IGNORED

My Swing (14ledo81)

14ledo81
Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks.  Next time I vid, I will take some video from the rear.

Ahhh, let's keep these threads PG. ;-)

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Thanks.  Next time I vid, I will take some video from the rear.

Ahhh, let's keep these threads PG.

You know, somehow I knew that was coming.  Although, I would have thought it would have been @Ernest Jones .......... :-P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Here it is.  The much anticipated "posterior" view.

Hopefully someone with knowledge can comment on if my right elbow location is ok.  If so, I will work on the centered hip turn some more.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

You forgot to mention that it was R-rated!!!! :bugout:

Looks like your right elbow retracts behind you a bit there. Check out the video below.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

You forgot to mention that it was R-rated!!!!

Looks like your right elbow retracts behind you a bit there. Check out the video below.

Sorry about not mentioning the rating...................................not......... :-P

Mike did link that vid in this thread before.  I am just struggling with a "feel" that works to keep the elbow from coming around.  In the latest vid I posted (posterior view), it does not appear as good as Eriks position in this vid.  It also does not appear as bad as the "bad" position in this vid either.  Just wondering if it should still be a priority for me right now, or have I made enough progress with it.

-Matt-

Sorry about not mentioning the rating...................................not.........

Mike did link that vid in this thread before.  I am just struggling with a "feel" that works to keep the elbow from coming around.  In the latest vid I posted (posterior view), it does not appear as good as Eriks position in this vid.  It also does not appear as bad as the "bad" position in this vid either.  Just wondering if it should still be a priority for me right now, or have I made enough progress with it.

I know you didn't like the "straight right arm feel" but how about "elbows squeezed together"? You may not need to feel "squeeze", for myself the thought of "close" works although I will sometimes use an active "squeeze" when practicing.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Sorry about not mentioning the rating...................................not.........

I know you didn't like the "straight right arm feel" but how about "elbows squeezed together"? You may not need to feel "squeeze", for myself the thought of "close" works although I will sometimes use an active "squeeze" when practicing.

I may have to try the squeezing elbows feel some more.  Maybe I should just duct tape them together.....

-Matt-

I may have to try the squeezing elbows feel some more.  Maybe I should just duct tape them together....

It's better to squeeze them, maybe with a ball between them at first although I've never bothered with a ball. The issue with restricting them with a belt or something (which I have done) is you may actually just train yourself to maintain outward pressure on the belt. That'll backfire big time once there's no belt.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

I may have to try the squeezing elbows feel some more.  Maybe I should just duct tape them together....

It's better to squeeze them, maybe with a ball between them at first although I've never bothered with a ball. The issue with restricting them with a belt or something (which I have done) is you may actually just train yourself to maintain outward pressure on the belt. That'll backfire big time once there's no belt.

Ok.  I will try it.

I am getting really frustrated with this issue because no matter what feel I try, I can't seem to get it to "stick".

If I make really slow backswings, I can find the right position.  The problem is, when I "real" swing, I think my backswing momentum is carrying the elbow around.

-Matt-

Ok.  I will try it.

I am getting really frustrated with this issue because no matter what feel I try, I can't seem to get it to "stick".

If I make really slow backswings, I can find the right position.  The problem is, when I "real" swing, I think my backswing momentum is carrying the elbow around.

When I went on vacation I brought a 6 iron and spent a week making swings with my arms squeezed together as tight as I could. Felt ridiculous and uncomfortable, actually didn't even feel like a golf swing and certainly not one that could be used effectively BUT every ball I hit like this was a tight little draw. I learned a lot about what I need to do to get into the positions that had been eluding me and drilling this in for a week straight totally fixed my A4 and gave me the best looking A6 (dtl) I've ever had. Of course, I've had to dial it all back a bit for a real golf swing (lost too much distance with the exaggerated feels) but those huge exaggerations stuck with me and when I start to lose it a bit I'll be going back to those extreme feels.

As for the bolded, STOP the moment you feel you're losing the sensation of "close elbows" or "straight arms" or whatever feel works, to me it feels like I'm stopping WAY short of a full swing but I can also carry a 56* over 100yards like that so obviously, it's plenty full.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Here it is.  The much anticipated "posterior" view. Hopefully someone with knowledge can comment on if my right elbow location is ok.  If so, I will work on the centered hip turn some more.

I'm not on a computer do I can't draw the pretty dots and lines on your video.. But take a look at what your left knee does.. It should really be going down and in while your hip turns.. It is almost going down and out instead which is helping in restricting your hip turn and once it can't turn anymore your arms just keep reaching back and this the position you don't want! Work on feeling the left knee coming down and in.. Put something in front of your legs and feel as though your knee is going towards it.. Let your hip get a full turn and then your arms won't feel like they have to go all the way back. Let me knowni that makes sense, and if not I'll draw up the pretty dots and lines once I get to a computer!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

@Abu3baid ,  I follow you.  Basically you are saying the restricted hip turn is leaving the arms no where to go but to slide around.

That was actually the last thing @mvmac wanted me to work on.  Maybe that will help with the elbow.  I just did not want to move on to it because I felt I was back-sliding on the right elbow position.

Was thinking to nail that piece down before I moved on to the hip turn.  But, maybe the hip turn will help with the elbow.

-Matt-

@Abu3baid ,  I follow you.  Basically you are saying the restricted hip turn is leaving the arms no where to go but to slide around.   That was actually the last thing @mvmac wanted me to work on.  Maybe that will help with the elbow.  I just did not want to move on to it because I felt I was back-sliding on the right elbow position.   Was thinking to nail that piece down before I moved on to the hip turn.  But, maybe the hip turn will help with the elbow.

Exactly why I was thinking.. Getting the knee down and in and the hips turning will give room for the arms to gently get to their needed depth in the backswing! It is much easier to work on that than trying to isolate an arm feeling in the backswing while turning incorrectly! I am thinking the arm depth/slide might just take care of its self!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Quote:

@Abu3baid

,  I follow you.  Basically you are saying the restricted hip turn is leaving the arms no where to go but to slide around.

That was actually the last thing @mvmac

wanted me to work on.  Maybe that will help with the elbow.  I just did not want to move on to it because I felt I was back-sliding on the right elbow position.

Was thinking to nail that piece down before I moved on to the hip turn.  But, maybe the hip turn will help with the elbow.

Exactly why I was thinking.. Getting the knee down and in and the hips turning will give room for the arms to gently get to their needed depth in the backswing!

It is much easier to work on that than trying to isolate an arm feeling in the backswing while turning incorrectly! I am thinking the arm depth/slide might just take care of its self!

Hopefully.  I need all the help I can get.

I feel my ball striking has improved a lot with the shorter irons.  I am hitting them farther (9 iron 140) and with decent distance consistency.  Once I hit the 7 iron range (and longer) the wheels fall completely off.  I could pull my 7 iron and not be surprised when it only goes 140 due to some kind of mis-hit.  It is so bad, that when I am even around 165 out, I feel completely clueless.

Apparently I still have enough issues in my swing to where it won't hold up while hitting longer irons.

-Matt-

• 8 months later...

First video I have posted this year.  I think I am making some progress with the right elbow in front of the seam, and making a centered backswing.  It still (to me) appears my hips are beating my arms on the downswing, and contact still feels really clanky most of the time.  I think something big is still missing.

Looking at impact, Keys 1-3 (to me), look ok, but still having serious (IMO) contact issues.

If anybody has anything, I would be much appreciative.

6 Iron - FO

-Matt-

The swing looks solid from FO, @14ledo81 . Do you have a DTL shot?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Didn't take a DTL, but I will get one up as soon as I can.

-Matt-

Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!