IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I just noticed in my stats for the round I missed 7 putts 6' and under. Wow I need to get that under control

don't spend too much time away from your priority pieces @mvmac has given you. Fixing putting wont take much effort to do. You can keep it sharp with minimal effort just buy doing sporadic putting practice every week or so. Rest of the time, spend on your long game. You mentioned before you suffer from penalty strokes off the tee. Well, that is your full swing, not your putting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I just noticed in my stats for the round I missed 7 putts 6' and under. Wow I need to get that under control

Does that happen every round or did you just have a bad day with shorter putts? I hate to say this but the way you come across is that your statement makes the assertion that you can fix this in a day or less, fact is some days are better than others and you can either chase around a better game thinking it's just a few hours of practice that day or come to the conclusion your in this for the long haul and nothing is going to get fixed with your golf game for at least a month at a time before any noticeable changes happen, the reality is you have to undo or unlearn what your doing wrong first then figure out and understand how to correct the flaw and then accept the fact that it's going to take way more time than I think to get this fixed and the final reality is we never fix our swings we just make better ones once we put in the time and effort to improve.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

don't spend too much time away from your priority pieces @mvmac has given you. Fixing putting wont take much effort to do. You can keep it sharp with minimal effort just buy doing sporadic putting practice every week or so. Rest of the time, spend on your long game. You mentioned before you suffer from penalty strokes off the tee. Well, that is your full swing, not your putting.

[quote name="flopster" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/810#post_982903"] Does that happen every round or did you just have a bad day with shorter putts? I hate to say this but the way you come across is that your statement makes the assertion that you can fix this in a day or less, fact is some days are better than others and you can either chase around a better game thinking it's just a few hours of practice that day or come to the conclusion your in this for the long haul and nothing is going to get fixed with your golf game for at least a month at a time before any noticeable changes happen, the reality is you have to undo or unlearn what your doing wrong first then figure out and understand how to correct the flaw and then accept the fact that it's going to take way more time than I think to get this fixed and the final reality is we never fix our swings we just make better ones once we put in the time and effort to improve. [/quote] To be honest this was the first time I tracked putting distance. It was just an eye opener. Putting has never been my strong suit either

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Does that happen every round or did you just have a bad day with shorter putts? I hate to say this but the way you come across is that your statement makes the assertion that you can fix this in a day or less, fact is some days are better than others and you can either chase around a better game thinking it's just a few hours of practice that day or come to the conclusion your in this for the long haul and nothing is going to get fixed with your golf game for at least a month at a time before any noticeable changes happen, the reality is you have to undo or unlearn what your doing wrong first then figure out and understand how to correct the flaw and then accept the fact that it's going to take way more time than I think to get this fixed and the final reality is we never fix our swings we just make better ones once we put in the time and effort to improve.

Well said. Kyle as you may know, my 1st lesson with Mike and Dana was last Jan. I'm still trying to get my pieces down pat..repetition of those pieces and doing them correctly is the only way I'm gonna get em right. If I go to the range, ball flight, distances are Not what I'm even thinking about. The drills, to make sure I'm doing them right, as there are mirrors at the range, I check myself about every 10 drills. I may hit a full shot once after at least 30 balls I've hit doing my drills, and then it's at about 30 to 40%. Even from my last lesson a couple of weeks ago, the drill Mike and Dana gave me, it was real hard just to make decent contact, i.e. out of 50 balls, I hit 2 that were real good. Now I can at least make contact 90 out of 100 balls, and I make good contact about 40 to 50 out of the same 100 balls, they go higher, and further, though that's not the goal, it's Solid contact, so I know I'm on the right track. So, in the last 2 weeks I haven't hit a full shot at anything above 40%. I watch all these guys hitting great shots, going way out there, yet I have to refrain, knowing that when I can again smack some balls, they should be way better than what I do now.

Focus Kyle..it's the best way to improve.

