IGNORED

How Many Courses in Your Last 20

Gunther
Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently had occasion to view a buddy's GHIN page. I was aghast (maybe not aghast) but definitely surprised to see that he had played only 1 course the last 20 times he posted a score. Looked very strange to me because at any given time there will be between 13 and 15 different courses in my last 20 and I try to visit a course I haven't played every few months. If I had to play only one course over and over, I'd probably quit the game as one of my favorite aspects of golf is the variety. Different green speeds, slopes, trees, etc. It piqued my curiosity and throughout the year or so I've lurked here, I've often thought that if I ever pull the trigger and join the site, that would be the 1st question I'd ask, again, just out of curiosity. Thanks!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now I have 4 but that number is high because I had friends come down from up north and we played a couple of courses in Sarasota a couple of weeks ago.

Generally in my last 20, I will have 19-20 at my home course and an occasional other course will slip in.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

14 different courses in my last 20.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Nice

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I recently had occasion to view a buddy's GHIN page. I was aghast (maybe not aghast) but definitely surprised to see that he had played only 1 course the last 20 times he posted a score.

Looked very strange to me because at any given time there will be between 13 and 15 different courses in my last 20 and I try to visit a course I haven't played every few months. If I had to play only one course over and over, I'd probably quit the game as one of my favorite aspects of golf is the variety. Different green speeds, slopes, trees, etc.

It piqued my curiosity and throughout the year or so I've lurked here, I've often thought that if I ever pull the trigger and join the site, that would be the 1st question I'd ask, again, just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

First of all: Welcome, Gunther, to TST!!!

I agree 100%.  I have to play different courses every 3 or 4 rounds at minimum.

Looking back at my last 20 rounds, I've played 12 different courses:  5 different courses in CA, 3 different courses in NV and 4 different courses in CO.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Thanks! Your last 20 is a lot more exciting than mine. I'm fortunate to live in Dallas where there are about 200 courses within 50 miles but i would love to play some NV or CO altitude golf. Never done it.

I agree re: changing up courses. When I was looking for good deals on greens fees, I did not even consider joining a club to exclusively play one course. I found myself totally biased to finding 10-25 round discount packs that I could get at various municipal organizations that would apply for several courses that they ran.  I can average about $30/round greens fees in our area, which isn't too bad. If I joined a club, I could probably pay less per round, but I'd have to play a lot more to make it worthwhile on a per-round basis, plus limit myself to just one course (sometimes two, if they have a sister course arrangement).

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Last 20 all in my home club, usually I have 3-4 different courses.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

I also play a wide variety of courses, but I can see the benefits of playing a single course.

For one, you get comfortable with the game faster because you go to the same place and get to know the starters. They can give you pointers on particularly tough holes for the day. Another is the amount exercise when you walk is predictable. It's easy to see why a person would play the same courses. I have also found myself playing with the same people over and over again, and you can make friends more readily through this repeated chance meeting.

There are good reasons for going to the same course. That being said, I have quite a few "home" courses, now: Brookside (Pasadena, CA) 1 and 2, Santa Anita, San Dimas Canyon, Altadena (9 hole), Eaton Canyon (9 hole), Almansor (easy 18 hole), Arcadia (par 3 18 hole) and Arroyo par 3. I like a little bit of variety, and many times I just feel like a casual fun round.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

4 for me.  16 of my last 20 were at my home course.

When I got a membership I was afraid that I'd get bored with the course, but I haven't.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Probably 15 of my last 20 rounds have been at "home" courses that I play often. I see what you mean about variety in different courses, Gunther. A few summers ago, me and my golfing buddies decided to go on a "Golf Blitz" as they put it. We basically had to see how many different courses we could play in July. We ended up playing about 15 new courses. It was a cool experience, teeing it up and not knowing anything about the course or each hole, aside from yardage. It really tests your abilities and shot-making decisions.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

12 in the last 20.  Mostly because of a crazy deal on 1 course where I played 5 times.  Usually, I do stick to about 5-6 courses though.

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2 Cobra Bio Cell+ Callaway Razr Hawk 3W TaylorMade SLDR 19H Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-AW Scor 55 & 60 (Wedges)

15 for me, no single course more than twice.  That's why I always a dumb look on my face when people ask "Where do you usually play?"  It takes me a minute to try and remember which course I may have played 3 times in the last few months. ;)

2 courses in my last 20 rounds.   I have a membership so I have no reason to go anywhere else unless there is a tourney or something.  Why spend the cash to go elsewhere when I have a place to play that is already paid for.   Plus....my home course is the best course around.(ranked 3rd best public course in the state)  If I go anywhere else, it amounts to slumming.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator

Figure that one out.

I'm just screwing around. I have no idea. Probably 12 or so, but only because I played three in my last three with Mike.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Figure that one out.

I'm just screwing around. I have no idea. Probably 12 or so, but only because I played three in my last three with Mike.

Playing some 9 hole rounds at different places

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

4 courses in the last 20 rounds.  I have a regular Sunday game at my home course and I played league at another

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!