IGNORED

Masters ticket lottery

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We have completed the random selection process for 2015 Daily Tournament tickets and regret to inform you that your application was not selected for tickets.

You will automatically be included in the Practice Rounds ticket random selection in mid-July.  All applicants will be notified in mid-July when the random selection process is complete.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Masters.

Sincerely,

Credentials Committee

Masters Tournament

GRRRRRRRR.... :mad:

Maybe 2016.

Anyone make the cut?

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

We have completed the random selection process for 2015 Daily Tournament tickets and regret to inform you that your application was not selected for tickets.

You will automatically be included in the Practice Rounds ticket random selection in mid-July.  All applicants will be notified in mid-July when the random selection process is complete.

Sincerely,

Credentials Committee

Masters Tournament

GRRRRRRRR....

Maybe 2016.

Anyone make the cut?

I haven't received an email saying if I have or haven't yet...good thing or bad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Quote:

Sincerely,

Credentials Committee

Masters Tournament

GRRRRRRRR....

Maybe 2016.

Anyone make the cut?

I haven't received an email saying if I have or haven't yet...good thing or bad?

Could be good. Good luck to you.

I think I'll still go if I get a practice round ticket.

Constantine

• Administrator

Ditto here, but I'm not counting on anything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My rejection just came through...hopefully the practice round entry will hit.

Just got my rejection. 8 years in a row.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Does anyone know what pctg of tix are lotteried? It's not all, correct? Seems they'd have some pctg available for members' guests, some for other bigwigs, maybe some for locals, etc. Just curious.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Quote:

:~(

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

The Masters makes it clear that only a select few tournament day tickets  are available through the lottery. I'm guessing it's a 1 in 1000+ odds or worse. If you enter the lottery it should primarily be for the intention of getting a practice round ticket, because those are a bit more realistic.

As I've said before, I wish the tournament would find a way so that only the lottery winners and (and their guests) could use the tickets. Cut down on the scalpers and those who enter just for the hell of it, and those of us who would actually go any day of the week would have much better chances of winning. You already go through strict security as you enter the grounds, just have individual names on the tickets and check IDs as people enter. It wouldn't be a perfect system but it would help a lot.

Still waiting for my rejection....or acceptance.

Now my mind is going wild with possibilities as a check the email every 5 minutes!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Still waiting for my rejection....or acceptance.

Now my mind is going wild with possibilities as a check the email every 5 minutes!

check your spam in box too.

check your spam in box too.

trust me, i'm checking everything.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

They really need to find a way to prevent scalping because I'm guessing a large % of the people who enter the lottery are doing it for that reason. They have your name/information when you enter the lottery- why not sync up the ticket to your name and make each person show ID as they enter the grounds to show it's their ticket?? Yes it's not a perfect solution and some people would find ways around it, but it would cut down on a lot of the scalping.

I don't like it.  If they are fairly your tickets (you got them under the same rules as anyone else), you should have the right to do whatever you want with them.  go, give them away, sell them, burn them, fold them into paper boats, whatever....

Bill - 

I don't like it.  If they are fairly your tickets (you got them under the same rules as anyone else), you should have the right to do whatever you want with them.  go, give them away, sell them, burn them, fold them into paper boats, whatever....

I agree with this. Sorry, but if I can't make it and somebody is offering me $4,000+ for both of my Sunday tickets (they've gone for several thousand each in the past)... I'm most likely going to sell them without hesitation.

I agree with this. Sorry, but if I can't make it and somebody is offering me $4,000+ for both of my Sunday tickets (they've gone for several thousand each in the past)... I'm most likely going to sell them without hesitation.

Exactly, and so is 99% of the country-that's why the lottery odds are so bad.  Don't promote a system where scalpers in their mother's basements are profiteering on an event they never plan to attend by putting in for the lottery just to turn around and sell the tickets on stubhub. Promote a system where only people who want to attend the event put in for tickets- I don't really understand why that is an objectionable viewpoint (at least among fellow golf fans).

• Upvote 1

I still haven't gotten my email, but I logged into my account.

Quote:
Your application was not selected for 2015 Masters Daily Tournament tickets.

:cry:

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!