IGNORED

Tiger in 2014, How many Majors will win?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Tiger will win ____ majors in 2014

• Zero
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four

I put zero, seems to be banged up more often now with lots of injuries, dangerous to himself with 5 foot putts, Not being friends with his driver doesn't help matters,Looks unhappy, disinterested along with a few other reasons that people have stated.

Suggestion to win majors- go play golf its a game, not a job., Smile, embrace the wonderful opportunity you have to play golf for a living, throw away your work out footwear and apparel- stop coming across as an arrogant SOB to your fans and come clean on your mistakes when they happen.  Realize you are human and act accordingly. Stop swearing, grimacing and thinking you are owed something.

I put zero, seems to be banged up more often now with lots of injuries, dangerous to himself with 5 foot putts, Not being friends with his driver doesn't help matters,Looks unhappy, disinterested along with a few other reasons that people have stated. Suggestion to win majors- go play golf its a game, not a job., Smile, embrace the wonderful opportunity you have to play golf for a living, throw away your work out footwear and apparel- stop coming across as an arrogant SOB to your fans and come clean on your mistakes when they happen.  Realize you are human and act accordingly. Stop swearing, grimacing and thinking you are owed something.

Or hit more fairways and tighten up the putting...

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted for 1 but wouldn't be shocked if it was 0 or 2. He will need to stay healthy and have the same mental approach that allowed him to win 5 non-majors last year (including the Players which has not been one of his better venues). One of Tiger's strengths has been the mental side of the game, so I think he will figure it out and have everything click once in 2014 even if he is not quite as good as he was.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

:-P

I was wondering where you were on this thread!

So, how many next year?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Voted for 1, becuase he was close this year... However, it seems that it's getting in his head everytime he plays one and doesnt perrform, lacking of that Tiger edge...

We'll see...

Francesco Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 8.5* PX Tour 7C3 6.0 - Wood: :titleist: 910 F.d 15* PX Tour 8C4 6.0 - Hybrid: :titleist: 910H 19* PX Tour HD2 6.0 - Irons: :titleist: ZB Forged 4-PW S300 - Wedges: :vokey: 52*.08, 56*.11, 60*.04 - Putter: :titleist: Studio Select Newport 2 35" - Ball: :titleist: ProV1x - Bag: :titleist: Midsize Staff - :bushnell: Tour V2

I voted for one. I really wanted to say two, and wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being the number, but the quality of the field is so strong now that getting even one is going to be tough. We all saw how well Tiger played this year and he still wasn't able to get one. I think if it hadn't been for the flagstick at Augusta, he'd have gotten that one. Anyways, I think he wins the Masters, but I really do like his chances at all of the major this year.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I think if he wins the Masters it will likely lead to a 2nd. He's been solid for almost 2 seasons and I just think he will break through.

I think he will win 1 in 2014. I think the only thing keeping Tiger from winning a major is Tiger. He doesn't need to hit driver; he could beat the field hitting 2 iron off most tees as he has several times. He doesn't need to be healthy; he won the US Open in 2008 on basically a broken leg. He doesn't need to have a perfect life; he was having a crap life in 2008, it's just that we didn't know about it. He does need to putt, but that is something he can fix. I think he should go back to the Scotty or the PING he once used to great effect. Its the Indian not the arrow, but part of putting is confidence, and using those those arrows might help him to be the Indian he once was. I have made no secret that I am a little more a Jack fan than a Tiger fan, but that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about will this be the year that Tiger roars back, and the underlying thought on everyone's mind is will he catch/pass Jack's 18. Jack is "in the clubhouse" with 18, but Tiger is still on the course with a few holes to play. In a sense they are tied-you would expect Tiger to win. Jack won 3 after 40 and this will be more difficult I believe for Tiger, so he needs at least a couple in the next 2 years to tie or break Jack's record. I hope Tiger wins at least one in 2014, but I hope it's not the US Open-I am pulling for Phil in that one.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Zip.  Zero.  Nada.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Just in case anyone is interested, the current odds are:

Tiger wins a major in 2014: 7/4

Tiger doesn't win a major in 2014: 3/5

What are the odds of him winning two or more?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

What are the odds of him winning two or more?

I think you'd have to go to Vegas to find out the odds for that. I don't know what they are. I would imagine about 7-1.

I just don't think he is the closer he used to be in the big ones.    He'll win a few times & I hope he does win a major, but I think he's human & feels the pressure now like he never used to when it comes down to the wire in the majors - it's just in head now  ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I just don't think he is the closer he used to be in the big ones.    He'll win a few times & I hope he does win a major, but I think he's human & feels the pressure now like he never used to when it comes down to the wire in the majors - it's just in head now  ...

Pop psychology amateur analysis coming right up...

... but I think most professional golfers probably dream about winning a major or two. When, on the final day of a major, they stand on the brink of fulfilling their dreams, that's when pressure really takes hold.

It's common consent that Tiger has always chased Jack's mark in the majors. You could say that, in career terms, he's just now starting the final round with a share of the lead. Or you could label Tiger with the tag "Best player never to have matched Jack's record." I think Tiger is maybe just starting to feel the pressure of confronting his career goals - and it's going to be fascinating to watch.

Pop psychology amateur analysis coming right up...

... but I think most professional golfers probably dream about winning a major or two. When, on the final day of a major, they stand on the brink of fulfilling their dreams, that's when pressure really takes hold.

It's common consent that Tiger has always chased Jack's mark in the majors. You could say that, in career terms, he's just now starting the final round with a share of the lead. Or you could label Tiger with the tag "Best player never to have matched Jack's record." I think Tiger is maybe just starting to feel the pressure of confronting his career goals - and it's going to be fascinating to watch.

I actually agree with you :beer: .

I think Tiger has struggled mentally to cope with the pressure of winning his first Major since switching swing coaches and his Thanksgiving Day debacle.  IMO, every Major that goes by without him getting a win will make the pressure of the next one even greater.  I think he needs to win one, then getting to 18 will be easier.

19 will be another hurdle, especially since he'll likely be over 40 by that point.

Joe Paradiso

I think you'd have to go to Vegas to find out the odds for that. I don't know what they are. I would imagine about 7-1.

I had to look this up. According to [url=http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/season-specials]Oddchecker.com,[/url] the odds for Tiger Woods winning exactly two majors is 9/1. My prediction is that he won't win only one major next season. I think 2014 is the make-or-break year for Tiger Woods in major championships; he's had success at each of the venues on next year's calendar. If he can't win any of the four events, then he becomes like late-80s Watson or mid-90s Norman, a player who is done winning majors even if he is the best on tour week-by-week. I feel that a victory, on the other hand, begins another run of major wins like 99-02 and 05-08, and that would get Tiger to Jack's record. If Tiger wins any of the first three majors, I'd give him the PGA as well.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!