IGNORED

Anyone else been playing forever without a hole in one?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been golfing for 30 years and most of them I've been between a 3-6 handicap. My dad is a 20 handicap and he has 4 aces (all in the last 10 years). I taught my mom how to golf and she has an ace. My aunt has 2. My friend that has played about 10x in his life skulled one into the cup one round. I even recently saw on the news a blind guy got one. I've had leaners, hit the pin, and just about every near miss you can imagine! I think this has to be the year!

Todd

Yep. Never had one. I hit the front of the hole and the pin 2 weeks ago and settled for a 2 foot birdie. Guy I was playing with holed out on a 190 yard par 3 earlier in that same round.

I do have a double eagle, but a hole in one sure would be nice.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I remember correctly, Harry Cooper only had one ace in his entire career. Not the same as lacking one [i]entirely[/i], but very different than you might expect. Dean Wilson had been a professional for a few years before making his first ace at the Palmer a few years back.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I've been golfing for 30 years and most of them I've been between a 3-6 handicap. My dad is a 20 handicap and he has 4 aces (all in the last 10 years). I taught my mom how to golf and she has an ace. My aunt has 2. My friend that has played about 10x in his life skulled one into the cup one round. I even recently saw on the news a blind guy got one. I've had leaners, hit the pin, and just about every near miss you can imagine! I think this has to be the year!

Todd

In the past 5 years, I've twice been a group where a hole-in-one was scored.  I've also seen 3 others made including one by a total noob.  Seeing them has made me think they're getting closer to me and maybe one is in my future.

Not yet.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Todd

None here. I was awfully close in February, when a hit a 9-iron that spun 3 feet back from the pitch mark and was tracking towards the pin. Unfortunately, it stopped 6 inches short of the cup. A tap in birdie had never felt so unsatisfying.

Interestingly, I was playing with a member of our men's club this weekend, who mentioned that he and his dad were vying back and forth for most holes in one. He was currently leading with 9 vs. 8 for his old man. Sure, he was a really good golfer, but all I could think was "spread the love out a little bit, golf gods!"

I've been playing 13 years and never had one. I've hit the stick around 4 times, had 3 lip outs, and another one that landed INSIDE the hole and bounced out. Just poor luck I guess, but I've been in the same group as a hole in one twice during tournaments. The funny part is, I've holed out from the fairway for eagle twice, but never off the tee on a par 3.

Never had one but have been close. I know a few people who have had aces but the reality is a hole in one is very rare and of course more so for a higher handicap player.

I've hit the lip of the cup on the inside of the hole and had it bounce out, I've landed close to the hole more times than I can count. I really don't care too much that I haven't had one though, because as you've noticed, there's a pretty decent amount of luck involved.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Last year on my first round of the year I was messing around and playing a few balls at a time. I came to a par 3 160 yards and duck hooked an 8 iron. I dropped another one down and sunk it from 160. I almost cried because it didn't count, and I know that was it for me. I'm pretty sure I'll never get one.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

I play a lot of practice rounds before and after work. I've been so close a few times from acing a hole by myself. I've been screaming "Don't go in!" . I would hate to get a hole in one without a witness!

Im starting to get frustrated too because I should have had one by now...regardless of whether I started playing golf seriously last year or not! :-P

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

A hole in one without a witness would be less satisfying, true, but it's still a hole in one. As an added bonus, it would also save you a hundred bucks or so since there is no need to buy a round for everyone when you get back to the clubhouse.

40 years and counting. My first year i flew one in the hole and it popped out. Many tapins but still trying to grab the brass ring.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Playing 45 years. Until 2 years ago I'd never even seen one. Then a buddy of mine who had been playing about a year, carrying a 31 hcp, had 2 within about 10 months of each other. I'm still waiting. You can't make that crap up.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Up until a couple of years ago, I too had never seen a hole in one. Then in back to back weeks in league my partner's opponent hit one (ugly scull shot) and the next week I stuck a shot a couple of feet from the pin and my opponent one hopped one in the hole. He gave me my putt. :) The first hole in one was by a 30 HCP guy who sculled his tee shot just barely over a pond, rolled up onto the green where the base of the pin was hidden. We all looked around the green until someone decided to look in the hole. There it was.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Close but not cigar for me. I've dunked a few from the fairway which is more difficult that an ace IMO, but never dunked one from the tee.

- Shane

Last year on my first round of the year I was messing around and playing a few balls at a time. I came to a par 3 160 yards and duck hooked an 8 iron. I dropped another one down and sunk it from 160. I almost cried because it didn't count, and I know that was it for me. I'm pretty sure I'll never get one.

I had a similar occurrence.  I hit one in the sand on a 130 yard Par 3 and said "F it" and hit a 2nd one from the tee.  Bounced twice and rolled in.  I call it my Freddy Couples hole in one.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!