IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

The Magnificent Seven - bogey. Even going in, not expecting much, expecting something formulaic, you'd think they still could of done something more interesting.Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For some reason, I've read a ton about the movie Crash but had managed to never see it (aside from bits and pieces). It was kind of jarring in some places, and confusing in others, but I give it a birdie. Maybe a birdie that did a 360 and barely managed to fall in, but still a birdie.Β 

I also wonder what my opinion would be if I watched it like 3 more times. I have a feeling I'd either grow to really love it or really hate it.Β 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

11 hours ago, jamo said:

For some reason, I've read a ton about the movie Crash but had managed to never see it (aside from bits and pieces). It was kind of jarring in some places, and confusing in others, but I give it a birdie. Maybe a birdie that did a 360 and barely managed to fall in, but still a birdie.Β 

I also wonder what my opinion would be if I watched it like 3 more times. I have a feeling I'd either grow to really love it or really hate it.Β 

There's Lynch's Crash and the Oscar winning Crash. Guessing probably it's the more recent one. I enjoyed both, the more recent one got mixed reviews though, mostly forgotten, like the Oscar winner that was theΒ silent movie w/the dog.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Watched the Nice Guys. It was funnier than I had expected. Birdie.Β 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Shin Godzilla, birdie. This one was different than your typical Japanese made Godzilla movie and I liked it, more political than a monster movie, which was fine by me, iirc, did well at the box office in Japan, so we're not the only ones clamoring for change.

Kent State shooting documentary:

Β 

Β 

Steve

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - eagle. Just watch this movie.Β 

Steve

Ghostbusters 2016Β - Par. It would be impossible to top the first one. I thought the action was good and I like the actors.

Central IntelligenceΒ - Par. The Rock and Kevin Hart were quite good together.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

So has anyone seen The Accountant yet?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
On 10/17/2016 at 9:24 AM, iacas said:

I have. I give it a birdie. Though it was almost nearly a par… I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and I liked some of the "twists." I put that in quotes because they're pretty obvious for movie fans, but my wife was - unsurprisingly - unable to see them before they happened. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Star Wars: A New Hope/Revenge of the Sith/The Leftovers "crossover"

Β 

Steve

On 10/17/2016 at 9:24 AM, iacas said:

Yes. Β Birdie.

Better than I thought it would be. Β Some really good performances coupled with some unique characters and a new twist on the storyline.

I'm an Anna Kendrick and JK Simmons fan, and I enjoyed seeing Lithgow. Β Affleck is not one of my favorites, but he did well.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Gods of Egypt - par. This got panned and killed at the BO but it's fun, a lΒ batsh*t fun ride.Β 

Steve

Tampopo, eagle, one of the great food movies. Rereleased, so playing in major cities in the US now

Β 

Steve

The Myst (2007) - birdie. It's Halloween, no? This movie is so similar to The Walking Dead, I think Frank Durabont or Durabond was involved in this.Β 

Steve

Watched some more stuff:
Β 

Bus Driver - Terrible B action movie.Β  Double bogey.

Bad Moms - Pretty crude and funny.Β  Par.

Central Intelligence - Mildly amusing.Β  Par.

Independence Day: Resurgence - Good special effects but extremely cheesy dialogue/plot/etc.Β  Bogey.

Marauders - Better than I thought it was going to be.Β  Par.

Sausage Party - Not particularly funny.Β  Bogey.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - More of the same from the first one.Β  Par.

The Hudsucker Proxy - Kinda boring and forgettable.Β  Bogey.

The Late Bloomer - Couldn't finish it, too dumb.Β  Bogey.

Warcraft - Quite a bit better than I thought it would be.Β  Birdie.

Edited by Strandly

Poltergeist, the one from last year. Par.Β The original was awesome, but this remake wasn't too bad although critics panned it. Jared Harris as "the cleaner". A little too much on the nose w/reference to the economy, but relevant.

The Handmaiden, Doctor Strange - both pars.Β 

So looking forward to Arrival, this isΒ the movie I've been looking forward to all year. Will reread the short story.

Β 

Steve

50 minutes ago, Strandly said:

Checked out Dr Strange yesterday, birdie.Β 

I'm going to go see this on Friday. Β Looks really good.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones