit.

Corey

Birdman made its way onto Netflix. I'm going to give it a birdie. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it. I really enjoy Ed Norton when he's portraying a dipshit.

Yup, great movie. I also really like FC, American History X, and 25th Hour :-P.

Riley

A little web extra from The Martian.

Looked like Damon was reprising some of his why should I work for the NSA spiel. This was funny.

Steve

My brother saw it in the theater and said it was really impressive how it was continuous footage.  It didn't sound like the story was anything special though.

My brother saw it in the theater and said it was really impressive how it was continuous footage.  It didn't sound like the story was anything special though.

Aside from a scene or two where they added some CGI, I kept wondering where the cuts in the movie were. They did a great job, the way the movie flows like one continuous shot is really impressive, and didn't take anything away from the delivery. As for the story, it works for the movie. I guess. I was puzzled until the very end as to whether or not Birdman was special or was just plain crazy.

Corey

[quote name="Strandly" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/900#post_1180144"] My brother saw it in the theater and said it was really impressive how it was continuous footage.  It didn't sound like the story was anything special though.

Aside from a scene or two where they added some CGI, I kept wondering where the cuts in the movie were. They did a great job, the way the movie flows like one continuous shot is really impressive, and didn't take anything away from the delivery. As for the story, it works for the movie. I guess. I was puzzled until the very end as to whether or not Birdman was special or was just plain crazy.[/quote] When it was released, the end caused a big stir. If you google it, there are many very well written explanations, including one from the director. But it's very possible none of them will be a satisfying answer.

Steve

Saw Birdman on HBO -- excellent acting... good flick, ending was shocking. birdie

MI: Rogue Nation -- eagle for action, especially motorcycle duel, good acting and story. Thought the writing was a little clumsy in terms of introducing background on the CIA and Slater. Only one part where I lost interest for 2-3 minutes over 2 hr 11 minutes. Story was more complex than other MI moves and that may explain the slight stumble or two. But the action, the obvious heat between Cruz and female lead, and did I say the action, makes this a must see.

Fantastic Four. A John Daly/Kevin Na +17, 4 balls in the water. What a P. O. S.

Steve

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation gets a birdie. It's a fun movie with a lot of great action/stunt scenes. Hope I can look like Tom Cruise when I'm 53.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Fantastic Four. A John Daly/Kevin Na +17, 4 balls in the water. What a P. O. S.

I heard it was terrible and was probably the worst adaptation of a Marvel property in quite a while.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones