IGNORED

Ben Hogan Irons to Return in 2015

Note: This thread is 3248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there a range of handicaps that these irons are designed for? Would you say they more "players" than GI?

Yes slightly more players type of iron than GI. I'd say they're similar to the AP2 irons in terms of handicap range.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes slightly more players type of iron than GI. I'd say they're similar to the AP2 irons in terms of handicap range.

Would the clubhead size and topline be comparable to AP2?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Would the clubhead size and topline be comparable to AP2?

Yes. Slightly bigger head and more offset than the AP2 irons.

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks. Not in the market, but I do like the looks and the idea of loft numbers instead of club numbers makes sense. I definitely plan to try these out.

• 3 weeks later...

Very glad to hear this respected name is back in the market. Love my used Apex Plus irons.

The selection by loft is great. Hope they will let you customize by shaft length too. Glad for forged heads so easier to adjust lie angles.

Does anyone understand the purpose / intent of the V sole? Is there a simple calculation to figure the 'effective' bounce?

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Last week, I asked the guys at the local Golf Galaxy if they would carry the new Hogan Ft. Worth 15 irons and TK 15 wedges. They said the new clubs would not be available through golf retail chains.

I contacted Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Co., and got this reply from territory manager Kyle McKelvey:

This is the same track Ping took in its early years.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• 2 months later...

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Man 220 carry with a 3 iron impressive. Rick Shiels isn't incredibly long probably 110mph driver speed so I would say these irons perform very well.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

I don't know if anyone else has seen or hit these, but they're are definitely not "classic" blades. Different kind of club compared to the Titleist 714 MB's, MP-4's, TaylorMade MB irons. Much more offset, thicker topline, thicker sole.

Mike McLoughlin

I like the black hosel fitting with red stripes...very nice. I also like the "Ben Hogan" signature in black with the red underline.

Otherwise, I don't predict success for this venture.

Mr. Hogan, if he could, would come out of his grave, and melt those clubs (imho).

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I like the black hosel fitting with red stripes...very nice. I also like the "Ben Hogan" signature in black with the red underline.

Otherwise, I don't predict success for this venture.

Mr. Hogan, if he could, would come out of his grave, and melt those clubs (imho).

The hosels are a throw back to Hogan's old line of irons and is a nice touch along with the signature.  I think the iron market is saturated so a new line of irons from a company (SCOR) that had a minimal presence in the industry before their release is going to have difficulty gaining market share.

I'm sure some will like the look (they do look nice) and some will buy because of the Hogan name but overall I'm having a tough time envisioning a business plan that justifies the investment.

Joe Paradiso

They are as ugly as hell.

The idea that the name means anything at all these days (golf equipment related) is ridiculous.

They are trying to make them look understated and classic, but the result is the opposite.

If they were a TM,  Titleist  or Mizuno release, people would be scratching their heads.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

They are as ugly as hell.

The idea that the name means anything at all these days is ridiculous.

They are trying to make them look understated and classic, but the result is the opposite.

If they were a TM,  Titleist  or Mizuno release, people would be scratching their heads.

This might be the most offensive post that you have ever made... ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

This might be the most offensive post that you have ever made...

Shorty doesn't like anyone not named "Greg Norman"

Joe Paradiso

Shorty doesn't like anyone not named "Greg Norman"

Ha ;-

FTW record, what I don't like is reverence for crap golf clubs with a classic name.

Greg Norman was probably the most naturally gifted, powerful and exciting player in the (almost) post Nicklaus age.

As a human being, he's a dick.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Ha ;-

FTW record, what I don't like is reverence for crap golf clubs with a classic name.

Greg Norman was probably the most naturally gifted, powerful and exciting player in the (almost) post Nicklaus age.

As a human being, he's a dick.

I was just giving a hard time Shorty :beer: .  Have  you actually tried out the clubs or just don't like how they look.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!