IGNORED

Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart?

ajst22
Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart?

• Carry my bag
    • Use a push cart

I walk almost every time I play golf (unless I'm in a league or tournament) and I have no real problem with it. I like to walk. I always carry my bag as well. However, I see a LOT of people who have push carts and I was wondering if it's worth getting one. The only push cart I've used before was a crappy one from the 90s that I didn't like very much, but I don't think that I should make up my mind off of that.

So, walkers, do you carry your bag or use a push cart? Those who have done both, which do you prefer? Do you really find it easier pushing a cart over carrying your bag?

I was looking online for some models in the case that I were to get one and the Rovic RV3F (made by Clicgear) really stood out to me. Those who do have carts, any recommendations?

I have always been a walker. Two years ago, I bought a push cart. I used it for a couple of months of that golf season, but went back to carrying. My reasoning for getting a push cart was to conserve my energy. I found, though, that I didn't feel any more or less fatigued whether I carried or pushed. Plus, i didn't like how I had to push a cart around a green. It is so much more efficient to just carry your clubs and walk through the greens, when needed. The one plus of a push cart that I really liked was while golfing in rain. Simply put your umbrella in the umbrella holder and both you and the clubs are protected - hands free... I figure if fatigue ever becomes an issue when I get older, I'll get my push cart back out. For now, though, it's collecting dust in the garage.

I do both on occasion when walking 9 or playing a twilight round.....If I'm playing 18 though I prefer a golf cart.

Anyways, I just recently found a Clicgear 3.0 cart on Craigslist and swooped it up for 75 dollars. I like it so far....definitely a pretty large piece of equipment when it is fully expanded.

Truth be told I don't really notice much of a difference as far as saving energy.....however, the cool thing about the clicgear carts is that you can buy accessories for them.

So if you are interested in having some beverages while playing they have a cooler attachment....

I don't think they are worth the price if you are paying big bucks though.

I have always been a walker. Two years ago, I bought a push cart. I used it for a couple of months of that golf season, but went back to carrying. My reasoning for getting a push cart was to conserve my energy. I found, though, that I didn't feel any more or less fatigued whether I carried or pushed. Plus, i didn't like how I had to push a cart around a green. It is so much more efficient to just carry your clubs and walk through the greens, when needed. The one plus of a push cart that I really liked was while golfing in rain. Simply put your umbrella in the umbrella holder and both you and the clubs are protected - hands free... I figure if fatigue ever becomes an issue when I get older, I'll get my push cart back out. For now, though, it's collecting dust in the garage.

BTW - if you do decide to get a push cart, you may want to look into TourTrek and compare to others. That's what I bought and found that my cart (which included a golf bag for free), was just as nice and cheaper than the big brands. I also found that folding it was a synch (compared to other models) and the plastic tires were no maintenance. My father had a model with rubber tires filled with air. He's had to get them repaired twice.

I've logged 1,000s of miles walking over the years, and a push/pull cart is the way to go.  Hands down.... I could go on and on with personal reasons, but will spare you the details.

For he traditionalists that like to carry, more power to them.   It's not for me...  If the deciding factor is the cost of a push cart, I might suggest you are participating in the wrong hobby.    Maybe consider taking up parkour or something.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I carried my bag for years and have used a push cart for the past year and a half. From my perspective, the cart is way easier. I have a large frame that makes it difficult to get a bag on and off my shoulders, and I enjoy not having to deal with that. Plus, on slight downgrades, I like to push the cart ahead of me and let it run.

I have the Callaway Diablo cart, which I don't think is too expensive (I got it for Christmas). I'll never go back to carrying.

John

I like to carry my bag but will eventually transition over to a pull cart as I get older...... Won't ride unless I have too.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Trollies, not push carts, in my town.  And if want to use one, you cannot use a private trolly, must take the one provided at no charge.  You may also rent an electric powered trolly for US5.  You would be daft to lug your bag here; exceedingly hilly, hot and humid. I do prefer walking to riding.

Push carts are not permitted at my home course.  If you want to walk you either carry the bag yourself or pay for a caddie to carry your bag.

Joe Paradiso

I carry in the spring and fall but use a push cart in the summer months. It's easier to load up the bag with a couple bottles of cold drinks.

I use a pull cart. It only has two wheels, not designed to be pushed. You didn't include that in your poll :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

When I played a bunch, i.e. at least 4 times a week, and being that I have a bad back. I thought the carts, push pull, whatever ya wanna call em, would be a good idea to spare me some pain..NOT!. What I learned was to get a stand bag, and have the bag resting in the small of my back. Either pushing, or pulling, even on flat land caused my back to cramp up, and as for any type of an incline, that made it even worse.

I bought a Ping Hoofer, and the guy in the pro shop adjusted it for me. Doing this lets me play longer, w/o nearly as much pain.

Riding in a cart changes the pace of my game. I much prefer to walk. Made the switch to a Bag Boy push cart about 10 years ago. Only 2 problems I see with them. They absolutely do not pack well for travel. We travel back and forth to Cape Cod a lot during the summer. I eventually left my old pull cart there to save space in the car. Second problem with them... Push carts allow you to become a pack rat with your golf bag.  Extra balls galore are collected... Extra jackets, 3-4 pairs of gloves,,, maybe a winter hat. Heck, it is 80 degrees here today and my bag still has the tear & use hand warmers in it! Bag probably has 20 pounds of extra weight in it because I use the push cart.

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

I carry. Most don't, where I play, because it's quite a hilly course, but it's rarely very hot here and the exercise does me no harm. Push carts just seem unnecessary, a bit awkward, and slightly slower.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

For heavier loads, pushing should be one of the most effective (the least straining) mode of transporting something...  That's why e.g. logistic workers use those push carts to transport stuff from the back of the van, to the grocery store for example.

All about worker safety and workers rights in my country! Finland :-P

I use  push cart, for my bigger regular golf bag, because I carry more stuff in it.

I do have a smaller bag which is specifically a carrybag, which is nice also. It feels very light to carry on your back also, it has a good strap-system like a backpack and two folding legs so you can set it up.

Useful golf stuff...

-rain clothes,

-rain- and normal golf gloves,

-extra clothe layer, in case it's very windy and cold

-balls,

-tees,

-divot tool,

-ball marker,

-rulebook,

-pen,

-rangefinder (in the future I will buy one, for sure!)

-scorecard (it's safe and secure in the golfbag pocket!)

-knife (to cut the sports tape in case you use it)

-sports tape

-golf clubs (can't forget these!)

-club cover pieces (annoying if you forget these at the last teebox!)

I came across an older pull cart and now use that. A guy I golf with uses a three wheel push cart which looks easy to maneuver, but not as compact for him when we load/unload. I plan on this arrangement until my feet or legs inform me to ride.

PK

PK

Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!