IGNORED

2014 NHL Playoffs

tmac20
Note:Β This thread is 3603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Carey Price was awesome last night too.

Yeah, Carey pretty much stole that one, the HABS played like crap, a ten day layoff will do that to you. This plays perfectly into the game plan, Bruins dominate game 1 and come up empty, let the head games and second guessing begin!!!

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been nice, so should you. Β Let's talk after the Series. Β BTW, I am flying to Brazil for a week for work tomorrow. Β I will probably miss every game because goodness knows they are big time NHL fans down there.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Let's go Pens! Will be interesting to see what team shows up. If it was nicer I would go down to Consol to watch.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Solid win from my NYR.
  • Upvote 1

Β Β :sunmountain:Β eco lite stand Bag
:tmade:Β Sim 2 Max driver
Β :callaway:Β MavrickΒ 20 * hybrid
:tmade:Β M2 3HLΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  :mizuno:Β JPX 923 5-gwΒ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Β Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

@Ernest Jones ,

I have to apologize for the racist crap that some so-called Bruins fans subject Subban to. Β That is not the Boston I know. Β I think these people should have their tickets revoked permanently. Β I hope the Bruins organization goes after them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

@Ernest Jones , I have to apologize for the racist crap that some so-called Bruins fans subject Subban to. Β That is not the Boston I know. Β I think these people should have their tickets revoked permanently. Β I hope the Bruins organization goes after them.

The Bruins drafted Subban's brother (Malcolm) in 2012 for god's sake.

@Ernest Jones , I have to apologize for the racist crap that some so-called Bruins fans subject Subban to. Β That is not the Boston I know. Β I think these people should have their tickets revoked permanently. Β I hope the Bruins organization goes after them.

I agree 100%. Completely ridiculous.

It makes me nauseous.

Scott

My Swing Thread

@Ernest JonesΒ ,

I have to apologize for the racist crap that some so-called Bruins fans subject Subban to. Β That is not the Boston I know. Β I think these people should have their tickets revoked permanently. Β I hope the Bruins organization goes after them.

@boogielicious , I meant to post about that earlier but have been busy. I have been to Boston many times on business and that is not the Boston I know either. It's unfortunate that there's always a couple knuckleheads that get the spotlight. As much as I like to bash the Bruins and their fans it's all in good fun and every time I've been to Boston I've had a wonderful time and met great people. I've even sat in an Irish pub (the Lyre), surrounded by Bruins fans and talked hockey and horseshit into the wee hours of the morning and it was all good, never felt the least bit threatened, and this was just a week or two after the Chara hit on Pacioretty so I'll go on record (just this once mind you) and say that Boston fans have class. Ugh...that felt pretty weird.

Out of all the North American cities I've been to, Montreal and Boston share the most in common. We are like siblings.

Philadelphia on the other hand........

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

We are sister cities from what I understand. Β I haven't been to Montreal yet. Β We were planning on going for an anniversary in Sept 2001, but as you know, things changed that month.

I wish fans would understand that it is a game. Β Win or lose, life still goes on.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Wild even the series at 2. Β Hey Chicago fans getting a little worried yet? Β It just looks like Minnesota is starting to believe that they can hang with Chicago, and it is really fun to watch our third and fouth line come into their own. Β The likes of Nino, Haula, and Fontaine have really shown that the Wild are much more than just Parise, Kiovu, and Suter.

PS - Just heard that Bollig got a two game suspension for his boarding on Keith Ballard last night.

Go Ducks!! P.S. Realized tonight that the dumbos who sit in the front row and bang on the glass whenever the players get near are the hockey equivalent of the "get in the hole!!!" guys at PGA tournament.

Well, the Bruins certainly made a statement last night. Their D was impregnable. Unless Carey can steal the series, we are done. Not sure that press-boxing Brière to make room for an injured and contact-shy Prust was one of Therrien's smarter moves of the post season. The final score was 4-2, a very misleading stat as the game was a lopsided as can be. I don't think I've ever seen a team pull their goalie down 3 goals with almost 5 minutes to play. It was actually an interesting tactic, once I got over my shock, I realized that Therrien's strategy was to draw penalties more than anything else and it worked to a degree. Unfortunately, Montreal PP was beyond inept last night. Full credit to the Booins though, they played airtight defensively last night.

Go Ducks!! P.S. Realized tonight that the dumbos who sit in the front row and bang on the glass whenever the players get near are the hockey equivalent of the "get in the hole!!!" guys at PGA tournament.

I always thought that was stupid. These guys have been playing hockey most of their lives; they're not going to be distracted by somebody banging on the glass. [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/73876/2014-nhl-playoffs/120#post_988556"]I don't think I've ever seen a team pull their goalie down 3 goals with almost 5 minutes to play.[/quote]Teams have been doing that lately. Pittsburg did it the other day. It's just a desperation move, really. Since goal differential doesn't matter, and the team is likely to lose the game, it doesn't hurt anything to get super aggressive.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

As a Bruins fan I would pay Suban the ultimate compliment and say "I hate Suban, but I would love Suban if he played for the Bruins." He can really take over a game. He is one of the few players I would pay to watch. Go Bruins!

Well, the Bruins certainly made a statement last night. Their D was impregnable. Unless Carey can steal the series, we are done. Not sure that press-boxing Brière to make room for an injured and contact-shy Prust was one of Therrien's smarter moves of the post season. The final score was 4-2, a very misleading stat as the game was a lopsided as can be. I don't think I've ever seen a team pull their goalie down 3 goals with almost 5 minutes to play. It was actually an interesting tactic, once I got over my shock, I realized that Therrien's strategy was to draw penalties more than anything else and it worked to a degree. Unfortunately, Montreal PP was beyond inept last night. Full credit to the Booins though, they played airtight defensively last night.

The Habs win the next two games. Boston is tired.

The Habs win the next two games. Boston is tired.

Bold prediction. I like it!

Note:Β This thread is 3603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!