IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

CaddyShack Cinderella Story: [video]https://youtu.be/zbQTXFJL8lo[/video] A little springtime distraction

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

... told mother nature to suck it yesterday ... drove an hour south, played in fairly brutal conditions (low 40°'s & wind).     At least there wasn't any snow, just a couple frozen tee boxes to contend with.   Greens were a bumpy mess, course was soggy, traps were mostly water filled ... but after this winter, was more than happy to be out there.    Driver was great, par 3's killed me (every single one of them - not sure what to make of that) ... best shot was a 194 yd approach w/ hybrid - rolled it right past the flag & proceeded to miss the 5 ft comeback birdie putt. :censored:

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Crap.  I have a tee time on Friday and it looks like the Mother F***ing nature has other plans.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Crap.  I have a tee time on Friday and it looks like the Mother F***ing nature has other plans.

I have tee times on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully, the snow does not stick. I might try to get in a quick 9 on Wednesday afternoon to make up for losing one or two rounds this weekend.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

after that warm weather earlier in the week, snow shouldn't stick unless it turns into some kind of blizzard.    Be sure to bring some yellow balls just in case ... SERIOUSLY.

John

You should consider yourself lucky, you could live in New England where most states have 30-70 Inches of snow in places, besides spring has just begun so you'll have plenty of opportunities to play Golf!

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

The courses will be open, but more rain is coming Friday and Saturday looks windy, which means the conditions will be sloppy, cold and balls flying everywhere, no go for me.

Sunday looks better but it's Easter, so I may be coming down with a stomach thing to avoid the boring family get together and hit up what should be some quiet golf.

@dkolo,

@SafeBogey

@jmanbooyaa

And any other folks in NYC or LI, how's it looking down there?  Courses ready to go?  Should I bring my clubs down from Albany this weekend?

I called a bunch for you and they were all closed. These are western Suffolk County area courses. Driving by some Nassau County courses into the city and looking from the LIE, there wasn't snow anywhere except in bunkers, but no one was out there. Everywhere I called, they said they were trying for tomorrow, but no promises. So I think they'll be open this weekend, but I think it'll be soggy and with matted down grass. Weather was calling for rain Friday and Saturday, but it looks like Saturday is clear but windy now. So I think you'll most likely be able to play, but it may be sub-par conditions, no pun intended. If I felt game ready, I might go out to play, but I need more range work first. Haven't swung a club in 2 weeks now.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Thanks for the 411, guys!

The courses will be open, but more rain is coming Friday and Saturday looks windy, which means the conditions will be sloppy, cold and balls flying everywhere, no go for me.

Sunday looks better but it's Easter, so I may be coming down with a stomach thing to avoid the boring family get together and hit up what should be some quiet golf.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to get away with playing on Easter.  The only day would be Saturday.

I called a bunch for you and they were all closed. These are western Suffolk County area courses. Driving by some Nassau County courses into the city and looking from the LIE, there wasn't snow anywhere except in bunkers, but no one was out there. Everywhere I called, they said they were trying for tomorrow, but no promises. So I think they'll be open this weekend, but I think it'll be soggy and with matted down grass. Weather was calling for rain Friday and Saturday, but it looks like Saturday is clear but windy now. So I think you'll most likely be able to play, but it may be sub-par conditions, no pun intended. If I felt game ready, I might go out to play, but I need more range work first. Haven't swung a club in 2 weeks now.

Thanks, @dkolo ou calling around.

Do you live in Suffolk?  Whereabouts if you don't mind my asking.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

@dkolo,

@SafeBogey

@jmanbooyaa

And any other folks in NYC or LI, how's it looking down there?  Courses ready to go?  Should I bring my clubs down from Albany this weekend?

The Crystal Springs courses in Sussex County will be open if you all want to drive an hour west ...

John

The Crystal Springs courses in Sussex County will be open if you all want to drive an hour west ...

I might!

Last night I dreamt that I teed off on hole number 1 but forgot to tag my Game Golf and thought I probably had forgotten because it was my first time using it.

Haha.

Christian

I might!

Last night I dreamt that I teed off on hole number 1 but forgot to tag my Game Golf and thought I probably had forgotten because it was my first time using it.

Haha.

This gave me an idea for a new thread.

- Shane

Oh, the suspense is killing me!

I actually found an old "Dream" thread and bumped it.

Well... golf league starts tonight. Going to be very windy. Should be interesting.

- Shane

I actually found an old "Dream" thread and bumped it.

Well... golf league starts tonight. Going to be very windy. Should be interesting.

Don't forget to Game Golf it so I can live vicariously through you!

Christian