IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
14 hours ago, DeadMan said:
2679089_dHtxd0a1.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 9.25.26 PM.png

LOL

I read your other slightly ranty post. Looks like you should have a pretty clear goal as to what to fix and work on right now.

Is it Read, Bead, or Speed?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, DeadMan said:
2679089_dHtxd0a1.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 9.25.26 PM.png

LOL

Huh, they fixed that insight tab to be accurate these days.  I seem to remember it was a problem at one point and they told us to use the other insight tab.

As for my round today, I think a lot of my short game blame falls on hole #11.  Yes, I was behind a tree for my second shot, but I was also 70 yards from the pin and it shouldn't take me three shots to get the ball to be on the green, 38 feet from the pin.  At minimum I should have done that in two, and closer.  Sigh.  I get so many obvious ones in retrospect, don't I?

2680306_4kY1F4KM.png

I am back at the point where I think short game and putting are glaring weaknesses, and I am going to up that practice in the next week to see if I can get those better.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

This was Thursday's round in a quota game. I barely kept it under bogey golf, but at least I made my second birdie of the year. I stunk up 3 of the par 5s. Distance definitely not as good with the recent rains softening the fairways. This was my first 18 hole round this year too.

2679637_yYa2xwHO.png

- Shane

On 7/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, iacas said:

Is it Read, Bead, or Speed?

Read and speed. Maybe a bit of bead, but that's not my problem normally. Need to do an Aimpoint refresher course, I think. For speed, man, I don't know. My stroke is a lot better than it used to be. I'm not doing massive acceleration through the putt. I'm rarely coming up 10+ feet short or long like I used to. Need to tighten things up a bit, mostly. A foot closer on longer putts would be big.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Today's 18.  SG approach and short game just barely under the 10 handicap mark.  Driving and putting about 1 to 1.5 over.  I take this as a good sign.

2683213_5Zf3dK03.png

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2684326_5AJoc0aL.png

I played well enough to break 80. By a lot, actually. But I didn't, because at various points during the round I hit random fat shots. On 14 I lost my short game completely, lipped out the birdie putt on 15, got too cute with the pitch shot on 17. Lots of places where I can look back and say, I had this round.

But it's still my first single digit differential, so I'm pretty happy with that.

• Like 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The trend of stinking up par 5's continues. Trying too hard? If not for those 2 holes, I would have made the No 6s challenge for 9 holes.

2686053_5RMGHnW2.png

- Shane

I just can't break 40 on this course. I missed an eagle putt too. this is only the second time I have reached a par 5 green in two.

2685492_JnPO7TOZ.png

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

First time breaking 80.  

2689553_6VI15IzI.png

Also my best ever strokes gained approach :  -0.96, which I take to mean .96 strokes better than a scratch player.  Yes, I hit it well today, 11 GIR, plus 4 near-GIR. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

16 minutes ago, Shindig said:

First time breaking 80.  

2689553_6VI15IzI.png

Also my best ever strokes gained approach :  -0.96, which I take to mean .96 strokes better than a scratch player.  Yes, I hit it well today, 11 GIR, plus 4 near-GIR. 

Not to rain on your parade, but I think it means .96 strokes better than someone else of your handicap level.  At least that's what it means on the site I use for strokes gained putting.  I have to plug in my handicap.  Someone else may know better than I when it comes to Game Golf.  In any case, good job Shindig!

9 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Not to rain on your parade, but I think it means .96 strokes better than someone else of your handicap level.  At least that's what it means on the site I use for strokes gained putting.  I have to plug in my handicap.  Someone else may know better than I when it comes to Game Golf.  In any case, good job Shindig!

Gamegolf defaults to comparison against a scratch golfer. 

Great ballstriking day @Shindig!

• Informative 1

54 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

44 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Gamegolf defaults to comparison against a scratch golfer. 

Great ballstriking day @Shindig!

Yep, it was vs Scratch!

2019-July11-RoundStatistics.thumb.png.197c2a3ff6024669f522860bb127f967.png

If my short game looks really good, it's because I had two putts from the fringe (which count as short game) that went to about a foot or two from the pin, plus some other good short game shots (hit the green from 90 yards out, pitched to 10-15 feet from 45 yards, from 33 yards, another from 45 yards, from 50 yards).  I also didn't have many opportunities for short game shots, which helped (11 GIR, plus two fringes in regulation).

But I'm really coming around to thinking that the reason low handicap have such good short game stats is because of the abundance of near-GIRs when they miss coupled with so few opportunities to add to the short game shots count.

-- Michael | My swing! 

It was another Jekyll Vs. Hyde night. Off to a very rocky start, but settled in nicely. Holes 10 and 12 really did me in. Especially with a big pull OB on my second shot on 12. Ouch. It had the makings of a major train wreck, but I battled my inner demons and soldiered on. I'm glad that I did. I'm happy with a 44 (43 Adj.) after that start.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/sknick/round/2689659

- Shane

Complete misery today. One birdie. One par. The rest was pure crap. The neuroma on my left foot hurt so bad, I could hardly put weight on it, so I called it a day.

2691417_nTYZZQbj.png

- Shane

facebook-share-round.jpg

Well this was an interesting round. I either hit the ball really well or chunked the crap out of it. Also the combination of a better swing and the summer heat has me hitting my irons longer, which bit me twice when I took a longer club on an approach and ended up puring it, airmailing the green. I hate it when I aim for a miss and don't miss :doh:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2697149_ld8dlecV.png

First round with my new irons. No warmup went from my bed to the first tee in about 15 minutes so the first two swings were a bit iffy to say the least. Really hit the new irons well especially on the back side. Hit the driver extremely well as well. I moved the ball position a bit forward on the driver and 3-Wood and it seemed to help a lot.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!