IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

• Administrator

Neither, thank you. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weekend comfort food.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
Weekend comfort food.

What is it? And can you make it pretty easily? I like some Asian style noodles.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I made beef stew yesterday. I'd post a picture, but it looks like vomit, as all beef stew does. Tasted great though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tomorrow, for my father's 75th, he gets to have some ribs, pulled pork and if he wants, some Beer can chicken I am making for the ladies coming for his suprise birthday. I need some quick and dirty help. My wife is at the State Gourd show, and took 3 blues so I am sol on her doing what she wanted to to because of the best of show entry. Its about him and not the food so what sides might be good? Roasted squashes and a cold salad are already done deals. Thoughts?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Tomorrow, for my father's 75th, he gets to have some ribs, pulled pork and if he wants, some Beer can chicken I am making for the ladies coming for his suprise birthday. I need some quick and dirty help. My wife is at the State Gourd show, and took 3 blues so I am sol on her doing what she wanted to to because of the best of show entry. Its about him and not the food so what sides might be good? Roasted squashes and a cold salad are already done deals. Thoughts?

BBQ requires baked beans. No argument allowed.....!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

BBQ requires baked beans. No argument allowed.....!

Finally a message we can all get behind. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[quote name="David in FL" url="/t/74957/food-thread/150_30#post_1066689"] BBQ requires baked beans. No argument allowed.....!

Finally a message we can all get behind. ;-)[/quote]I could track that but he is a diabetic recovering from a stroke so starches stop at the plant, tho rice is no good. This is a diabetic friendly Q so its blowing my paradigm.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Yeah I know..on the other hand, a 30% fat requirement is refreshing. 10-20 on proteins. It turns out you cant absorb vitamins properly unless you eat enough fat. His doc looked me in the face and said 30 fat. It kinda set me sideways. So back to these healthier sides...

Tom R.

Breakfast this morning: Poached eggs over Hawaiian salt pork hash. The pork and potatoes are leftovers from the week. Homemade hollandaise.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I made beef stew yesterday. I'd post a picture, but it looks like vomit, as all beef stew does. Tasted great though.

It's a Cantonese dish. Mei fun, a kind of skinny noodle, with bits of scallops, shrimp, squid and assorted vegetables. Kind of tastes like Singapore noodles in your typical take out but a little different.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

It's a Cantonese dish. Mei fun, a kind of skinny noodle, with bits of scallops, shrimp, squid and assorted vegetables. Kind of tastes like Singapore noodles in your typical take out but a little different.

I get the singapore noodles (IIRC) from the Asian place three doors down from Golf Evolution. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

I get the singapore noodles (IIRC) from the Asian place three doors down from Golf Evolution. :)

They're very similar. I love both. I've never made either though. It's a lot of chopping and lots of ingredients.  The hardest ingredient to get is probably the noodles, although the international food section at most supermarkets is much better these days. And if you look up the recipe, so many variations.

Steve

• Administrator
They're very similar. I love both. I've never made either though. It's a lot of chopping and lots of ingredients.  The hardest ingredient to get is probably the noodles, although the international food section at most supermarkets is much better these days. And if you look up the recipe, so many variations.

No kidding. I've looked up some recipes.

I think I'll just continue to get them from Mung.

I could track that but he is a diabetic recovering from a stroke so starches stop at the plant, tho rice is no good. This is a diabetic friendly Q so its blowing my paradigm.

I might be too late, but Atomic Buffalo Turds might be a good option (or for next year if I'm too late). More of an appetizer but I'd eat the hell out of them if I were on a restricted diet.

• Upvote 1
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Bday cook is over. Spare ribs with dreamland rub, baby backs with Soul Seasoning, beer can chickens, regular sides like beans,coleslaw, potato salad and pasta salad for the crew. He had grilled veggie chunks of red onion, zuchini, red, yellow, orange peppers and was perfectly happy. He fell of the wagon to eat a persimmon cookie on lady brought him.
  • Upvote 1

Tom R.

Who here boils ribs before grilling them low and slow?

Tom R.