IGNORED

2014 WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sigh. Damn Tiger. I bought salsa and everything. Now I have to watch this cocky ******* Reed run away with it.

Lol, and Tiger isn't a cocky ******? Reed doesn't bother me, to me it's more confidence than cockiness....but I know they run hand and hand.

And obviously I'm a little biased because he's on my fantasy golf team this week :banana:

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I miss Reed's former caddie......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I miss Reed's former caddie......

She needs to hire a nanny and get back on the bag.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Does anyone here have experience with back pain? Is putting worse for the back than full shots?

For me, it's worse when putting. When I practice or play a lot I get shooting pains down my left leg, and its the worst when trying to stand over a put. Idk why.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Does anyone here have experience with back pain? Is putting worse for the back than full shots?

[quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/72899/2014-wgc-cadillac-championship-at-doral-discussion-thread/210#post_960561"] Back pain covers a pretty wide range of symptoms and conditions. When my back acts up, full swings actually help as long as a I don't try to swing out of my shoes but putting can be a killer. It may be the complete opposite for someone else though.[/quote]Yeah, "back pain" can mean about 10000 different things. If it's disc stuff (what I have) then you're talking about pinched nerves, and, oh boy, anything - anything - can be painful. Swinging, putting, standing still, breathing ... It all depends. One of the times my back was the most painful, it was "caused" while tying my shoes. So, yeah, nothing is out of the realm.

Reed looking for an easy bogey at #18 to win this event -- smart move. I remember Tiger going 4-iron, 4-iron, PW (and two putts) to beat Quigley a few years ago. I think he nearly nailed the par putt that day, too. [i]Edit[/i]: and now the guys in the booth have said this too. They should hire me for that job! [i]Edit 2[/i]: It was 2007, and against Brett Wetterich, not Brett Quigley. Oops. Thanks for making me look it up Erik!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Tiger truly looked like he felt horrible. Walking off the 18th green.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

Reed looking for an easy bogey at #18 to win this event -- smart move. I remember Tiger going 4-iron, 4-iron, PW (and two putts) to beat Quigley a few years ago. I think he nearly nailed the par putt that day, too.

He did that last year to beat Stricker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_WGC-Cadillac_Championship .

Maybe he did it another time too… Quigley hasn't had status for a few years now has he?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He did that last year to beat Stricker: [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_WGC-Cadillac_Championship]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_WGC-Cadillac_Championship[/URL] . Maybe he did it another time too… Quigley hasn't had status for a few years now has he?

Er... 2007, but I was wrong about Quigley. It was Wetterich. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_WGC-CA_Championship At least I got the first name right. That's close, isn't it?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Why does he have to be such an arrogant ****? Why?

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Didya guys know his wife believes in him? [quote name="Crim" url="/t/72899/2014-wgc-cadillac-championship-at-doral-discussion-thread/210_30#post_960577"]Lol, and Tiger isn't a cocky ******? Reed doesn't bother me, to me it's more confidence than cockiness....but I know they run hand and hand. [/quote] I never claimed rationality. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Dunno...but patting yourself on the back like he did in that interview won't win him any fans, that's for sure.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Didya guys know his wife believes in him? I never claimed rationality. :-D

So @jamo , are you gonna frame that salsa?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So @jamo , are you gonna frame that salsa?

Of course. Right along with Patrick Reed's résumé that he just read to Steve Sands.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You see it as arrogance ... I see it as confidence. To me, arrogance would be somebody who hasn't won 3 times in the last several months, twice this season, and once 90 seconds ago against the strongest field of the season saying stuff like that.

Reed's not going away anytime soon. He's a gamer. I don't think he's going to have the career of a Tiger or Phil, but I do see him being an ATM machine like Zach Johnson and racking up lots of top-10s, with maybe a major or two mixed in there by the time his career is over. I don't know enough about him to say he's arrogant. Will have to hear more interviews and see how he handles this win. I do think he's confident, though, from what I've heard.

What did he say that was arrogant? I couldn't hear the post-round interview over my family.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

What did he say that was arrogant? I couldn't hear the post-round interview over my family.

They asked him about his "top 5 in the world" comment they aired earlier in the day and he didn't back down from it. He thinks he's really really good, and it don't see a problem with it, because he is. Also, guys go the other way and say too much self deprecating stuff and we blast them for being phony. They can't win.

Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!