IGNORED

How Many Courses in Your Last 20

Gunther
Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Only 6. Majority at my home course.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Three. Work at one, live across the street from another, and if I can score a "hot deal" on Golf Now I play the third. But after Sunday it will change because more daylight I can navigate Atlanta traffic and hit some others in the afternoon:) Love daylight savings time!

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

I recently had occasion to view a buddy's GHIN page. I was aghast (maybe not aghast) but definitely surprised to see that he had played only 1 course the last 20 times he posted a score.

Looked very strange to me because at any given time there will be between 13 and 15 different courses in my last 20 and I try to visit a course I haven't played every few months. If I had to play only one course over and over, I'd probably quit the game as one of my favorite aspects of golf is the variety. Different green speeds, slopes, trees, etc.

It piqued my curiosity and throughout the year or so I've lurked here, I've often thought that if I ever pull the trigger and join the site, that would be the 1st question I'd ask, again, just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

agree - I like variety too - probably 30 courses I play in my 1 hour driving time limit  rotation.   12 in my last 20 different courses

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

,,,, Looked very strange to me because at any given time there will be between 13 and 15 different courses in my last 20 and I try to visit a course I haven't played every few months. If I had to play only one course over and over, I'd probably quit the game as one of my favorite aspects of golf is the variety. Different green speeds, slopes, trees, etc.

There might be two in my last 20, but no more than that.  Some people take a couple of vacations a year, never to the same place twice.  Some people buy a time-share so they can enjoy the same place over and over.  Some people are blessed to live in a place they love and vacation happily at home.  My home course is close to home and a pretty decent layout with enough maintenance issues to give me something to gripe about but not enough to run me off.  The next nearest course is a good ten miles away and I don't seem to have any more fun playing different courses than I do my regular.  Different strokes...

Jim

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Seven for me.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've played 13 different courses in my last 25 rounds.   I don't play in a league and enjoy playing a different course frequently.    I'm going to play in a league this year so that number will probably go down.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Seven. I get bored playing my home course all the time, so at least once a month I will go play a different course.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

12 Courses out of my last 20.

One of them (El Dorado) accounts for 8 total rounds. But here is what is really scary. 7 of those 8 rounds at El Dorado have contributed to my lowest 10 for my handicap index!

This is just a ballpark estimate but without crunching the actual numbers, I'd say I'm a 6.5 index at El Do and a 10.5 everywhere else. I can definitely see how these country club guys suffer from "grade inflation" when it comes to their index calculations!

12 Courses out of my last 20. One of them (El Dorado) accounts for 8 total rounds. But here is what is really scary. 7 of those 8 rounds at El Dorado have contributed to my lowest 10 for my handicap index! This is just a ballpark estimate but without crunching the actual numbers, I'd say I'm a 6.5 index at El Do and a 10.5 everywhere else. I can definitely see how these country club guys suffer from "grade inflation" when it comes to their index calculations!

Agreed. Always felt playing a variety of courses made me a better player overall, if only factoring in the various greens conditions. There are some courses that have greens I simply cannot putt. The hole looks miniscule, and others where I'm lights out. Doesn't much matter the surface either. Some bent I'm confident, some I'm not. Same with Bermuda. Anyway, thanks for responding. My curiosity has been sated. Didn't really detect a trend but it was interesting.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

2 courses in my last 20 rounds.   I have a membership so I have no reason to go anywhere else unless there is a tourney or something.  Why spend the cash to go elsewhere when I have a place to play that is already paid for.   Plus....my home course is the best course around.(ranked 3rd best public course in the state)  If I go anywhere else, it amounts to slumming.

What is your "home course" in KC area?  I used to live there  till about 5 years ago and moved to Houston. don't miss the Winters!

I play daily and 36 twice week (30) rounds a month or so. I'd say 90% are at my club while the others at different tracks that we play inter club matches.  I'll go play wherever one wants to play but I have not ever got bored playing my home course at all. Great/hard track.

My home course is where they filmed Tin Cup movie. Anyone guess the name?

What is your "home course" in KC area?  I used to live there  till about 5 years ago and moved to Houston. don't miss the Winters!

Stone Canyon....it opened in 2009 so you might have missed it.  .....and yes, I hate winters too!!

http://www.stonecanyongolfclub.com/

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!