IGNORED

Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart?

ajst22
Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart?

• Carry my bag
    • Use a push cart

I carried until a year or two ago, when I got a push-cart. Today, I use the cart all the time. It means I got more energy through the entire round, and I can play more golf the next day.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I was younger I carried.  Now that I am a young 67 I enjoy my clicker 3.5 cart. I load my bag up with food,drink and extra clothes for bad weather.  My home coarse is very hilly and the cart works well over all the different types of terrain.  One of my favorite features of the cart is using my umbrella for some shade on hot days.  As others have said walking the course gives me time to relax between shots.

WWR :beer:

:mizuno: JPX EZ 4-GW Fujikura Orochi shafts 65g

:ping: G-20 Driver

:clicgear: 3.5 cart

Me against Old Man Par.

I've always carried until I hit 50.  Then, I carried when playing 9, took a cart for 18 holes.

Starting having knee pain a couple of years ago.  Arthritis, Miniscus (SP?) wearing out, all sorts of stuff.  Doctor told me to get a push/pull cart to help the knee.  Said carrying the extra weight puts more wear on the knee.

Sucks getting old.

I bought a CaddyTek CaddyCruiser V3 (4 wheeled push cart) a month or two ago and I really like it.  I had a pull cart before, but this push cart is much more convenient.  It is also probably easier on my back.

I like to walk and was a carrier for a while, but got a Clicgear this summer, what a difference, it's so easy to push along, one finger, I think my favorite bell is that little basket, no more crap in my pocket, just grab and go, my partner thinks it's ridiculous, he prefers the old school two-wheel pull cart, but no way am I changing.

I put my full bag on a Riksha pull cart, but I carry when I play with my half-set.

Many courses in my area have a fleet of Rikshas for their rental carts. Try one. I think you'll really like it. The large wheels make it very easy to pull. The only drawback is that it tips over easily when parked on a hill.

I usually carry my bag because, surprisingly enough, they acually ban pushcarts in a lot of junior tournaments for boys. Even if they didn't, [U]I've seen people outright laughed at for using one. [/U]That said, whenever I'm just practicing and walking I'll use a pushcart if it happens to be convenient.

I literally cannot imagine someone doing that.

Colin P.

I have a push cart, but I have recently developed a love for carrying my bag this year. I actually took my cart out of my trunk on Sunday, I just seem to enjoy carrying a bit more.

I still can never understand how anyone would think using a push cart is ridiculous.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Both.

I carry on 9 for sure, sometimes on 18 and like the push cart because I can carry beverages with ice packed around them.

Lately, we've been using carts on 18 rather than walking, this way we can play even faster if there is no one ahead of us.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I have a push cart, but I have recently developed a love for carrying my bag this year. I actually took my cart out of my trunk on Sunday, I just seem to enjoy carrying a bit more.

I still can never understand how anyone would think using a push cart is ridiculous.

Wasn't some college player getting crap for using a pull cart or something?

I walk and carry my clubs, unless I'm out with my kids.  I figure could use the extra bit of exercise that comes from carrying my clubs.  At some point as I get past middle aged, I'll probably get a pull cart, though.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

When I was younger I carried.  Now that I am a young 67 I enjoy my clicker 3.5 cart. I load my bag up with food,drink and extra clothes for bad weather.  My home coarse is very hilly and the cart works well over all the different types of terrain.  One of my favorite features of the cart is using my umbrella for some shade on hot days.  As others have said walking the course gives me time to relax between shots.

WWR

Same for me, I carried from the time I started golfing until my mid 40's, but the strain on my back and knees was too much.  I bought a clicgear about 7+ years ago and prefer the push cart to carrying.  Hopefully in 4 or 5 years I can get my grandsons to push the cart and I'll really have it made!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I have carried for every single round i have played in the last five years. I used a pull trolley for a bit as a junior but only because i my bag didn't have a stand (it was a mini sized junior bag). Since having a carry bag (age 13 maybe) i have always carried. Never had a problem with and suspect i shall continue to carry for the foreseeable future.

However i can definitely see the advantages of push carts for playing >18 per day. Not having the weight on your back must make it easier to play for longer.

Henry

Only carried for years.  Wife got me a Clicgear 3.0, either one or two summers ago, and I'm a total convert.  Just feels more relaxed without carrying, but still get to walk around the course and don't have to park the cart and carry 4 clubs to weird lies or whatever.  I'm in solid shape, so the legs never bothered me much carrying.  But my shoulders would sometimes get tired/stiff by the end of the round carrying the bag.  So I like that about the push cart, especially in the summer.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

You guys make me feel like a whimp for taking a cart every time. And I mostly play 9 holes.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

You guys make me feel like a whimp for taking a cart every time. And I mostly play 9 holes.

Why, whatever gets you out to play, works, no matter if your ride or carry or whatever..

Why, whatever gets you out to play, works, no matter if your ride or carry or whatever..

Certainly true. I was mostly just joking on myself, but I do need to walk sometimes for the exercise.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Certainly true. I was mostly just joking on myself, but I do need to walk sometimes for the exercise.

yes you do.  not really, but in my mind i look down scornfully on any otherwise able bodied dude that rides 9 holes.  there are a few almost perfectly flat courses in my area and i see flat bellied college guys riding carts and im like WTF??  walk, dude!  its flat!  no hills!!!

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!