IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Another La La Land trailer. Not the greatest voices, but a great song.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New Dunkirk trailer.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Rogue One Chinese Trailer - my Chinese sucks but weird seeing the same characters used for Grand Theft Auto for Rogue One.

Steve

The best musical number in La La Land. THIS IS HOLLYWOOD MAGIC!!!

It's only a matter of time until people go to Griffith Park to recreate the scene:

Steve

Oy vey, Rogue One was... disappointing.

Steve

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Oy vey, Rogue One was... disappointing.

Thanks for letting us know. It is going to be a snowy/rainy weekend and we were thinking of going to the movies.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

31 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Thanks for letting us know. It is going to be a snowy/rainy weekend and we were thinking of going to the movies.

We're going tonight - kids are looking forward to it. I guess we shall see...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I'm in the minority though - don't want to keep you from something you might enjoy. 

Steve

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'm in the minority though - don't want to keep you from something you might enjoy. 

Tell the truth @nevets88… you're just knocking it because the cast didn't bust out into song 12 times, aren't you?

:-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Rogue One was dope. 8.5/10, A-

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Tell the truth @nevets88… you're just knocking it because the cast didn't bust out into song 12 times, aren't you?

:-)

:-D To be honest, I was tired, close to dozing off and someone nearby had a bad case of BO masked by cologne.

Will watch it again to reassess, but pretty sure my opinion isn't going to change. It is a visual and action packed feast and goes against some of Hollywood's tropes, but most of the characters are so paper thin, it's like Game of Thrones perfunctorily showing every character and location it can in an episode. And some of the effects were just huh? inducing. It's a good watch if you're looking for visuals and fan service, probably expecting too much from it. The ending is awesome with exception to something to do with one pivotal character, future viewers, you'll notice.

Steve

I thought Rogue One was good - it did its job in giving some background to, and tied in nicely with, A New Hope. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

16 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I thought Rogue One was good - it did its job in giving some background to, and tied in nicely with, A New Hope. 

Same here, a few neat surprises along the way as well.  An interesting shift in handling the "never tell me the odds" scenario I thought.  Hopefully that does not give anything away.  I think it is a good thing.  The music was curious as well, with a slight shift in some of the notes and sounds just to make sure we knew it was a different kind of Star Wars movie.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Eliminators - Random B action.  Bogey

Goldstone - Australian crime thing.  Par

In A Valley Of Violence - Not really buying Travolta in westerns.  Par

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Has Eva Green in it.  Par

Officer Downe - Uhhh, no comment.  Bogey

The Good Neighbor - Bailed on it after 10 minutes due to annoying Blair Witch feel.  Bogey

The Hollow Point - Random crime action.  Par

The Magnificent Seven (2016) - Par

The Shadow - Old and corny; Alec Baldwin playing an asian?  Bogey

Tomorrowland - Expected bad things with this but it was mostly watchable.  Par

Underworld: Awakening - Monster movie?  Check!  Smoking hot protagonist?  Check!  Birdie

Edited by Strandly

I just saw Rogue One today. 

Off the tee: A slight mishit into the rough. 
Approach to the green: Solid iron shot to 15 FT
Putting: Nailed the putt for birdie. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Blade Runner 2049 trailer, had no idea Harrison Ford is in it. Wonder how much screen time he has.

Steve

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Blade Runner 2049 trailer, had no idea Harrison Ford is in it. Wonder how much screen time he has.

I would suspect a fair amount. About as much as Doc Hudson in Cars. :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets