IGNORED

I finally tried putting butter in my coffee

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My uncle would put butter on donuts.  He was wicked fat and kind of an a-hole. Steve ( @nevets88 ), You find the best, oddest, coolest stuff to post in this forum.  :dance:

Yeah, my father in law puts butter on his cinnamon buns....

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I put butter on a pop tart once. It was everything I hoped it would be. :-D

I was inspired to do it after listening to this song:

Constantine

You know, back to the original question, for those who question butter in coffee, consider this.  Many people put real cream in coffee.  Butter is made from real cream.

You know, back to the original question, for those who question butter in coffee, consider this.  Many people put real cream in coffee.  Butter is made from real cream.

Yea, but cream has both buttermilk and butterfat (butter). So it is a combination of fat and savory for cream, than just fat for butter.

I might be willing to try it out, maybe more of a butterscotch flavor over just butter. I think that might pair well with coffee.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea, but cream has both buttermilk and butterfat (butter). So it is a combination of fat and savory for cream, than just fat for butter.

I might be willing to try it out, maybe more of a butterscotch flavor over just butter. I think that might pair well with coffee.

Or you can just put scotch in your coffee and call it good :-P

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Or you can just put scotch in your coffee and call it good :-P

Why would you do that to a perfectly good Scotch?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Why would you do that to a perfectly good Scotch?

I don't know, I don't drink coffee or scotch so....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Actually...try tequila in a good arabica/columbian coffee. Its a classic it turns out. No sugar. I had no idea it was as good as I found it to be.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Heavy whipping cream in my morning coffee.  On weekends a little bit of Baileys Irish Cream added.

One morning my pet rat got on the coffee table while I had him out and he stuck his tongue in for a few laps.  He fell asleep on my shoulder for over an hour. :-)

Heavy whipping cream in my morning coffee.  On weekends a little bit of Baileys Irish Cream added. One morning my pet rat got on the coffee table while I had him out and he stuck his tongue in for a few laps.  He fell asleep on my shoulder for over an hour.:-)

There are something's that are just better not mentioned on a golf forum. One of them is your pet rat drinking from your coffee and sleeping on your shoulder while you presumably drink the rest of the coffee! ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Heavy whipping cream in my morning coffee.  On weekends a little bit of Baileys Irish Cream added.

One morning my pet rat got on the coffee table while I had him out and he stuck his tongue in for a few laps.  He fell asleep on my shoulder for over an hour.

Fell asleep?!?!  Were you drinking de-caf???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

One morning my pet rat got on the coffee table while I had him out and he stuck his tongue in for a few laps.  He fell asleep on my shoulder for over an hour.

Okay, this thread is officially done! an abomination...

:-$

There is too much bad coffee in this world --

In the event anyone is interested:

Buy a burr grinder, buy coffee

Do not grind too finely for brewed coffee.

Real coffee is akin to wine with flavors -- a blend of strawberry, cherry, mango, peach, lemon, blueberry, blackberry, chocolate, caramel, etc. The combo of flavors depends on the origins of the beans. The more complex coffees are light roasted (not the black syrupy Starbucks ugh stuff)

http://www.georgehowellcoffee.com

http://www.klatchroasting.com

for reviews: www.coffeereview.com

16-17g of water to every gram of coffee

___

I started my coffee education about 1985 when I brought my espresso machine that we'd received as wedding gift (Gaggia) into the only coffee place in Dallas that roasted its own beans. It was prehistoric times -- before Starbucks.  I spend about 4 hrs behind the counter as the owner taught me how to grind beans, measure, brew espresso, and froth milk (very cold, non fat milk is easiest to froth)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Cute story. As long as your pet didn't deposit anything, I suppose I'm okay with that.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always an 80

Cute story. As long as your pet didn't deposit anything, I suppose I'm okay with that.

Hmm.. Maybe he did...and maybe he didn't............????

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• 2 months later...

About a month ago I started putting unsalted butter plus coconut oil in my coffee.  It is fantastic.  I often skip breakfast and just have the coffee.  I used to do heavy whipping cream, which I still do when short on time.

- Mark

I have not tried it, but butter in coffee sounds terrible.

I prefer mine strong and black.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Real coffee is akin to wine with flavors -- a blend of strawberry, cherry, mango, peach, lemon, blueberry, blackberry, chocolate, caramel, etc. The combo of flavors depends on the origins of the beans. The more complex coffees are light roasted (not the black syrupy Starbucks ugh stuff)

@Mr. Desmond can you really taste all of those things in coffee?  i can taste many of them in wine, but not in coffee.

Colin P.

@Mr. Desmond can you really taste all of those things in coffee?  i can taste many of them in wine, but not in coffee.

I agree that tasting peach and mango might be a push, but good Italian mixes of beans that are fresh ground every cup is really fragrant. There are many pleasant feelings that come from it, aside from the caffeine rush that is. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!