Huh..sorry for the long winded post, must be the Dad instinct in me..lol

To be honest this was the first time I tracked putting distance. It was just an eye opener. Putting has never been my strong suit either

Neither mine, for some reason I used to putt much better and I do have flashes here and there so I know I can do it it's just a matter of sticking with what works and don't try peeking at the ball before it leaves the putter that is a flaw I constantly have to remind myself to avoid.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Well said. Kyle as you may know, my 1st lesson with Mike and Dana was last Jan. I'm still trying to get my pieces down pat..repetition of those pieces and doing them correctly is the only way I'm gonna get em right. If I go to the range, ball flight, distances are Not what I'm even thinking about. The drills, to make sure I'm doing them right, as there are mirrors at the range, I check myself about every 10 drills. I may hit a full shot once after at least 30 balls I've hit doing my drills, and then it's at about 30 to 40%. Even from my last lesson a couple of weeks ago, the drill Mike and Dana gave me, it was real hard just to make decent contact, i.e. out of 50 balls, I hit 2 that were real good. Now I can at least make contact 90 out of 100 balls, and I make good contact about 40 to 50 out of the same 100 balls, they go higher, and further, though that's not the goal, it's Solid contact, so I know I'm on the right track. So, in the last 2 weeks I haven't hit a full shot at anything above 40%. I watch all these guys hitting great shots, going way out there, yet I have to refrain, knowing that when I can again smack some balls, they should be way better than what I do now. Focus Kyle..it's the best way to improve. Huh..sorry for the long winded post, must be the Dad instinct in me..lol

I appreciate the input and advice. What do you do when you go play a round? I try to keeps swing slow and try to get my position at the top right and solid follow through [quote name="flopster" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/810#post_982923"] Neither mine, for some reason I used to putt much better and I do have flashes here and there so I know I can do it it's just a matter of sticking with what works and don't try peeking at the ball before it leaves the putter that is a flaw I constantly have to remind myself to avoid. [/quote] I have a hard time with distance control sometimes. I leave my putts short a lot

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I appreciate the input and advice. What do you do when you go play a round? I try to keeps swing slow and try to get my position at the top right and solid follow through

I have a hard time with distance control sometimes. I leave my putts short a lot

I have gotten to the point where now I don't even think about anything really.. Def. not thinking about any mechanics.. For me, I make sure I am set up correctly to the target line with a good posture, and that the ball is in good position and then just take it back and smack..  leave the mechanics at home, so that you can enjoy your round is what I think..

Maybe others have a different view, I would def. like to hear more.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

If putting is the problem there is just one simple thing that helped me so much.

I pulled a lot off putts to the left.

What i was thinking off if i would get a thicker grip i might lock my wrists so i couldn't pull the putt.

I bought a SuperStroke 3.0 installed it, after 2 weeks off getting used to the whole new feel, i began to make

more putts specially the ones between 3 and 6 feet.

It helped me to get my hdd down by 2 shots.

Best spend 25 dollars ever

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I have gotten to the point where now I don't even think about anything really.. Def. not thinking about any mechanics.. For me, I make sure I am set up correctly to the target line with a good posture, and that the ball is in good position and then just take it back and smack..  leave the mechanics at home, so that you can enjoy your round is what I think..

Maybe others have a different view, I would def. like to hear more.

I would definitely agree with you about leaving the mechanics at home. Trying to work on your swing on the course will only make you play badly. Just think about how poorly we all hit the ball when practicing and trying to change the picture swing very slowly. I think that if you're practicing properly on the range and at home then swing changes will slowly creep into your swing when out on the course just swinging "normally".

I would say though that like tiger does when he practice swings way left, i do like to take a practice swing with exaggerated feels if i feel i'm slipping towards bad habits and regression on the back 9 of a round.

Henry

I have gotten to the point where now I don't even think about anything really.. Def. not thinking about any mechanics.. For me, I make sure I am set up correctly to the target line with a good posture, and that the ball is in good position and then just take it back and smack..  leave the mechanics at home, so that you can enjoy your round is what I think..  Maybe others have a different view, I would def. like to hear more.

