IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Interesting 6 month suspension for this and Ray Rice gets a few games for knocking his wife out. Simply stunning.

The correct comparison would be to an NFL player failing a drug test for a third time..which is banishment from the league for a year. Not a suspension - you're OUT of the league & have to seek reinstatement.

Though I totally agree that RR got a ridiculously soft penalty.

Interesting, I had surmised he was suspended for PEDs in previous years. Failing 3 drug tests, with the reciprocal punishments, indicates a major problem. Dude needs a lot of help.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dustin apparently had "sexual indiscretion" with a players wife...(!)...very random http://deadspin.com/report-dustin-johnson-had-sexual-indiscretion-with-p-1614689008 Some dude claims it broke up Will Mackenzies marriage, take that with a pound of salt....lmao some dude said "I believe this was the cause of Tigers divorce"

Riley

Dustin apparently had "sexual indiscretion" with a players wife...(!)...very random

http://deadspin.com/report-dustin-johnson-had-sexual-indiscretion-with-p-1614689008

Some dude claims it broke up Will Mackenzies marriage, take that with a pound of salt....lmao some dude said "I believe this was the cause of Tigers divorce"

uhhh.. ya.. anything from deadspin is questionable as far as I'm concerned.

This is a real surprised.. You have everything in the world, and you "choose" to go a path that is questionable at best (I am censoring my self here)!

I'm not going to speak for anyone here, but I find the fact that he was already caught before the most disturbing part in the whole thing.. You are on top of the world as far as I am concerned, playing professional golf.. you fail a couple of drug tests, but you decide to continue doing what you are doing??

All I can do really is just shake my head.. Does anyone think that maybe if the PGA took this measure and gave him a 3 month suspension and told everyone about it the first time he tested positive for cocain that maybe he would already have gone through rehab?  I mean they delayed the punishment, and the guy just kept doing what he was doing?  Maybe, he was suspended, I don't know.. but it wasn't aired out as far as I remember.

What a wasted talent, questionable choices and no one to blame but himself! (maybe his wife too, but really put the blame squarely on his shoulder)

Moving forward:  I don't think this guy is going to be high on peoples popularity list going forward, but for me if he comes back, and he starts doing a lot of work with the anti-drug movement and teaching young people about the mistakes he made that I would root for him again.. Until then, he just went down my popularity list.. not to last, but pretty close.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The next question is, are the international tours bound to honor the PGA Tour's suspension? Say Dustin spends some time in rehab, then decides that he wants to come back to competitive golf during the European Tour's mid-east swing next January; is there anything the PGA Tour can do to stop him?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

uhhh.. ya.. anything from deadspin is questionable as far as I'm concerned. This is a real surprised.. You have everything in the world, and you "choose" to go a path that is questionable at best (I am censoring my self here)! I'm not going to speak for anyone here, but I find the fact that he was already caught before the most disturbing part in the whole thing.. You are on top of the world as far as I am concerned, playing professional golf.. you fail a couple of drug tests, but you decide to continue doing what you are doing?? All I can do really is just shake my head.. Does anyone think that maybe if the PGA took this measure and gave him a 3 month suspension and told everyone about it the first time he tested positive for cocain that maybe he would already have gone through rehab?  I mean they delayed the punishment, and the guy just kept doing what he was doing?  Maybe, he was suspended, I don't know.. but it wasn't aired out as far as I remember. What a wasted talent, questionable choices and no one to blame but himself! (maybe his wife too, but really put the blame squarely on his shoulder) Moving forward:  I don't think this guy is going to be high on peoples popularity list going forward, but for me if he comes back, and he starts doing a lot of work with the anti-drug movement and teaching young people about the mistakes he made that I would root for him again.. Until then, he just went down my popularity list.. not to last, but pretty close.

I don't know about this. I know deadspin is a little "tabloidish" but they generally get their facts right and break big stories. However, the part about Mackenzie was from one of the comments.

Riley

I'm not going to speak for anyone here, but I find the fact that he was already caught before the most disturbing part in the whole thing.. You are on top of the world as far as I am concerned, playing professional golf.. you fail a couple of drug tests, but you decide to continue doing what you are doing??

