IGNORED

I finally tried putting butter in my coffee

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Mr. Desmond can you really taste all of those things in coffee?  i can taste many of them in wine, but not in coffee.

I gave a laundry list of flavors I've seen on the various coffees I drink... these are not flavored coffees.

If we're discussing brewed coffee, yesterday, it was pecan and milk chocolate flavors.

On Sunday, blue and blackberry...

Typically, I will have two flavors that predominate ... maybe 3 if I'm paying attention.

But you've got to have good coffee beans that are roasted correctly -- typically, the lighter the roast, the more complex. Grind when you are ready to brew and brew at around 200 degrees - 1g of coffee for every 16.6g of water, give or take a few tenths.... lol

The Starbucks stuff and most coffee houses are crap brews that will do when desperate.

Since I have cut down on wine, beer, spirits, coffee is my daily "thing."

Buy my coffee at  http://www.georgehowellcoffee.com , and they ship it... if you are in Massachusetts, then you are more fortunate...

If you brew espresso, you get different flavors... depending on the country of origin and the bean... and the terroir.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I gave a laundry list of flavors I've seen on the various coffees I drink... these are not flavored coffees.

Yesterday, it was pecan and milk chocolate flavors.

On Sunday, blue and blackberry...

Typically, I will have two flavors that predominate ... maybe 3 if I'm paying attention.

But you've got to have good coffee beans that are roasted correctly -- typically, the lighter the roast, the more complex. Grind when you are ready to brew and brew at around 200 degrees - 1g of coffee for every 16.6g of water, give or take a few tenths.... lol

The Starbucks stuff and most coffee houses are crap brews that will do when desperate.

Since I have cut down on wine, beer, spirits, coffee is my daily "thing."

Buy my coffee at  http://www.georgehowellcoffee.com , and they ship it... if you are in Massachusetts, then you are more fortunate...

Now, I feel so inadequate with the "Saeco" machine in our office. Well, we do have some nice lightly roasted coffee beans from around the world.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Forget the butter-I wanna know what pharmaceuticals youre taking that makes you think youre tasting all that shit in your coffee!!![quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/75842/i-finally-tried-putting-butter-in-my-coffee/72#post_1063200"] I gave a laundry list of flavors I've seen on the various coffees I drink... these are not flavored coffees. If we're discussing brewed coffee, yesterday, it was pecan and milk chocolate flavors. On Sunday, blue and blackberry... Typically, I will have two flavors that predominate ... maybe 3 if I'm paying attention. But you've got to have good coffee beans that are roasted correctly -- typically, the lighter the roast, the more complex. Grind when you are ready to brew and brew at around 200 degrees - 1g of coffee for every 16.6g of water, give or take a few tenths.... lol The Starbucks stuff and most coffee houses are crap brews that will do when desperate. Since I have cut down on wine, beer, spirits, coffee is my daily "thing." Buy my coffee at  [URL=http://www.georgehowellcoffee.com]http://www.georgehowellcoffee.com[/URL] , and they ship it... if you are in Massachusetts, then you are more fortunate... If you brew espresso, you get different flavors... depending on the country of origin and the bean... and the terroir. [/quote]
  • Upvote 4

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Now, I feel so inadequate with the "Saeco" machine in our office. Well, we do have some nice lightly roasted coffee beans from around the world.

If it's espresso, typically you see a medium to dark roast bean..

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Forget the butter-I wanna know what pharmaceuticals youre taking that makes you think youre tasting all that shit in your coffee!!!

Yes, I thought the same thing. But better coffee is similar to wine. Let it cool a bit and you get flavors. This is not Starbucks or franchise coffee... that does in a pinch. It's something you won't believe until you've tasted better roasted and brewed coffee made with fresh, quality beans. It's tough to find. And the coffee is roasted the same day or the day before it is shipped. The roaster has got to know what he is doing...

I think Starbucks ruined everyone ... people think coffee must be over-roasted and strong.

