IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Woods on equipment - what does using wrap glue to adjust spin mean?

Woods practicing chipping and putting. 

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2016/11/29/tiger-woods-practices-his-chipping-and-putting-on-tuesday-before.html

That is one... fugly... bag. Attack of the radioactive Martian bear! :-D

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Put the swing into Analyzr, let's compare apples to apples, screenshots of early 2016/4 (if my labelling is accurate) vs now. backswing I thought was longer I was wrong, is the same, hips look more open post impact though, not the greatest angles, black pants.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

PGA Tour posts a swing

Steve

36 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Put the swing into Analyzr, let's compare apples to apples, screenshots of early 2016/4 (if my labelling is accurate) vs now. backswing I thought was longer I was wrong, is the same, hips look more open post impact though, not the greatest angles, black pants.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

More open hips at impact and a lot better exit position suggests a better path, IMO.

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I'm a big Tiger fan and would enjoy watching him eclipse Jack's record but the window to do it is just about shut.  Even if he's 100% healthy, he's lost the advantages that he enjoyed when he dominated because the rest of the field has caught up and passed him.   It's been 8 years since he last won a Major and the field has only improved over those 8 years.  

But did it really improve, or does it just look like it because you do not have a guy head and shoulders better than the field, as in Tiger's prime?  

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

24 minutes ago, turtleback said:

But did it really improve, or does it just look like it because you do not have a guy head and shoulders better than the field, as in Tiger's prime?  

In terms of stats there are guys that hit it further than he did, grind better than he did and putt better than he did so it's hard to say definitively if Tiger would still dominate today if he was at his prime.  

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

In terms of stats there are guys that hit it further than he did, grind better than he did and putt better than he did so it's hard to say definitively if Tiger would still dominate today if he was at his prime.  

Tiger succeeded largely because of his ballstriking.

He also tended to finish high in putting, but he could have also been an average putter many times and still won by several strokes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Woods on equipment - what does using wrap glue to adjust spin mean?

Woods practicing chipping and putting. 

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2016/11/29/tiger-woods-practices-his-chipping-and-putting-on-tuesday-before.html

That is one... fugly... bag. Attack of the radioactive Martian bear! :-D

Instead of it being green and black they should have made it red and black for tiger then it would look better. I think it's good to see monster sponsorship in golf.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tiger succeeded largely because of his ballstriking.

He also tended to finish high in putting, but he could have also been an average putter many times and still won by several strokes.

Does this mean you think he'd still dominate? 

1 minute ago, sirsteveo55 said:

Instead of it being green and black they should have made it red and black for tiger then it would look better. I think it's good to see monster sponsorship in golf.

Monster in golf is good, the bag is ugly.  It almost looks like an afterthought that was rushed to get something with their logo on it.  

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Does this mean you think he'd still dominate? 

I haven't looked at any of the numbers, so I don't know.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sigh... Like the Rolling Stones said, what a drag it is, getting old.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 5.06.04 PM.png

Steve

10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Isn't the one on the right when he was previewing Blue Jack by playing 9 holes?

Kevin

On 11/30/2016 at 8:08 PM, natureboy said:

Isn't the one on the right when he was previewing Blue Jack by playing 9 holes?

Could be, I have no info on where I got it from other than the date. A Google reverse image search might tell. He is wearing pink, IIRC, lots of pastels on display during marketing for it.

Hank Haney says at least 1 major and more wins possible.

Steve

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Hank Haney says at least 1 major and more wins possible.

He also put an apostrophe in the word "lots." So… ;-)

• Upvote 1

Some new bits about Woods from his presser. Warm down takes a long time, worked w/Como to reduce stress on back, also said he didn't feel any pain.

Woods claimed his warm down routines from rounds now take “close to two or three hours to do everything” including physio and ice baths but it is the price you pay after a career with three back surgeries and four knee operations.

And in consultation with swing coach Chris Como the pair have lessened the load on his back through the swing.

“I've made subtle changes here and there,” Woods confirmed after his impressive 7-under 65 on Friday.

“I've tried to go back and look at and do some stuff that I used to do as a junior that I did naturally.

“You think about it, I looked like the size of a 1‑iron and I could hit it and I could really move the ball and there's reasons for it and I tried to go back to a lot of those things, a lot of those feels and try to get into similar positions. 

“Obviously I probably never will be as loose and as Gumby‑like when I was that young but there are other things I can learn from that.”

http://www.pgatour.com/the-upshot/2016/12/02/tiger-woods-hero-world-challenge-round-2.html?cid=TWPGATOUR

Steve

Looks like decision to wait till now has been vindicated. 

Steve

The positives have to be really encouraging for Tiger, he can certainly compete right now and if he fixes his short game wins will come, but that chipping is a huge concern, and considering he's probably been practicing it like wild of late he may be facing a long term problem there. It's tough to win without a sound short game, a little wild off the tee can be fixed with a great iron game, which he has, but nothing can fix bad chipping, too many doubles looming.

Also his swing is still so violent, I guess a guy can't be a pro golfer without going after it but I do not see him staying healthy with that much torque in every drive.

Edited by MrDC