IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How is the coverage of this tournament, btw? Any early broadcasts?

1 to 7 ET for thursday/friday..11 to 7 weekends. On the PGA Championship app 8:30 to 7 ET featured group coverage. Weekends 11 to 7. Par 3 coverage 1 to 7 thursday/friday and 11 to 7 weekends. Press room all day on PGA app. Wednesday to friday. [quote name="ChrisP" url="/t/76282/2014-pga-championship-discussion-thread/80_40#post_1034184"]Tiger Woods to play practice round at 2pm. [/quote] Interesting. Good news?, I suppose. I hope it's not a friday WD

Riley

Still could be a WD. My guess is if he feels a tweak he's done (unless he's stupid).

If this were mid-season I'd guess he would WD. However, given the fact that if he doesn't go this week he's done for 6 months (no Ryder and no Fed Ex), that adds the motivation to play.

Still could be a WD. My guess is if he feels a tweak he's done (unless he's stupid). If this were mid-season I'd guess he would WD. However, given the fact that if he doesn't go this week he's done for 6 months (no Ryder and no Fed Ex), that adds the motivation to play.

Tiger Woods thinks he's ****ing Iron Man...He better be healthy if he plays, this could really screw a career.

Riley

I think he's gonna push it this week since its the last major. Think he already knows the Ryder Cup is not looking promising and he's just gonna roll the dice on this major. He needs to stop working out so much.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Tiger looks good on the range right now. He hasn't hit a driver yet, though.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Off goes perhaps the most heavily-covered practice round in PGA history. The crowd following Tiger is massive; I doubt the final pairing on Sunday will see such a gallery.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Off goes perhaps the most heavily-covered practice round in PGA history. The crowd following Tiger is massive; I doubt the final pairing on Sunday will see such a gallery.

Unless Tiger's in that group, you might be right.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Did he hit a driver off the 1st?

https://twitter.com/GCTigerTracker

Quote:
Driver off No 1 finds fairway. No signs of pain.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Are we about to see Tiger replay the 2008 US Open? That would be something.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Hmmm, I wondered that exact thing this morning.  Wouldn't that be awesome?  A couple of really nice bookends to his drought. ;)

It would be a huge shot in the arm for the pga and the Ryder cup if he did win this week but i just can't see that happening. Im rooting for a TW win.

Lol, I can hear the teeth gnashing already. @Rick Martin might even be compelled to post some well placed vitriol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2/2 fairways hit so far in his practice round!!! :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It would be a huge shot in the arm for the pga and the Ryder cup if he did win this week but i just can't see that happening. Im rooting for a TW win.

I don't think it's impossible for him to win. If he hits the fairways, he has a shot. That's a big IF, though, his swing looks a complete mess with the big stick. I do not like the short follow through. He needs to get that power back at impact. But he swung the irons really solid and was pretty good on the greens.

The weather forecast doesn't help him, though. I think soft conditions forces him to hit more drivers off the tee, which is the last thing you want to see if you're rooting for Tiger.

Note: This thread is 3527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!