IGNORED

2014 Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Buffalo Summer Get-Together (August 16-17)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

See above. Three is inefficient and rude to the golf course, who cut us a deal and who will have to send two carts out with each slot. Plus 18 = six tee times; we have five. It's also antithetical to have a bunch of threesomes. You meet and play with fewer 33% fewer people. :D

SLAM!!!

I can't argue with that, and wont try :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Geez, do you always think about everything and everybody?

I appreciate that y'all want Mike and I to play, and there's still a good chance, but… we have to do what makes sense too. :-)

The current list is:

People attending (copy this post - don't quote, just select and copy - and add your name if you're attending):

1. @iacas 0.0
  2. @iacas guest ( @mvmac ) 0.0
  3. @vasaribm 15.6
  4. @saevel25 6.6
  5. @cipher 4.7
  6. @Jeremie Boop 24.2
  7. @CarlSpackler 14.8
  8. @billchao 19.7
  9. @georgep 8.4
  10. @jamo 1.2
  11. @cedrictheo 4.2
  12. @Divot Master 13.6
  13. @Lihu 15.1
  14. @Rob Thompson 0.3
  15. @GolfLug 14.0
  16. @BradSomrak 9.1
  17. @rwolfe 13.3
  18. Tentatively Jason
  19. _________
  20. _________

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If we get 18 people, just go with 6 threesomes. Unless Erik has two locals who are playing, so making it 20. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103756/] [/URL] Blue tees are 6475 yards, not too bad. This course it tough because it's kinda tight off the tee, and there are some hazard areas. Its also up and down, bit hilly. so some approach shots play further.  Its a great course though, lots of character.

Length isn't so much an issue for me, but at 141 slope, will definitely be one of the hardest courses I've ever played.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Its a great course though, lots of character.

Except now the cat's out of the bag about how to play 16.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Except now the cat's out of the bag about how to play 16.

Nah. That assumed you hit clubs certain distances and had certain Shot Zones. ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Length isn't so much an issue for me, but at 141 slope, will definitely be one of the hardest courses I've ever played.

It'll still be fun. I brought 3 sleeves, plus the two we're getting. Should be good. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It'll still be fun. I brought 3 sleeves, plus the two we're getting. Should be good. :-)

I have two dozen balls. Hopefully I won't need them all :-D

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
C'mon guys. It's not that hard. :-)

C'mon guys. It's not that hard.

That's why I am taking 4 iron off every tee!!

My theory is, if I can hit the green 1 out of 5 times from 200 yards, then I am saving strokes over stroke and distance penalties on my driver! :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

C'mon guys. It's not that hard. :-)

Easy for you to say, I suck and I haven't played golf in a month :-P

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Easy for you to say, I suck and I haven't played golf in a month

Go play. This is your major! :)

Go play. This is your major! :)

Yea I'm aware a large part of the reason I'm not better is because I don't play enough. Good thing I'll be able to prepare on Saturday. I better re-read the tournament prep chapter.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Yea I'm aware a large part of the reason I'm not better is because I don't play enough. Good thing I'll be able to prepare on Saturday. I better re-read the tournament prep chapter.

I am pretty sure you're kidding at least a little, but… you cannot "prepare" in one day. :) Just in case anyone else thinks that applies.

P.S. Tournament Prep chapter won't help you. You're not near the course. :)

It didn't seem like an unreasonably difficult course when I played it. Some tough greens, some trouble to be had, but overall...didn't seem crazy difficult. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys....weather forecast looks AMAZING right now. 74 and sunshine.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

weather forecast looks AMAZING right now. 74 and sunshine.

Jerk.

:-)

I am pretty sure you're kidding at least a little, but… you cannot "prepare" in one day. :) Just in case anyone else thinks that applies.

A bit, but the Saturday stuff is still going to help. Just being able to see the course before the actual round is more than I get at any other new course I play at. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/74714/2014-erie-cleveland-pittsburgh-buffalo-summer-get-together-august-16-17/270#post_1037700"] P.S. Tournament Prep chapter won't help you. You're not near the course. :) [/quote]Yea I just read it again, doesn't help me much.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Par fours where I hit driver from the blue tees:

1 yes

4 no

5 no

8 no

9 maybe

10 yes

13 no

16 usually

17 maybe

18 maybe

Anyway, that's the point of the Saturday round - so y'all can see the golf course.

Since you cite your example, and if it is not like asking a lady their age, would you mind telling us your carry distance and ball flight? I think your maybes might be definite yesses for me and some other who carry 235ish.

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 3527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!