IGNORED

Don't use a tee from 160 yards and in on a par 3?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use a tee. I can't see any reason not to. I'll take any benefit that I can obtain within the rules, while minimizing the risk of a bad shot, as often as possible. I'm also able to hit a more predictable shot in terms of height and spin, for me, and that results in more comfort and confidence which helps greatly. Calm seas between the ears is a great thing to have on the course in my opinion.

I use a tee. I can't see any reason not to. I'll take any benefit that I can obtain within the rules, while minimizing the risk of a bad shot, as often as possible. I'm also able to hit a more predictable shot in terms of height and spin, for me, and that results in more comfort and confidence which helps greatly. Calm seas between the ears is a great thing to have on the course in my opinion.

I just bought myself 3 1/2 inch driver tees...

Gotta use the good tees for driver, within rules allowance of course... ;-)

Hmm maybe I'll try using short tees for irons then. I'm not sure I'll benefit so much with the irons in distance, but if you claim it improves accuracy / less grievous errors.... maybe it works, I dunno?

I just bought myself 3 1/2 inch driver tees...

Gotta use the good tees for driver, within rules allowance of course...

Hmm maybe I'll try using short tees for irons then. I'm not sure I'll benefit so much with the irons in distance, but if you claim it improves accuracy / less grievous errors.... maybe it works, I dunno?

More often than not I need to because the box is just about as hacked up as the driving range.

@late347 I think it depends on what makes you comfortable. For me, personally, it allows me to have a consistent "lie" on the tee. I control the height and I'm much more comfortable knowing that I have some additional room for error. I struggle with fat shots on a par 3 when I use no tee. The tee allows me to typically eliminate the fat shot. My mishit using a tee is a ball that is slightly farther up the face resulting in a higher ball flight and usually a little bit of lost yardage. It just puts me at ease and like most golfers, I play a hell of a lot better when I'm at ease and not approaching my shot, mid swing, with "oh crap.." feelings. That's just me and my own personal par 3 demons though.

To what @Dave2512 he tees I play off of are pretty beat up on occasion. Using a tee, I don't have to search for the perfect nest of grass/lie for my ball. If the only patch of grass is right next to a tee marker, that will immediately get me thinking way too much.

I always tee it up on the 3s. It has to be a broken tee that I find on the box though. I just can't use a whole tee, go figure.;-)
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always tee it up on the 3s. It has to be a broken tee that I find on the box though. I just can't use a whole tee, go figure.;-)

I look for a broken tee for all of my clubs except my driver. Yea, I'm one of those guys :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I look for a broken tee for all of my clubs except my driver. Yea, I'm one of those guys :-P

Ditto, guess I am too.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

The tees I buy come with 3/4" tees in the pack with the longer ones. At the start of the round I toss one of each in my pocket. Only use plastic tees, not crazy about painted wood and the plastic tees last a while.

Dave :-)

I always tee it up on the 3s. It has to be a broken tee that I find on the box though. I just can't use a whole tee, go figure.

I look for a broken tee for all of my clubs except my driver. Yea, I'm one of those guys

Ditto, guess I am too.

Add me to this group.  It is the closest I come to superstition on the course.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

The tees I buy come with 3/4" tees in the pack with the longer ones. At the start of the round I toss one of each in my pocket. Only use plastic tees, not crazy about painted wood and the plastic tees last a while.

The ones I have are very similar to what you're describing, so they may be the same tees. I use the epoch tees, which I have found to be much better than all the rest of the plastic tees I've tried. Most of them bend really easily and never come back to straight, or have the three tiny prongs and barely hold a golf ball. These tees hold a ball just as well (if not better since it's a tiny bit wider at the top than some wooden tees) as any wooden tee and I still am using a package of them that I purchased over a year ago (they last if you can find them if your tee shot sends them flying).

These tees are manufactured by Evolve Golf, and sold at most golf retailers if you're interested. I personally love them.

I read long ago to tee it up for irons on par 3's about 1/4 inch. Give yourself the best chance at a clean descending blow. If I happen to pick it, no problem. Especially for long irons which have a shallower AoA. I tee it up a little higher for my woods (low/med profile).

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!