• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mistophalees

The misery that is McCord

53 posts in this topic

Please. Someone. CBS. Bring TV golf back to me. I know and follow about 200 PGA golfers and almost the same number of European players every week and this man Gary McCord is ruining it for me. I have to turn the sound off and then I lose focus. Yes Nick Faldo with his after-the-fact calls and Johnny Miller with his the-problem-with-so and so can raise dissent but the totally incoherent, impertinent babble of McCord is like suddenly having a children's program piped into the golf match. Please stop him.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I don't mind him.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You must be really upset, creating an account just to share this with us. I like him too. He helps me to remind me not to take golf (or life for that matter) to seriously.

He makes me laugh...Which I don't mind at all.

I like McCord and his humor.  I would like to like both ends of his mustache on fire for fun though.

He's okay in small doses, but does tend to get annoying after awhile. Preferable to have someone w/a personality than plain vanilla.

Is that "Golfer Gary," the "PGA Tour Personality" who smiles benevolently at me from the packaging of the Noodle soft golf balls I like to use in the cooler months? The chap with the Mephistophelean whiskers? He seems like a nice enough fellow. And he's absolutely right you now, "[that] ball bites," and for only $14.00 for 15, in a nice green box from Wally-World...

Awwwww come on seriously? You don't like McCord? Geeez I really like him, he's good. He's one of my favorite announcers!

I like McCord... I am also reading his golf for dummies book. I think he does a good job of making golf not too serious for the everyday fan. You are following 400 guys weekly so you clearly take it more serious than most and I can see how he would rub you the wrong way.

I don't mind McCord, but he does make me cringe at times.    He tries too hard to be funny - don't think it comes as easy for him as it does for Feherty, who's wit is amazing.

I don't love him like I do Feherty, but he doesn't bother me.  It's nice to have a goofball break up the stuffiness of golf once in awhile.

I also like McCord. He is a characiture of himself.

McCord for PGA commissioner! McCord is a cool dude in my book, he has a few misses with his jokes, but he has way more makes than misses. When I think of it, I think I like all the on-field announcers. It's the Rich Learner, Nantz, and Chamblee that I don't like.

I pretty much like the entire CBS golf lineup, including McCord.

Of all golf announcers, Miller get on my nerves the most because of his extremely high sense of self-worth, but at other times if I can get past his arrogance, I respect his honesty and bluntness as well