IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think he's returning this year. Not during the majors.

So...it's been six months since he played.  Five since his last back surgery.

Last February Tiger declared his "indefinite leave of absence"; he took two months off before playing events in April, May, and June each a month apart.  LaCava's told ESPN Tiger "wasn't close" to coming back in December, and he's still not even hitting chip shots.  I'd say I have to agree with you:  even on an aggressive timeline he's at least two months away (assuming he's on the verge of starting to practice tomorrow).  Given Tiger's stated intention to "take his time," six months (which would take him past the PGA) or next year seems even more likely. 

I'm neither a Tiger hater nor a homer, but man would I love the story if he could start winning again.  At least then all the Hogan people would have to shut up.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

59 minutes ago, k-troop said:

Last February Tiger declared his "indefinite leave of absence"; he took two months off before playing events in April, May, and June each a month apart.  LaCava's told ESPN Tiger "wasn't close" to coming back in December, and he's still not even hitting chip shots.  I'd say I have to agree with you:  even on an aggressive timeline he's at least two months away (assuming he's on the verge of starting to practice tomorrow).  Given Tiger's stated intention to "take his time," six months (which would take him past the PGA) or next year seems even more likely. 

I'm neither a Tiger hater nor a homer, but man would I love the story if he could start winning again.  At least then all the Hogan people would have to shut up.

Have to agree with you there.  But sadly I think his playing days are over.

@colin007 no that is not blasphemy.  :-P

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

32 minutes ago, Yukari said:

But then you didn't figure Denver had a chance in the Super Bowl either, so I'm not wagering anything on your Tiger forecast. ;-)

Only Tiger and his doctors know for sure at this moment.  I tend to go with the school of thought that puts him back trying to compete by this time next year.  If he even makes an appearance before then it would be a bonus.  Being one of the many who have chronic back problems, I really can't say with confidence that he'll ever play competitively again.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

2 hours ago, Fourputt said:

But then you didn't figure Denver had a chance in the Super Bowl either, so I'm not wagering anything on your Tiger forecast. ;-)

Only Tiger and his doctors know for sure at this moment.  I tend to go with the school of thought that puts him back trying to compete by this time next year.  If he even makes an appearance before then it would be a bonus.  Being one of the many who have chronic back problems, I really can't say with confidence that he'll ever play competitively again.

Yeah that's true. But I was right in that Peyton didn't do anything worth awhile. It was pure defense that won the SB. 

With regards to TW, I am hoping he can come back in 2017 and be at least 80-90 % of his old self. It would be great story. 

But I'm not holding my breath. 

Don

I have had some serious injuries, and it takes a certain kind of person to come all the way back from them.  Woods is competitive, driven, and a high achiever. There is no reason he can't come back, but he may have to adjust his swing and aggressiveness somewhat.

15 hours ago, Yukari said:

With regards to TW, I am hoping he can come back in 2017 and be at least 80-90 % of his old self.

So you'd settle for him winning 2 majors and 7 tournaments overall?  That would be 80% of his 2000 season!!

Kevin

19 hours ago, k-troop said:

Hogan came back from nearly dying in a head on collision with a Greyhound bus.  In order to save his life and reduce risks of blood clots in his shattered left leg the doctors tied off a major artery in his leg which restricted blood flow.  

I'm a Tiger fan too but given the limited medical treatments available to Hogan and the severity of his injuries, you really can't ever compare the two.    

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Ben Hogan was like a God when I was growing up. We used to go to Hogan's Driving Range in Maryland which was owned by his brother Larry.  He liked we kids, and used to give us pointers for free on our swings.  Those were the days when anything seemed possible.  My golf career may have peaked in the 1960s when shooting in the low 80s seemed normal.

1 hour ago, k-troop said:

So you'd settle for him winning 2 majors and 7 tournaments overall?  That would be 80% of his 2000 season!!

If he can do that it will be a miracle. If he can win 3 tournaments a year regardless whether it includes one or more majors, the golfing world would be ecstatic-except, of course, all the TW haters. 

Sadly, I just can't phathom him coming back in a competitive level. Oh he may attempt to come back, but I'm not sure if he can be competitive. I seriously hope I'm wrong though. 

Don

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Hogan came back from nearly dying in a head on collision with a Greyhound bus.  In order to save his life and reduce risks of blood clots in his shattered left leg the doctors tied off a major artery in his leg which restricted blood flow.  

I'm a Tiger fan too but given the limited medical treatments available to Hogan and the severity of his injuries, you really can't ever compare the two.    

Point made.  :-D

Kevin

21 hours ago, Yukari said:

I know...I know....as much as it pains me, the future is looking more and more bleak. I miss the guy so much.

Colin P.

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2/18/2016 at 0:31 PM, k-troop said:

Point made.  :-D

Handily!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/14824744/agent-tiger-woods-denies-client-had-setback-rehabilitation-latest-back-surgery

Tiger Woods's agent Mark Steinberg felt compelled Monday to deny a couple of social media posts that led to stories suggesting the golfer has had a setback in his rehabilitation from his latest back surgery.

An anonymous Twitter account under the handle "Secret Tour Pro'' and long-time golf writer Robert Lusetich, formerly of FOX Sports, both had tweets in the last few days suggesting that Woods had difficulty sitting for long periods and that his back condition had worsened.

Lusetich also went on The Dan Patrick Radio Show to discuss the situation.

Neither divulged sources or said if the reports were linked to anyone close to Woods.

"The tweets that appeared this weekend about Tiger's health are ridiculous and absolutely false,'' Steinberg said in a statement Monday. "It's reprehensible that every few months someone makes something up and it's treated like a real story. Tiger continues to work on his rehabilitation and we will have an accurate update at the appropriate time.''

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Whenever Secret Tour Pro says something, I'm usually pretty confident the opposite is true. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

5 hours ago, iacas said:

It is good to hear those reports are false. I was kinda down when I heard the initial reports.

Michael

With Tiger, I am not so sure that report really is false.  I hope it is, but I won't be holding my breath that's for sure.

Regardless, 2016 is a lost year for Tiger.

Don