IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yep, and proud of it. One our local "leaders" tried to bring the Right to Work ideas into Ontario and got absolutely destroyed at the polls (sending a clear message to Stephen Harper and his pandering cronies) and I hope Canadians continue to oppose these Corporate fueled policies wherever they arise. I like being able to provide a good life for my children without having to work 60+ hours a week and like knowing that I'll be able to retire with dignity at an appropriate age and not have to scrape for minimum wage until the day I die so that the 1 percenters can put a bigger kitchen in their yachts.

Ummm, hello?!?!?!  Nobody has kitchens in their yachts!  They have galleys! :-P

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/270_30#post_1041062"]   Yep, and proud of it. One our local "leaders" tried to bring the Right to Work ideas into Ontario and got absolutely destroyed at the polls (sending a clear message to Stephen Harper and his pandering cronies) and I hope Canadians continue to oppose these Corporate fueled policies wherever they arise. I like being able to provide a good life for my children without having to work 60+ hours a week and like knowing that I'll be able to retire with dignity at an appropriate age and not have to scrape for minimum wage until the day I die so that the 1 percenters can put a bigger kitchen in their yachts. [/QUOTE] Ummm, hello?!?!?!  Nobody has kitchens in their yachts!  They have galleys! :-P

See, I'm so stuck in the lower to middle class that I don't even know what they call their kitchens. I knew I shoulda been an engineer. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

See, I'm so stuck in the lower to middle class that I don't even know what they call their kitchens. I knew I shoulda been an engineer.

LOL, most definitely not.  I've never actually been on a yacht of any kind.  Or a sailboat.  Or a cruise ship.  Been on a couple ferry boats, and a couple ski/fishing boats, and a couple of those party barge thingies that go, like, 8 mph, and that's pretty much it for me.

The closest thing to a galley on any of those is the cooler on the fishing boat and the bbq on the party barge. :beer:

The other side of that is that there are actually people out there who are hard-working (like you) but who would rather be evaluated, recognized, and paid based on their high level of performance, rather than fall into line behind the mob of mediocrity who's only achievement is having been around longer.  If I was a young, intelligent, hard-working kid, I'd NEVER consider working in any kind of union environment.  If I were old, tenured, and lazy, it's the only place I'd want to work.

FWIW, not too terribly long ago I was a senior manager in a construction materials producer.  I paid my top performers MUCH better than they would have otherwise made at our unionized competitors.  The side benefit, was that my poor performers left on their own to work for those same competitors, while their better performers tended to seek me out.

There's not a businessman in the world that won't tell you that the biggest challenge they have is finding quality people, and that they'll do damn near anything to keep them once they do.  There was a time that unions were necessary in this country.  That time is long gone, and the biggest fight that unions face these days is from a young workforce that realizes it.  As a result, unions are fighting for their own survival, and that survival, not their membership is their main focus.

I was in the union for 20 years, have been in management for 6 years. Unions are an excuse for an average of 50% of the work force to be slackers.

Union members have a gang mentality, I know because I was in it for so long. Unions had a place looooooonnng ago, not needed now. Unions do the most for those that do the least. Without the company to work for, the union is NOTHING.

• Upvote 1

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

• Administrator

I played with someone who is pursuing his Ph.D. in supply chain management.

I didn't think that was something that offered a Ph.D. Doesn't seem all that complex, but… okay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Maybe he can get @Jeremie Boop his driver.

I think it will take a miracle for that to happen, over 24 hours since last time that club even was registered in the system.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I played with someone who is pursuing his Ph.D. in supply chain management. I didn't think that was something that offered a Ph.D. Doesn't seem all that complex, but… okay.

The SCM executive in the company I work for also has his Ph.D in SCM. Basically they manage the end to end operation other than the actual production in the plant! All kinds of raw materials have different expiration dates and then the Finished Goods have different shelf life (pharma company) and since we dilever products inside and outside KSA it makes the logistics of getting the supply in and then the FG out a critical function! Inventory mgt, lead times, demand analysis, production planning, logistics mgt and other things I can't remember now.. BTW I'm not part of the SCM team, just sharing information!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
Inventory mgt, lead times, demand analysis, production planning, logistics mgt and other things I can't remember now.

Sounds like something a computer program could do pretty well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sounds like something a computer program could do pretty well.

Probably right.. The ERP we use is SAP which is considered one of if not the best in the world and you still need people to manage it.. It also probably depends on the industry.. If you are mainly a make to order company you will have a much easier time than when you are make to stock!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Probably right.. The ERP we use is SAP which is considered one of if not the best in the world and you still need people to manage it.. It also probably depends on the industry.. If you are mainly a make to order company you will have a much easier time than when you are make to stock!

I run the ERP and manufacturing systems here. The computer doesn't always know the tricks to get the material where it needs to be. That often takes the ability to wine and dine the right folks in the industry. Because of a good relationship we have with a supplier, they ratted out a Chinese company who stole our design. That allowed us to sue our customer and get royalties on the part we designed. It stinks, because it's not doing anything to keep our people employed, but at least it adds to the bottom line.

- Shane

The weather is perfect and I'm sitting around waiting for two other maintenance guys to show up. I wish I were golfing right now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The weather is perfect and I'm sitting around waiting for two other maintenance guys to show up. I wish I were golfing right now.

^^^^^^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^^^^^

- Shane

Too many people believe Cell Phones with all these lines etc. are a necessity. I only have a family of Two - so I cannot really understand the need for a family with four kids to have six lines and all that.  But that's just me.

When did we become so dependent on cell phones and texting anyways?  I think it's on the same level as any other addition in some ways.  to say you need it is just not true.  I think the Phone Companies are really pulling the wool over your eyes with the deals and the extra lines and the Family plan.   Compare to other options out there like SKYPE ( free ) and other land line options.  Yes - you don't have the mobility , but really ... isn't it nice to be focused on what you are doing instead of connected to your family all the time with your BEEPER ?

Spent a few hours researching cell phone plans, which is it's own little hell.

I checked out the coverage maps for AT&T;, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile. T-Mobile's is atrocious, so they're out. Sprint's is hardly better. Really down to just AT&T; and Verizon. Aside from price (which seems to be within $5 a month between the two), anyone have any reasons to favor one or the other?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I checked out the coverage maps for AT&T;, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile. T-Mobile's is atrocious, so they're out. Sprint's is hardly better. Really down to just AT&T; and Verizon.

Aside from price (which seems to be within $5 a month between the two), anyone have any reasons to favor one or the other?

I've had Verizon for years and never had issues with them. They tend to have a great coverage area. Dada speed is pretty good. I never had an issue with any of their customer service, or employees at their Verizon Stores.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Dada? Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Too many people believe Cell Phones with all these lines etc. are a necessity. I only have a family of Two - so I cannot really understand the need for a family with four kids to have six lines and all that.  But that's just me.

When did we become so dependent on cell phones and texting anyways?  I think it's on the same level as any other addition in some ways.  to say you need it is just not true.  I think the Phone Companies are really pulling the wool over your eyes with the deals and the extra lines and the Family plan.   Compare to other options out there like SKYPE ( free ) and other land line options.  Yes - you don't have the mobility , but really ... isn't it nice to be focused on what you are doing instead of connected to your family all the time with your BEEPER ?

Skype still needs a data plan.

A cell phone means that there's one number and you'll get me every time. Not my kid, not me when I happen to be home, etc. Me.

And if you don't, you can tweet at me, text me, iMessage me, Instagram me, Facebook message me… or leave a voicemail.

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!