IGNORED

Wow, Tiger got Dissed by Dan Jenkins?

Gunther
Note:Β This thread is 3364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

So, you honestly don't think that what happened in November of 2009, and the resulting sh*t storm, has hadΒ any affect on what he did or didn't do on the course after that?

Originally Posted by iacas

Of course I do… Β But I've never said any differently. I couldn't care less about what affected his golf, only that his golf was affected.

Stop with the spin. It's not in a vacuum. It happened and it affected his golf game to a serious degree. Bottom line is that you care. Just admit it.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jesus, you guys are like a dog with a bone. Let it go already...

It's kinda fun to watch/read actually. I'm enjoying it.

• Upvote 1

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Stop with the spin. It's not in a vacuum. It happened and it affected his golf game to a serious degree. Bottom line is that you care. Just admit it.

Erik said he cares about Tiger's golf game. Erik doesn't care whether Tiger spends the day with his kids at Disneyland or at a penthouse in Vegas with 20 hookers. There are some people that were genuinely angered and offended by Tiger's personal life and even now continue to hold a grudge against Tiger.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Quote:

Quote:

So, you honestly don't think that what happened in November of 2009, and the resulting sh*t storm, has hadΒ any affect on what he did or didn't do on the course after that?

Originally Posted by iacas

Of course I do… Β But I've never said any differently. I couldn't care less about what affected his golf, only that his golf was affected.

I don't either. Β Just like when I'm watching Arnie or Tom Watson or Nicklaus or any other legend whose has said or done questionable things in their private life. Β I just want to see them play golf. Β It bothers you about Woods, but it doesn't seem to bother you that the others did similar things. Β I find that curious.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Erik said he cares about Tiger's golf game. Erik doesn't care whether Tiger spends the day with his kids at Disneyland or at a penthouse in Vegas with 20 hookers. There are some people that were genuinely angered and offended by Tiger's personal life and even now continue to hold a grudge against Tiger.

No, he said, and I quote, "The only time I care about Tiger off the course is when it affects what he can or can't do on the course."

So it follows that he cares about what Tiger did because it obviously ruined his game in 2010 and he clearly hasn't been the same player since. I know that injuries have been a factor as well, but Tiger's off course behaviorΒ was very much in play, particularly in 2010.

There is no way to ignore it and it is part of his legacy. Who knows, maybe it was part of what made him great. He was a better player before he got caught. :-P

Bill M

• Administrator
So it follows that he cares about what Tiger did

I care that it affected his golf. I don't care what he did; only that whatever it was affected his golf. I clearly can't make you understand this basic difference and am done trying.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I care that it affected his golf. I don't care what he did ; only that whatever it was affected his golf. I clearly can't make you understand this basic difference and am done trying.

How do feel about Lance, Barry bonds, Roger Clemens and Arod? do you not care what they did?

How do feel about Lance, Barry bonds, Roger Clemens and Arod? do you not care what they did?

I'm curious how one would equate a guy who had off-the-course marital issues with 4 guys who cheated their sports?

• Administrator
I'm curious how one would equate a guy who had off-the-course marital issues with 4 guys who cheated their sports?

There is no equating them.

I feel it's pretty clear that by saying "off the course" I'm not being 100% literal. I care what Tiger does that is directly related to golf. I care what Barry Bonds did that was directly linked to baseball (Didn't he have income tax issues? Don't care. Drugs to help him play baseball better? Do care. Feels like a "duh" kind of application of common sense to me…).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Even I think that is a stretch. All 4 of those guys used PED's off the field to help them on the field.

However even Clemens extra marital affairs were not news worthy, because it was over shadowed by PED, and more importantly it never affected his game.

You want to draw a parallel between tigers personal life and A-Rod's dating habits, go ahead.

I think a great example of this is Derek Jeter. Page 6 and the NY Post/Daily News ran gossip on this guy all the time about the girls he was "dating". However he is a multimillionaire, bachelor living in NYC and it never affected his on the field performance. not to mention he kept it private.

Tiger, had the marriage, the kids, but was hanging out with waitresses and doing stuff that TMZ would pay good, good money to know about.

Do I care what he did on his time, nope! But if he is going to be in the public eye and behave in sordid way that the gossip columnists care about, you should be prepared to have that info outed.

The second part of that, is it affected (allegedly) his on field performance.

Imagine what would happen if Derek Jeter (justin Verlander, Kobe Bryant,etc,,,) had had to go on the DL because he hurt himself in a similar manner.

Lastly I will just say - Ray Rice!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfisher

Even I think that is a stretch. All 4 of those guys used PED's off the field to help them on the field.

However even Clemens extra marital affairs were not news worthy, because it was over shadowed by PED, and more importantly it never affected his game.

You want to draw a parallel between tigers personal life and A-Rod's dating habits, go ahead.

I think a great example of this is Derek Jeter. Page 6 and the NY Post/Daily News ran gossip on this guy all the time about the girls he was "dating". However he is a multimillionaire, bachelor living in NYC and it never affected his on the field performance. not to mention he kept it private.

Tiger, had the marriage, the kids, but was hanging out with waitresses and doing stuff that TMZ would pay good, good money to know about.

Do I care what he did on his time, nope! But if he is going to be in the public eye and behave in sordid way that the gossip columnists care about, you should be prepared to have that info outed.

The second part of that, is it affected (allegedly) his on field performance.

Imagine what would happen if Derek Jeter (justin Verlander, Kobe Bryant,etc,,,) had had to go on the DL because he hurt himself in a similar manner.

Lastly I will just say - Ray Rice!

All of this is :offtopic:

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Bias.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

All of this is

I was about to say the same thing. the point of the simple question was directed to a statement made ( and I'll paraphrase) "I don't care what he/they do away from [name sport here] I only care about how he/they play [Name Sport here}.

I believe that of those 4, they all lied publicly denying everything at one point,that is until they were caught. they all cheated either in their sport or cheated another person or team,Some used drugs, some simply disrupted investigations and tax fraud, They all made money from their actions, they all contributed to organizations to help other people, including children.

So yes, I happen to look at them differently, judge them differently, regardless of how well they performed. Its now a majority of their legacy.

• Administrator
I was about to say the same thing. the point of the simple question was directed to a statement made ( and I'll paraphrase) "I don't care what he/they do away from [name sport here] I only care about how he/they play [Name Sport here}.

Taking PEDs is directly related to their sport. It's not in the same ballpark (pun intended) as doinking some women.

See my post and others above.

There is no equating them.

I feel it's pretty clear that by saying "off the course" I'm not being 100% literal. I care what Tiger does that is directly related to golf. I care what Barry Bonds did that was directly linked to baseball (Didn't he have income tax issues? Don't care. Drugs to help him play baseball better? Do care. Feels like a "duh" kind of application of common sense to me…).

• 2 months later...

I'll put any reasonable amount of money you want down that Tiger gets to 83.

Looks kind of like a fools bet now, doesnt it?

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Did he officially retire?

No he did not. I will grant you that.

But right now, the way he is playing he does not look like he can even make a cut.
He has work to do.

If he ever finds that old swing of his he could be competative and dangerous every blue moon!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note:Β This thread is 3364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!