IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Just received an email from my home course that they are opening THIS Friday.  "Book your Friday or Saturday tee time now" it read.

Weather forecast?  Rain and low-40s both days. Yeah, right.

My league starts there Thursday, April 3rd.  I'm sure it'll be cold enough to SNOW by the time we tee off two weeks from tomorrow!

Like everywhere else in the east and midwest, winter continues. 10-day forecast for NE Ohio looks like more of the same.  Nothing remotely CLOSE to golf weather!  Ugh.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just received an email from my home course that they are opening THIS Friday.  "Book your Friday or Saturday tee time now" it read.

My league starts there Thursday, April 3rd.  I'm sure it'll be cold enough to SNOW by the time we tee off two weeks from tomorrow!

Like everywhere else in the east and midwest, winter continues. 10-day forecast for NE Ohio looks like more of the same.  Nothing remotely CLOSE to golf weather!  Ugh.

dave

I played today.  It was 43 degrees with a 20mph wind.   I have no idea what the wind chill was but nevertheless, I was golfing.........

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

First 18 holes of the year. Last time I played was early December. Shot around 85. Hallelujah!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Winter in New England continues with cold temperatures and now rain to add some fun.  Thought we'd have a nice(r) weekend coming up but then saw that it's going to rain again.  Beginning to wonder if we'll ever get out to the course again.  Hopefully I can at least get to the range and maybe even play some golf assuming any of the courses are open (they're not yet though, but I'm hopeful).

I think we got 12 inches... Edit: make that 14 inches. Add that to the 36 we already have... I can't see my grill anymore.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

dave

Oh come on, Dave! I'm playing tomorrow over at Ridge! The conditions will undoubtedly be horrible, but I'm bored with the range. Our current weather has nothing on some UA Cold Gear! Throw on a skull cap, grab a thermos of Folgers and swing away!

Oh come on, Dave! I'm playing tomorrow over at Ridge! The conditions will undoubtedly be horrible, but I'm bored with the range. Our current weather has nothing on some UA Cold Gear! Throw on a skull cap, grab a thermos of Folgers and swing away!

I'm looking outside right now.  I see snow on roof of house across the street.  All the bushes are blowing sideways.

The good news is that you'll be the only one there and most likely WON'T have to pay!!!  Keep in touch.  Want to see how the new sticks are working out for you.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

I'm looking outside right now.  I see snow on roof of house across the street.  All the bushes are blowing sideways.

The good news is that you'll be the only one there and most likely WON'T have to pay!!!  Keep in touch.  Want to see how the new sticks are working out for you.

dave

Haha, it will probably be a mud pit. Ridgetop is traditionally a pretty nice public course as you know and I"m really surprised they're open already, let alone letting carts out... It's supposed to be 50+ and somewhat sunny so it may not be that bad. They did say it was $20, but that's only a few more bucks than the range that I go to (typically don't care about the cost, but considering the conditions, I would not pay more than $20 on a course where the snow literally melted last week with no maintenance afterwards).

So far everything is great with the new sticks. There's a huge ball flight change with the AP1s than I had with my forged Cobra set. I'm really happy so far and worked out the kinks hitting the range all winter. I'll be due for a case of the yanks by May though. Happens every year!

It all ends tomorrow!!! First round of the season. But calling for snow again Tuesday.... FML

IN MY 

2014 :titleist: Lightweight Cart BAG:

DRIVER: :titleist: 913D2
3&5 Wood:  :titleist: 913F

HYBRIDS: :ping: G20 20* 
IRONS: :tmade: 09 Burners 4-PW
WEDGES: :vokey: 52 & 56*

PUTTER: :ping: 

It all ends tomorrow!!! First round of the season. But calling for snow again Tuesday.... FML

Right there with you, neighbor! Can't wait (may even try to sneak out this afternoon if I can). Saw that weather forecast for next week - not much would suck more than getting snow AGAIN. Thinking positive...:-D Have fun out there.

• Upvote 1

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Even though it's snowing now, and there appears to be 2" on the ground, things are looking good for golf tomorrow if it doesn't rain. We played two weekends ago and it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't let myself watch golf on TV until I got one round in. lol.

The 8 inches we got monday melted very fast.  65* tomorrow and 48* on Sunday (my 30th birthday!).  Will play at least 2 rounds this weekend.  Its really very hard to contain my excitement.

But I can still commiserate--they're calling for more snow on Tuesday.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Great weather all week (excluding some 20-30 mph afternoon winds). But I had high priority ($$) project going and could not break free. :blink:

Snow expected through the weekend, warmer and drier next week. :dance:

Hope to get a few rounds in midweek next.

Springtime in the Rockies! :8)

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

With winter projected to make a comeback next week ... couldn't take it any more - even though I'm sick & fighting off a cold with a fever (my wife pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm nuts) - took Friday off work, drove an hour and a half south & played Heron Glen.      MId 40's, windy as hell, but sunny.    Pretty brutal conditions - played well.     Pitched in from 50 ft & chipped in from 25 on the next hole (all my work over the winter in the living room paid off !!).      Driving pretty well, unfortunately a few really loose approach shots & shot 85, which is about where I left off last year ... so overall, was happy I toughed it out & played ... now I have all weekend to recover.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I hate this guy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Still in Naples, so wish I could bring this weather back to No. VA. Hopefully the storm on Tuesday doesn't last very long. Have the golf bug after playing every day here in Naples. Teeing off at 12 at Grey Oaks CC the Estuary Coure.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

How is this for a late March forecast? -3 right now, and it doesn't appear to be getting warmer anytime soon.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II