Drugs can make people who are otherwise clear thinking, and rational people, do things deep down they know are Bad. Coke is one of those drugs. Maybe D.J. has some hidden issues he wants to forget..?  Look at all the other guys, MLB, HFL, ect where guys had it made, but choose to continue their bad habits. Marvin Gay stands out as someone who was on top of the world, but he liked coke way to much.

I hope D.J. can overcome his problems, and get back to playing golf.

Yep heard from one of my tour buddies it was MaCKenzie and Jimmy WAlker [quote name="RJH999" url="/t/76216/dustin-johnson-taking-a-leave-of-absence-from-tour-suspended-for-cocaine-use/126#post_1030908"] I don't know about this. I know deadspin is a little "tabloidish" but they generally get their facts right and break big stories. However, the part about Mackenzie was from one of the comments.[/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

The "sexual indiscretion" bit was a little out of place, I thought; didn't really fit the article.

But man I was hoping this wasn't the case. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I don't know about this. I know deadspin is a little "tabloidish" but they generally get their facts right and break big stories. However, the part about Mackenzie was from one of the comments.

Maybe that is true.. I'll look more into them, but that is the general feeling I have about them at this time..  not saying it might not change if they are always breaking factual stories!

Drugs can make people who are otherwise clear thinking, and rational people, do things deep down they know are Bad. Coke is one of those drugs. Maybe D.J. has some hidden issues he wants to forget..?  Look at all the other guys, MLB, HFL, ect where guys had it made, but choose to continue their bad habits. Marvin Gay stands out as someone who was on top of the world, but he liked coke way to much.

I hope D.J. can overcome his problems, and get back to playing golf.

Very true, there is probably a very long list that this drug has destroyed.. some we know about, and a lot we don't.. I know it was huge in Dallas during their hay day for example, but it seems like the NFL cares more about PED than they do about what they call "recreational" drugs.

Eyad

The "sexual indiscretion" bit was a little out of place, I thought; didn't really fit the article.  But man I was hoping this wasn't the case. Wish him a speedy recovery.

I know i thought it was really weird just dropping it in the middle of the article. [quote name="Phil McGleno" url="/t/76216/dustin-johnson-taking-a-leave-of-absence-from-tour-suspended-for-cocaine-use/120_40#post_1030910"]Yep heard from one of my tour buddies it was MaCKenzie and Jimmy WAlker [/quote] No not Jimayyy! Man **** Dustin Johnson if this is true.

Riley

Yep heard from one of my tour buddies it was MaCKenzie and Jimmy WAlker

DJ is turning out to be a real *

Eyad

I know i thought it was really weird just dropping it in the middle of the article.

No not Jimayyy! Man **** Dustin Johnson if this is true.

Don't be to quick to judge. If D.J. was under the influence, you really can't blame it all on him. While I'm a huge fan of J.W. I can't totally hold D.J. completely responsible. As I said, drugs make you do Stoopid things.

oh, and it takes 2 to tango.

I'm watching the Bridgestone on the golf channel right now, and they cut to an announcement.

Dustin Johnson tested positive for Marjiquana in 2009. Tested positive for cocaine in 2012. And the breaking news is he test positive for cocaine recently. Thats why he was suspended.

No more rumors any more, its official. They didn't say when he would return.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Don't be to quick to judge. If D.J. was under the influence, you really can't blame it all on him. While I'm a huge fan of J.W. I can't totally hold D.J. completely responsible. As I said, drugs make you do Stoopid things.

Yeah I suppose...but how can you do that to Jimmy! That's like beating up a hamster

Riley

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/dustin-johnson-suspended-pga-tour-after-positive-test-cocaine

BOMBSHELL.  From Golf.com

What!!!!!!!!???????

Suspended for having a DISEASE ?????

Have the asthmatics been suspended as well? If not, why not?

What about Eric Compton?? Why hasn't he been given a holiday?

This is DISCRIMINATION!!!!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Have the asthmatics been suspended as well? If not, why not?

Well, I could be way off base here, but it probably has something to do with with a breathing condition being neither illegal nor against PGA Tour rules.

John

Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!