IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did you guys drive the green on the 319 yard par 4 hole 3? I see the tee shots then a chip onto the green by Carl (aka Nate?).

Nice video. I guess it might be good for all of us to do VLogs on our outings? We probably should think of a seamless way of doing it?

Nope, no driven greens that day. Matt tried though :beer:

About 1/2 way through the back 9 I pretty much gave up on the whole thing I was doing so badly. I always enjoy getting together with people to play but sometimes even that isn't enough to keep my mood up. Matt shot pretty dang good that day if I remember right. I know he was 39 on the front. William/Mcanadian had what 2 birds?

Yeah, it will probably be a bit difficult to do vlogs of full groups of players, but it's cool to see anyway.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Boy just wait till the networks get a hold of this stuff. I think the PGA Tour's days are numbered.

"America's Funniest Home Golf Videos" AKA "Reality Golf TV"? :-$

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Did you guys drive the green on the 319 yard par 4 hole 3? I see the tee shots then a chip onto the green by Carl (aka Nate?).

Nice video. I guess it might be good for all of us to do VLogs on our outings? We probably should think of a seamless way of doing it?

It was hard doing a group with people going this way and that. I tried to catch as many shots as I could.

I recorded one of my round tonight until the battery ran out after 11. Curious to see how it turns out.

- Shane

Not really a golf hole you can drive. Tee shot is blocked by trees. If you can curve it 90 degrees, you have to clear a lake guarding the left side of the green. No this hole is a clear test if you can hit the ball past the corner with out going to far as to get stuck behind that tree on the left side of the fairway.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Not really a golf hole you can drive. Tee shot is blocked by trees. If you can curve it 90 degrees, you have to clear a lake guarding the left side of the green. No this hole is a clear test if you can hit the ball past the corner with out going to far as to get stuck behind that tree on the left side of the fairway.

That sucker was one of my two birdies. Hit the tee shot into the rough by that bunker. Then a 7-iron to the green. Got butt lucky when it skipped up onto the green and settled two feet from the hole.

VLog uploading...

It might be done by Friday. It was a blast to make. Prepare for the ugliness that is about to unfold!

Train-wrecks are always fun to watch

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Here you go. 11 holes at my home course. I'm playing from the Onyx tees 71.6/124 at 6519 yards. Maybe someday, I'll play from the Ruby tees which are 7007. The Ohio Women's Amateur was played here last week. The course is in excellent shape.

After watching the video, I have some work to do on my putting and short game. :yucky:

The wheels fell off after the camera battery died. Apparently I play better in front of a gallery. :-)

• Upvote 3

- Shane

• Administrator

Your chunked 3W at about 4:35 demonstrates some of the things in Lowest Score Wins - even a failed attempt at not "laying up" can yield the same results as laying up, with the upside that if you don't fail, you're better off.

You failed, but had a similar shot to a well-struck layup (not to mention a poorly struck layup!).

BTW, very enjoyable to watch. Thank you.

Who's next? :-)

C'mon @David in FL , @boogielicious , @Lihu , and @Golfingdad . Let's see them!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Your chunked 3W at about 4:35 demonstrates some of the things in Lowest Score Wins - even a failed attempt at not "laying up" can yield the same results as laying up, with the upside that if you don't fail, you're better off.

You failed, but had a similar shot to a well-struck layup (not to mention a poorly struck layup!).

Who's next?

C'mon @David in FL, @boogielicious, @Lihu, and @Golfingdad. Let's see them!

I agree....

I will try to get up another the next time I get out and the course is not to busy.  This time I will do my regulation home course.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Who's next?

Yes. I didn't have enough to get on the green even with a 3w unless I hit a career shot, but I want to get as close as possible, definitely past that stupid tree. Since there is no hazard crossing the fairway like hole #1, that's the best play from the fairway.

It was really fun to make I have to say. I might try some narration on course next time. I love the course and hope to get @saevel25 out here sometime.

- Shane

Who's next?

Hey, give me a week or so to adjust into the morning golf thing, this was my first morning out by myself (with a few strangers) in a long time. B-)

Plus, seeing lead tape fly off my driver on the 12th hole is just too much excitement for some people on this site. :loco:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

@CarlSpackler . Meant to ask you about Gem City on Saturday. I had always thought it was private, but now I see tee times on Golfnow.

It is a private club. I hadn't noticed them having tee times on GNow, but see that they do now. Perhaps they are trying to spur interest in memberships.

- Shane

Who's next?

Hell, I just figured out how to video a single swing and post it!   I'm not sure that I have the technical skills to video and edit 9 whole holes......! :-O

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Who's next?

Hell, I just figured out how to video a single swing and post it!   I'm not sure that I have the technical skills to video and edit 9 whole holes......!

I didn't think I could either.  It is actually not to bad.  Just takes a little time.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I'm still trying to get around to buying a camera and stand that I can use to do recording. Trying to use my phone would probably be horrible since there's no quick way to set it up.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 1053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!