IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

41 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Hey, not sure if you're anywhere near these guys in Colorado (just east of Denver I believe), but it's my sister-in-law (and her husband). 

http://www.edgefoodscolorado.com/

They got inspired to start their own business, and it sounds like what you describe above where they change up the menu style constantly.  He was a corporate chef his whole life, and decided he wanted to follow his passion of doing interesting foods, mixing it up constantly and trying different inspirations. They're fairly new

At a family gathering once, he just made do with whatever was in the house we were staying at and picked up some things to tie it together at the store. At dinner time, we had an amazing feast that he cobbled together like it was a challenge on the Food Network. Very impressive.

That's the type of place I would frequent often if closer and would be worth the trip here and there because they have nice menu. I eat out nearly every day with my schedule thankfully we have a couple decent places in our less than populated area. I like to sit down to some good food and spend just a tad more than fast food money your SIL's place looks perfect for that.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good grief so good. Smoked prime rib over kale, zucchini and smashed fingerling potatoes with cheese. I used it sparingly but he served it with bacon garlic aioli. Not sure what the sauce was but I was impressed. 

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Good grief so good. Smoked prime rib over kale, zucchini and smashed fingerling potatoes with cheese. I used it sparingly but he served it with bacon garlic aioli. Not sure what the sauce was but I was impressed. 

It's like a vinaigrette but add an egg to emulsify the sauce. It's fancy, on the thinner side, mayo :-D

in some regions of the Mediterranean it's just garlic and oil, which is the direct translation of Aioli. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

34 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It's like a vinaigrette but add an egg to emulsify the sauce. It's fancy, on the thinner side, mayo :-D

in some regions of the Mediterranean it's just garlic and oil, which is the direct translation of Aioli. 

Yes should have been specific. The aioli was on the side not sure about the finishing on top of the roast. It was thinner than aioli kind of a caper herb sauce. He really hits hard with flavor. But never in conflict. We used the aioli on the potatoes. 

I hate this guy he is really progressive but nailing it. I am a fan for sure. Tomorrow is 1/2 price drafts and bbq I will take a pic of the building. Nothing suggests that he is slinging that in there. 

The famous Ramen burger. It tastes a lot better than it looks. I love them. Very very tasty. Not everyone's cup of tea though and on the flip side, some travel far and stand in long queues, ahem, lines, for them. $10 a pop, not cheap. Japanese noodles in a sandwich, not a good idea. Yuck. Japanese noodles as sandwich bread, it works.

Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 3.14.01 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

44 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The famous Ramen burger. It tastes a lot better than it looks. I love them. Very very tasty. Not everyone's cup of tea though and on the flip side, some travel far and stand in long queues, ahem, lines, for them. $10 a pop, not cheap. Japanese noodles in a sandwich, not a good idea. Yuck. Japanese noodles as sandwich bread, it works.

10 bucks for that sandwich is overkill :) You could make that sandwich at home for $1.25 ;-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

10 bucks for that sandwich is overkill :) You could make that sandwich at home for $1.25 ;-)

Very true. I have tried though, it's just not the same. The ramen is the trickiest part. The real thing is really good. To me, it's more like $7.50 good, w/o the major trek and lining up. :-D

IMG_5880.jpgIMG_5879.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Look at that big bowl of cheese!

IMG_5896.jpg

Steve

23 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Look at that big bowl of cheese!

IMG_5896.jpg

Is he preparing the half or the full? If that's a half, wow!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Made bacon and egg fried rice, Taiwanese style.

20160523_174731.jpg

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, billchao said:

20160523_174731.jpg

Looks like my Grandmother made it!

Nice!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

16 hours ago, billchao said:

20160523_174731.jpg

Recipe???:-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@billchao's fried rice made me hungry for comfort food thus went for chaat:

image.jpeg

Steve

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Recipe???:-)

I basically modified this recipe.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I basically modified this recipe.

Thanks!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Cookie lover's delight.

IMG_5870.jpg

Steve

On May 23, 2016 at 8:00 PM, billchao said:

20160523_174731.jpg

My mom would make that. Get the bacon in a big skillet. Leave the grease in and add chopped green onion and carrots and then after scrambled eggs. Pull that out and add rice and then combine it all with crumbled bacon. Very tasty. Looks awesome.