IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know it's silly ... but I told my wife that it would be cool to see somebody with some cockiness just try for the ace as many times as possible.  Could you imagine somebody with some skills taking 21 shots (OK perhaps, they should stop at 11 ;)) while you're sitting there watching them from the bench?  That would be hilarious.

Haha that would be hilarious. You know whoever was on the bench would be like WTF is going on? They would have to assume they busted and just kept hitting to play mind games, so they would probably just stick with something safe... Big Break would have to designate 10 minutes of the show just for her to flip over all 21 aces.

So far this BB seems far more boring than others. I just watched a bit on On Demand while I was doing other tasks. Seems like a snoozefest the last couple anyway. No real surprises as the weaker players drop: Lindsay, Kristi, Kylee, etc . Next should be Fiamma, maybe Renee or Mary. Let's just get quickly to Sadena and Jackie head to head for 18 holes, because even season's interpersonal drama is boring (and overall play less than inspiring). Any other matchup seems a letdown. Or maybe a cool Cinderella story if Fiamma, Renee or Mary can pull it out. Doubtful tho.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Didn't Mary hit two shitty shots in the short par four challenge?

Why does everyone keep assuming she's good? Because I haven't seen anything particularly good from her.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd like to know why Sedena always chokes way down on her clubs ? did she not get fitted or something..?

Why does everyone keep assuming she's good? Because I haven't seen anything particularly good from her.

Only she thinks she is good, yeah just about every shot she hits is hackerish at best. Funny thing is she'll claim they were good shots that somehow ended up bad due to something than her own hand.

Dave :-)

Haha that would be hilarious. You know whoever was on the bench would be like WTF is going on? They would have to assume they busted and just kept hitting to play mind games, so they would probably just stick with something safe... Big Break would have to designate 10 minutes of the show just for her to flip over all 21 aces.

I also don't get why Sadena thought it necessary to try and "bluff" her opponent after she got blackjack.  You got blackjack!  It can't be beat!  What she should have done is look straight at her opponent and say "effing blackjack, beeeeeeotch!" and then "mic drop" her clubs right there on the course and walk away.

Seriously.  It's pretty obvious at this point that they only put her on the show as eye candy.

Wait, what?? :-P

(I don't think anybody actually thinks she's any good at this point except her)

Seriously.  It's pretty obvious at this point that they only put her on the show as eye candy.

Wait, what??

(I don't think anybody actually thinks she's any good at this point except her)

Lol!

I also don't get why Sadena thought it necessary to try and "bluff" her opponent after she got blackjack.  You got blackjack!  It can't be beat!  What she should have done is look straight at her opponent and say "effing blackjack, beeeeeeotch!" and then "mic drop" her clubs right there on the course and walk away.

I wasn't paying a lot of attention at that point so I don't know what would have happened if they both got blackjack. A playoff?

If so it would be an advantage to "bluff" even if you had blackjack so the other player might bust or stop before 21.

P.S. Mary has every negative trait on my list of things that annoy the Hell out of me.

• Administrator

The one girl who had 17… There seemed to be three boxes in a row that couldn't hurt her: Ace (1), 4 (21), and 2 (19). Why didn't she just aim for the 4 and then if she got A or 2, stop?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The one girl who had 17… There seemed to be three boxes in a row that couldn't hurt her: Ace (1), 4 (21), and 2 (19). Why didn't she just aim for the 4 and then if she got A or 2, stop?

Technically none of the boxes could have hurt her, as it was a soft 17. But, yes it should have been a no brainer "hit", even if it had been a hard 17

I would have hit two shots (regardless of where they landed) and been like "That's Blackjack! Beat it sucka" and walked off. Even if the thought that I was playing with you, its a ton of pressure....

I would have hit two shots (regardless of where they landed) and been like "That's Blackjack! Beat it sucka" and walked off. Even if the thought that I was playing with you, its a ton of pressure....

It's a bit of a gamble - I wouldn't be able to do it because I'm not a gambler - but I could see that working.

If I'm sitting behind the wall and you did that, then I have a million things running through my head.  Did he get blackjack?  Is he bluffing?  Does he know I'll suspect him of bluffing, therefore he's bluffing bluffing?

Bottom line would be that I'd pretty much have to go for 20 or 21 no matter how many shots it took me.  I'd kick myself if I stayed on a lower number after "knowing" you had 21, so I'd risk the bust to try and win.

I'm very pleased with all of the winners for taking the money.  I was going to be real disappointed if any of them wussed out and took the mulligan.

I think this game threw several of them for a loop. Perhaps they haven't played much BJ, but that me scratching my head too.

- Shane

My wife said the same thing last night. She didn't understand why everyone is scared of Mary because she hasn't proven to be any good. My wife also referred to her as "a bully."

This is the worst BB I can remember. Why am I still watching? But I am and I'm guessing Jackie will win in the end.

As far as Kylee being chicken for laying up from 268 I don't think so. A lot of LPGA members don't hit their driver that far. I doubt if Kylee could ever get hit a 3 wood close to 270 yards. She would have  been more likely to have pulled it left and been done for right then. Oh well I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

taking 21 shots (OK perhaps, they should stop at 11 ;))

You mean 10..... ;-)

I find it funny that these players think it's an advantage to be a blackjack player.

The card strategy is completely pointless.  They are hitting "golf shots" to specific areas - not drawing random cards from a deck.  Totally inapplicable to even THINK about the card game.

what I'd to see during this challenge is an overlay of that ground layout - Erik points out that holding on 17 is silly when there are 3 regions in a connected line that are 4 or less....

then the commentary would be interesting at least as they can talk about which "areas" are good targets for adding to the point totals

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!