IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Finally got to see the Lego Movie today.  Birdie.

Everything is awesome

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Watched Epic for the umpteenth time with my little one. Great kids movie, easily a par, possibly a birdie, but it loses points for having bats. I hate bats.

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watched the second Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire . I give it a birdie. Plenty of lame parts, but they nailed the special effects, and I liked that this one was a bit more full-picture (and less child-on-child murder) than the first one. And it would be an insult to everything I stand for to give a Jennifer Lawrence movie anything worse than a birdie.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Have seen most of Miyazaki's films, but this is the glaring hole, the one I've yet to watch until now - My Neighbor, Totoro - now I know why this is so loved. Hoping to catch The Wind Rises soon. Eagle.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Watched the second Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire. I give it a birdie. Plenty of lame parts, but they nailed the special effects, and I liked that this one was a bit more full-picture (and less child-on-child murder) than the first one.

And it would be an insult to everything I stand for to give a Jennifer Lawrence movie anything worse than a birdie.

Agree with your review!  Birdie.  She is an excellent actor and more than makes up for a weak Josh Hutcherson (Peeta).  Donald Sutherland is an excellent bad guy too.

BTW.  Last fall we went to a restaurant in Narragansett and the waitress was a dead ringer for Jennifer Lawrence.  She even talked like her.  I can give you the address if you would like.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Gravity .  Give it a birdie.  Other than the rip off ending from Wall-E, the effects were stunning.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Doctor Strangelove back on Netflix. Peace is our Profession! placard in army base. Satire at its best. Lost count how many times I've seen this movie.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
Wolf of Wall Street

Birdie, reminded me a little of my time in the mortgage business   Some really crazy scenes in this movie but it's entertaining.  Only negative is that it's three hours long.

Its a double eagle for me - a hole in one (that I called before I teed up) on a 400 yd par 4  - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

LdiC was immense on many levels.

Jonah Hill surprised me and top marks for his dialogue about his (cousin) wife's kids.

McConaughey deserves top acclaim.

Margot Robbie - I most definitely would. ( and I would also f++k her brains out for 11 seconds)

Rob Reiner's two main scenes are so funny

Its about 100 times better than Wall Street and easily the best comedy I seen for a long long time.

I put it in my top ten with the likes of...

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Shawshank, PS I love you, Inglorious Basterds, Green Mile and The Sting

[Talking about Wolf of Wall Street]

I put it in my top ten with the likes of...

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Shawshank, PS I love you, Inglorious Basterds, Green Mile and The Sting

So I guess we know what kind of movies you like :)

I saw Anchorman 2 recently and was surprised at how good it was.  Damn funny, lots of good extended set pieces.  Not everyone likes that kind of comedy, but if you've like Ferrel's better movies you'll like this a lot.  I'd give it a birdie.  Maybe should be a par?  Might've given it a 15 foot gimme cause I was expecting it to compare so poorly to the original which is one of my favorite comedies ever.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

American Hustle - 30 foot birdie.  I really like Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence.  They are two of the top woman actors right now (not to mention eye candy).  Bradley Cooper was great and so was Jeremy Renner. But Christian Bale was excellent! I heard so much about the others in reviews, I think they missed on Bale.  Tremendous job.

The final scene, at the school, was filmed in my hometown of Woburn, MA.  Everyone was all excited about it when it was going on hoping to see the stars.

Scott

My Swing Thread

The Great Gatsby (2013) was a pretty darn fun movie, I thought, despite the shaky reviews from critics.

OK, I admit. If you're at all familiar with the novel, then this flick is a borderline bogey. Quite a bit was white-washed, and the way the ending was portrayed was pretty abysmal. But even in this scenario, I think the cinematography and spectacle of the film alone is enough to warrant a par. Or at worst, a shaky par?

If you're like me, however, and haven't read the book since high school, then I think you might like it. Audiences liked the movie much more than critics did. I thought it was visually stunning, and the first half of the movie was really an enjoyable ride. I did find the 2nd half to be a bit strained, but ultimately, I really liked the movie.

If this movie were a four hole stretch, I'd give it: Birdie, Par, Par, Bogey for an even par score.

Constantine

Got to see "Frozen" last night. I give it a solid birdie.

The comedy was spot on, very funny.

The only downside of the movie. I found the singing to be overdone. The main songs were good, but they added, "lets break out and sing" for parts I thought was better if they just left it as normal voice acting. Overall the characters were great. The story was classic Disney. It was simple, heart warming, funny,  but the ending had a bit of a twist, little red herring. So I was glad for them to add too add a bit of a curve ball to the story.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I just seen "A Prophet" for the second time, Wow! It's a straight up hole in 1 that never touched the green! It's probably the best film I've seen since "goodfellas" blew me away years ago! Its a truly epic tale, and although it's mainly subtitled you hardly even notice after the first half hour! Treat ya self people!

Gaz Lee

I just seen "A Prophet" for the second time,

Wow! It's a straight up hole in 1 that never touched the green! It's probably the best film I've seen since "goodfellas" blew me away years ago! Its a truly epic tale, and although it's mainly subtitled you hardly even notice after the first half hour! Treat ya self people!

The scenes with the razor blade. Youch.

Steve

The scenes with the razor blade. Youch.

Oh yes, edge of ya seat stuff! There are too many good scenes to mention, I particularly liked the gun fight... In a car!!! Unbelievable yet so realistic I thought I was a passenger! It's a shame subtitles puts many people off this film as for me it's a classic! I'm surprised Hollywood haven't done a remake, surely it's only a matter of time! But I doubt they could better it!

Gaz Lee

Oh yes, edge of ya seat stuff! There are too many good scenes to mention, I particularly liked the gun fight... In a car!!! Unbelievable yet so realistic I thought I was a passenger!

It's a shame subtitles puts many people off this film as for me it's a classic! I'm surprised Hollywood haven't done a remake, surely it's only a matter of time! But I doubt they could better it!

The same director made The Beat my Heart Skipped - con-artist/goon tries to become a concert pianist. Sort of a Dan Plan if you will. I'd give it a birdie.

Half the movies I watch have subtitles. Some, two languages on screen at the same time. I turn on closed captioning for shows like True Detective, but yeah, most people hate subtitles. Missing out on many good movies.

Steve

Full Metal Jacket. An easy par. Not the best war movie by any stretch, but gains whatever it loses for the first forty minutes of pure brilliance known as R. Lee Emery.

Corey