I am one of those guys who drank wine since 14, worked in wine stores, did a lot of tasting, and searched for flavors ... over 40 yrs of wine tasting ... and then put on the brakes :surrender: ... and took that nuanced palate ;-) to coffee ... :-$ and making a good brew to enjoy in the morning.

• Upvote 1

It's something you won't believe until you've tasted better roasted and brewed coffee made with fresh, quality beans. It's tough to find.

I don't know.  I've had Kona coffee in Kona, and even at a coffee plantation.  It was delicious, but it tasted like, well, coffee.

Of course, I drink Dunkin' Donuts coffee that comes from a bag of grounds I buy at Ralph's so I'm not exactly what one might refer to as a coffee connese , conosewe , conisie , ugh, a guy who is particular about his coffee.

I don't know.  I've had Kona coffee in Kona, and even at a coffee plantation.  It was delicious, but it tasted like, well, coffee.

Of course, I drink Dunkin' Donuts coffee that comes from a bag of grounds I buy at Ralph's so I'm not exactly what one might refer to as a coffee connese, conosewe, conisie, ugh, a guy who is particular about his coffee.

All golf clubs are not created equal; neither is coffee...

And it's all okay.... ;-)

Bailey's or Kahlua in my coffee makes for a great morning on weekends. :beer:

I'll mix a little coco on occasion during the week, but would seriously doubt ever trying butter.

Ugh. :bugout:

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I drink my coffee black, but was intrigued by this thread. Thought the butter would be nasty, tried it and it wasn't bad. That being said, I'll continue drinking my coffee straight up.

You guys are making me want to try some coffee. :beer:

The last (and only) cup of coffee I had was in the mid-80s on a night when the temperature was about -20 and we were working about 300 ft. in the air. A guy had a thermos and asked me if I wanted a cup and I said hell yeah if it's hot.

About a month ago I started putting unsalted butter plus coconut oil in my coffee.  It is fantastic.  I often skip breakfast and just have the coffee.  I used to do heavy whipping cream, which I still do when short on time.

I've started drinking this on occasion. It's called a bullet proof coffee. It's actually pretty good. But, my father in law roasts his own beans and makes incredible espresso with an industrial machine.

I buy beans, grind them myself and use an Aeropress to make the coffee. I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy quality. The stuff you get from machines, Starbucks and other big brand places are terrible in my opinion. Smaller places and baristas can make great coffee. I don't even drink the machine coffee we got at work. It's all about the flavors and experience for me, not the caffeine. I try a lot of new types of coffee to experience different flavors and grade them myself for future reference.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

All golf clubs are not created equal; neither is coffee...

And it's all okay....

And some is GREAT! :beer:

Great coffee, even espresso, need not be complicated, nor difficult.  It does require a little time, effort, and the right equipment.   Like most things in life, you tend to get out of it what you put into it.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I've started drinking this on occasion. It's called a bullet proof coffee. It's actually pretty good. But, my father in law roasts his own beans and makes incredible espresso with an industrial machine.

Yes, I started doing this after reading up on the bulletproof coffee concept.  It works incredibly well for focusing on work tasks, etc.  Not so much for golf, as it makes my mind run a hundred miles per hour... which leads to another thought, I am going to start a golf/caffeine thread.

- Mark

And some is GREAT!

Great coffee, even espresso, need not be complicated, nor difficult.  It does require a little time, effort, and the right equipment.   Like most things in life, you tend to get out of it what you put into it.

Looks similar to my espresso setup -- I have a Rancilio Rocky Grinder and Rancilio Sylvia...

and the drip grind is the older model of this Technivorm...

If it's espresso, typically you see a medium to dark roast bean..

We changed to "Black Cat" beans from Brazil. They are a "sweet" blend. http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/content/black-cat-project

Just goes to show how observant I am, I thought we were still using the light roasted Italian blend (which I forgot the name).

In any case, I am enjoying the taste of a cup as I write this post. . . :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!