IGNORED

2014 Open Championship (British Open) at Royal Liverpool Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like "dire" weather coming tomorrow at Royal Liverpool. Phil out early, but Tiger is going off 10 tee at the same time as Rory goes off number 1?? [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2014/07/18/dire-weather-forecast-creates-two-tee-start-saturday.html]http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2014/07/18/dire-weather-forecast-creates-two-tee-start-saturday.html[/URL]

First time the Open has ever had a two-tee start.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think these times can be correct, can they? Single in one group and fivesomes in another?!?

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-open-championship/tee-times.html

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

I don't think these times can be correct, can they? Single in one group and fivesomes in another?!? [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-open-championship/tee-times.html]http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-open-championship/tee-times.html[/URL]

Try theopen.com: http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Try theopen.com: http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

Thanks for the clarification. I thought they'd gone nuts for a second.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Scott "Best Name in the Game" Jamieson did not make the cut. :(

In my bag:

With all the wayward tee shots from Tiger it's a wonder why he never has put his 1 Wood/Driver Stinger into play, it's been said that he and Haney had developed it in practice sessions.

If there is one thing this thread shows it's that the interest in Tiger Woods is still alive and kicking nicely - most players who have dominated and then faded have been allowed to gently slip into the good night...but not Eldrick.

He will never be forgiven for not being a good husband, it seems. Even if a large section of the golfing public would want to hit a ball like him and bang skanks like him.

McIlroy is the most exciting player on the tour right now, but his clothes sense is horrid. Horrid, horrid, horrid. I would not wear a single piece of his ensemble.

The links puritans are burning effigy's of Old Tom Morris in order to conjure up bad weather tomorrow.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator
If there is one thing this thread shows it's that the interest in Tiger Woods is still alive and kicking nicely - most players who have dominated and then faded have been allowed to gently slip into the good night...but not Eldrick.

Most players? Can you name them? Cuz… Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods are not "most players."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

McIlroy is the most exciting player on the tour right now, but his clothes sense is horrid. Horrid, horrid, horrid. I would not wear a single piece of his ensemble.

The PGA Tour needs more players sponsored by Loudmouth. Hell, I'd wear their stuff for free.

-Rich

I agree with most of this ... although a bit skeptical of the last sentence.  I hope you're right though.

I'm not going to go on a rant except to say that this disappoints me.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

LOL.  I've noticed lately that his clothing ensembles have been very coordinated - like to the point of being a uniform.  Especially yesterday:

I'm on the fence about this style right now.  The green/yellow today was ... ummm ... bright, but coordination, in general, I like.

I'm not going to go on a rant except to say that this disappoints me.

You mean that I agreed with Shorty?  Or that I disagreed about Rory?

LOL.  I've noticed lately that his clothing ensembles have been very coordinated - like to the point of being a uniform.  Especially yesterday: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/102220/] LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01 [/URL] I'm on the fence about this style right now.  The green/yellow today was ... ummm ... bright, but coordination, in general, I like.

Hey man, if you can pull off blue pants, I say go for it. Me? I would have paired that shirt with some sensible khakis and my plain black Nike hat.

In my bag:

Very wet today in Liverpool, but light winds. Difficult to say how that will affect the front-runners, as the forecast is pretty consistent throughout the day. Look for low scores on Sunday, though, with a softened-up course in calm conditions. Still think McIlroy will experience a slump before this is over. Garcia is still in touch. Time he won one of these.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

With wet and soft conditions, my prediction is Rory's going to beat the course into submission ala Congressional.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Hmmm. Bunker to bunker start for Sergio. Not promising. hopefully he'll eagle the second like yesterday. Edited

Don

Perfect drive and then mess up the approach. Sounds like some of my rounds. :-p

Don

Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!