I am gojng to try that for sure. Cuz working on my swing on the course does get way frustrating [quote name="tomvk77" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/810#post_982999"]If putting is the problem there is just one simple thing that helped me so much. I pulled a lot off putts to the left. What i was thinking off if i would get a thicker grip i might lock my wrists so i couldn't pull the putt. I bought a SuperStroke 3.0 installed it, after 2 weeks off getting used to the whole new feel, i began to make more putts specially the ones between 3 and 6 feet.  It helped me to get my hdd down by 2 shots.  Best spend 25 dollars ever  [/quote] I was pulling them a lot too and got the same grip and that helped my accuracy a lot!!! But kow I'm having distance control issues :/ [quote name="FooFader" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/810#post_983010"]I would definitely agree with you about leaving the mechanics at home. Trying to work on your swing on the course will only make you play badly. Just think about how poorly we all hit the ball when practicing and trying to change the picture swing very slowly. I think that if you're practicing properly on the range and at home then swing changes will slowly creep into your swing when out on the course just swinging "normally".  I would say though that like tiger does when he practice swings way left, i do like to take a practice swing with exaggerated feels if i feel i'm slipping towards bad habits and regression on the back 9 of a round. [/quote] I noticed yesterday my old swing was starting to come back in play later in the round. I hit a couple pulls because unused to swing left so much and no with my stronger grip it went straight left. Maybe I'll try out a couple exaggerated swing before my approaches

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I am gojng to try that for sure. Cuz working on my swing on the course does get way frustrating

Of course it is. The whole process of practicing is taking something that you want to change, and this process will have a lot of volatility to it, and making it more consistent. Basically it takes a long time to make a change consistent enough to score. You might get lucky from time to time, and put things together, and you might BLOW UP on the course form time to time.

If you are practicing on the course, you have neither the tools, nor the time to make it a meaningful practice. Its an act of futility to think a person can play good golf by trying to practice your swing while you play. Basically it is a waste of time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

If you are practicing on the course, you have neither the tools, nor the time to make it a meaningful practice. Its an act of futility to think a person can play good golf by trying to practice your swing while you play. Basically it is a waste of time.

Yep.

When you practice, practice.

When you play, just play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yep.

When you practice, practice.

When you play, just play.

Sounds familiar ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I appreciate the input and advice. What do you do when you go play a round? I try to keeps swing slow and try to get my position at the top right and solid follow through

I have a hard time with distance control sometimes. I leave my putts short a lot

I haven't played for at least 3 months. What I'm trying to do is get my game/swing in order before I hit the course, I want to give myself the best chance to shoot a good score, and most importantly have the tools to at least if I execute that I have a good shot at scoring below 90,, but that's just me. I spent 3 hrs at the range last night, about 2:15 mins were spent just doing drills. I actually hit some full shots just to see if I had accomplished anything, I did, my full shots were longer, with less effort, now if I could just hit a dang fade.. :loco:

As soon as I get my driver and 3 wood sorted, I'll be playing again.

I haven't played for at least 3 months

You are a better man than I.

The "3 months" I took off were from December to February and then got extended to mid April.  I don't have the will power to just practice and not play some.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I haven't played for at least 3 months. What I'm trying to do is get my game/swing in order before I hit the course, I want to give myself the best chance to shoot a good score, and most importantly have the tools to at least if I execute that I have a good shot at scoring below 90,, but that's just me. I spent 3 hrs at the range last night, about 2:15 mins were spent just doing drills. I actually hit some full shots just to see if I had accomplished anything, I did, my full shots were longer, with less effort, now if I could just hit a dang fade..

As soon as I get my driver and 3 wood sorted, I'll be playing again.

You need to follow the "Go out and play" thread.

I suppose part of the satisfaction is improving your swing, but the main fun comes from playing. Even if you score in the mid-90's it's still a blast. So, you can't lose if you play.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I suppose part of the satisfaction is improving your swing, but the main fun comes from playing. Even if you score in the mid-90's it's still a blast. So, you can't lose if you play.

I know, and I do miss playing, however, having to hit tee shots with my 4i on par 4's and par 5's just doesn't appeal to me... :-(

Totally agree.

I know, and I do miss playing, however, having to hit tee shots with my 4i on par 4's and par 5's just doesn't appeal to me...

I think the solution, then, is to tell yourself that you're not playing a round, but you're just practicing on the course.  You're not going to get better as fast as you'd like by just practicing.  OTOH, I get that it's no fun to play bad either.  So if I was you, instead of practicing for 3 hours on the range in the evenings, maybe half that time you could go out on the course, play 9 holes, and don't keep score, hit multiple balls if/when you can/want to, etc, etc.  It gives you the opportunity to hit "real world" shots that the range cannot do.

I swear I am a plus handicapper at the range.  A lot of good that does me on the course. :beer:

Note: This thread is 3647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!