IGNORED

2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

jamo
Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Really enjoying these games so far!! I've watched 10 times more World Cup than us open this weekend! One random goofy thought I've always had: why can't/doesn't Adidas make their shoes in special colors for the teams instead of just neon yellow and orange?? They could still do bright colors, but could also match unis. Leave the yellow for Brazil and Colombia, the orange for the Dutch and Mexico, USA and England and Germany could have red shoes, Italy and Argentina could go blue, etc etc. that would look a lot sharper to me. Anyway ... Go USA tomorrow! (And don't drown!!)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One random goofy thought I've always had: why can't/doesn't Adidas make their shoes in special colors for the teams instead of just neon yellow and orange?? They could still do bright colors, but could also match unis. Leave the yellow for Brazil and Colombia, the orange for the Dutch and Mexico, USA and England and Germany could have red shoes, Italy and Argentina could go blue, etc etc. that would look a lot sharper to me.

I think the shoe companies just want them to stick out. For instance, if you see anyone wearing one pink shoe and one blue shoe (like a lot of the guys are), you know they're with Puma. I am, however, a bit surprised that FIFA doesn't have an overarching deal with Nike or Adidas or whomever to provide all of the uniforms and shoes, rather than leaving that up to the individual countries and players. Seems like that would be a very FIFA sort of money grab.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I am predicting the US to go 0-1-2. So a loss to the Germans and draws against Ghana and Portugal. Defensively the US have a good chance, but a challenge for them to score enough against the Germans or the Portuguese.

No hate, just being realistic.

As an aside, the WC this year has been fantastic. Goals, goals, and more goals. Got to be close to 3x from 2010.

Michael

The key for the US against Ghana I think is disciplined possession in the midfield. Ghana will slice the US back line wide open on the counterattack with their speed, and long balls if they are not careful in the midfield. I really want this Ghana match to go the way of the US. They need a little revenge and it would be a big confidence boost for the next two. If they lose, I am afraid it could very well mean three losses.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpcfonkt4[/VIDEO]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

So....If USA has any chance to advance, what is the best outcome in this Germany-Portugal game?

Germany wins, Ronaldo blows out a knee? Both knees? And an ankle?

In my bag:

Germany wins, Ronaldo blows out a knee? Both knees? And an ankle?

As a normal human being, It's hard to root for Germany. Also they already got their dam US Open!

Riley

I'll never root for Germany or Portugal. My best guess is that Germany will finish first in the poule. So the USA is competing for second place. Portugal, except for Ronaldo, does not have a strong team. So the best outcome for the USA would be a win by Germany.

Germany handing Portugal their ass

Big time.

I am starting to feel the nervous energy about the USA game.  By game time I will be freaking out probably.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Not a complete surprise. Portugal does not have a strong team. Germany on the other hand is in it for the cup. Every point USA takes away in the game against Germany are bonus points. Germany is just too strong. The other two games will be the ones they should take away Points.

Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!