IGNORED

What will you shoot tomorrow?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's a tough course. How long is it?

Please don't take this wrong, but would it be more appropriate for you to play a set of tees further up?

its 6875 yards. from the blues. Even from the whites, its 70.3/125/6351.

(but yeah, probably will end up playing the whites)

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its 6875 yards. from the blues. Even from the whites, its 70.3/125/6351. (but yeah, probably will end up playing the whites)

Good on ya! Good luck. :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 5 months later...

Even par 71.

For the first time in a couple of years I think I have enough game to go out on that limb (at least it seems that way in practice).

Tweaked my setup a little and pre-set my hips slightly closed and it seems to have corrected a few problems.

We'll see. ;-)

Even par 71.

For the first time in a couple of years I think I have enough game to go out on that limb (at least it seems that way in practice).

Tweaked my setup a little and pre-set my hips slightly closed and it seems to have corrected a few problems.

We'll see.

Uh oh.....  The golf gods let me off the hook yesterday, I'm hoping they don't take it out on you!  Good luck!

In David's bag....

Well as my parents used to tell us "your eyes were bigger than your stomach" and "you put a little too much on your plate." ;-) Didn't quite have it in me and shot a 72 with 3 birdies and 4 bogeys. Still my best round of the year. Thought I was home free to better my prediction but dunked it in the water on 17. Did a decent job of holding that to a bogey and had a good up and down on 18 for a par. On the other hand I had several par putts of between 5 and 10 feet and made all of them (so it could easily have been a worse round). Felt pretty good over the ball today though so I'm happy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Uh oh.....  The golf gods let me off the hook yesterday, I'm hoping they don't take it out on you!  Good luck!

Well as my parents used to tell us "your eyes were bigger than your stomach" and "you put a little too much on your plate." ;-) Didn't quite have it in me and shot a 72 with 3 birdies and 4 bogeys. Still my best round of the year. Thought I was home free to better my prediction but dunked it in the water on 17. Did a decent job of holding that to a bogey and had a good up and down on 18 for a par. On the other hand I had several par putts of between 5 and 10 feet and made all of them (so it could easily have been a worse round). Felt pretty good over the ball today though so I'm happy about it.

Good on ya! Nice round!

In David's bag....

Going out tomorrow morning for 9 holes before lunch. I'm predicting a +5 40, not bad, not great. I went to the range today for about 30 mins and felt as good as I've ever felt, which means I'm going to play terribly. Maybe I should've gone with 45, but 40 it is.

-Rich

I've been finally coming out of my - what seems like - annual summer slump (that's another whole new story). I've been shooting between 76-82 last six rounds. So with respect to the golf gods, I'll predict (knock on wood) I'll shoot 76 this morning. I will be playing fossile trace GC 6831 yds course rating 72.3/138

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Oh so close. I was +3 through 17. Then dunk the tee shot in the water at 18 and ended up with +2 on 18 for 77

Don

Edited. Wrong thread..... :8)

In David's bag....

• 6 months later...
I've been working hard at home for 2 weeks now on two things, shorter BS (ie by keeping a ball between my elbows) and working on keeping my hips from sliding back using my chair as a check point. Having said that I'm going out to the course tomorrow with my boss early before work and I have a gut feeling all the work is going to pay off.. Im going to shoot in the low 90's of all goes as I hope.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I've been working hard at home for 2 weeks now on two things, shorter BS (ie by keeping a ball between my elbows) and working on keeping my hips from sliding back using my chair as a check point. Having said that I'm going out to the course tomorrow with my boss early before work and I have a gut feeling all the work is going to pay off.. Im going to shoot in the low 90's of all goes as I hope.

You are playing golf with your boss?  That's a good boss.  I sneak out to play golf once in a while when my boss is out of town on biz trip :-D .

I am also shooting for a low 90 score (90 - 93) for my next round.  If I do that, my HI can go down to 19.0.   Here's hoping for both of us.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Most likely some where between 78 and 84, since for the past several months, that is range where about 95% of my scores have fallen into. That is if I play tomorrow, which is not likely. I play nearly all my rounds Tuesday through Thursday to avoid the masses. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I am also shooting for a low 90 score (90 - 93) for my next round.  If I do that, my HI can go down to 19.0.   Here's hoping for both of us.

Ha!  My prediction came true, well, sort of.  I had 107 followed by 93 rounds over the weekend.  HI will drop to 19.1 on 3/31 GHIN.   For encore, I predict another weekend rounds of a low 90 score.   It will drop my HI below 19.  Unfortunately, my next rounds will be not until 2nd week of 4/11 - 4/12.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

76 or better. I always have high hopes early in the season.

Don

After an unconscious 75 with 3 birdies in my first 18 holes of the year from the senior tees, I predict an 83-85 from the regular (blue) tees with my friend, Jim. Basically, I'm still trying to get the rust off of my swing after 3 months of this horrible weather.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I have been struggling on the front, usually two doubles so I am guessing something like 42-39 for an 81. All about holes 2,5 and 6. Which is likely the cause of my poor scoring on them expecting trouble. The back I just do my thing but there a couple silly holes there too. If I double any par 3's on the back I am toast. Last year at my best my birdie and double scoring average was pretty close. I was a par and bogey machine. This year doubles have crept into my life.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!