IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am probably going to go see it on a weekday, the week after it opens, in the mid to early afternoon :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Oh, there are no tickets left, I guarantee it. I bought my tickets to the movie back in late October and they were already very slim pickings (I had to get tickets for the 2 AM showing if I didn't want my nose to the screen on release night).

Ah the advantages of modern technology.  No more days spent in line.  I thought you could purchase tickets via Fandango and other websites, but since I don't go to movie theaters that much, I never had that problem.

I don't like to go when it is packed anyway.  With so many nuts these days, smaller the crowd the better.  But that's a topic for another forum.

I guess these guys are not too well versed in modern technology.  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

9 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Ah the advantages of modern technology.  No more days spent in line.  I thought you could purchase tickets via Fandango and other websites, but since I don't go to movie theaters that much, I never had that problem.

I don't like to go when it is packed anyway.  With so many nuts these days, smaller the crowd the better.  But that's a topic for another forum.

I guess these guys are not too well versed in modern technology.  

They have tickets. It's more of a cultural/experience thing.

“At night you freeze and in the daytime you cook, but you come for the camaraderie and the chance to be a part of cinematic history,” said Erik Murillo, who was sitting in a lawn chair near two large plastic crates packed with supplies (clothes, food, a tent). “Besides, there are traditions to be upheld.”

The Chinese Theater holds a special place in the “Star Wars” pop culture galaxy. The first “Star Wars” movie was only booked into about 30 theaters in May 1977 in part because some executives at 20th Century Fox were skeptical of the film’s box office potential. Instead, swarms of people turned out; the throngs were especially large outside the Chinese, which has long been a symbol of Hollywood, helping to generate global news coverage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/movies/star-wars-the-force-awakens-fans-are-already-lining-up.html?_r=0

And according to the piece, there still are opening weekend tickets available. I'm guessing they are in less populated areas.

Even with hundreds of opening-weekend show times for “The Force Awakens” already sold out, analysts predict there will be more than enough seating capacity on opening weekend. For instance, AMC Theaters, the second-largest multiplex chain in North America (behind Regal Entertainment), last week said that 1,600 opening-weekend screenings were sold out, but that 3.5 million tickets remained available. At least 36 AMC theaters will run “The Force Awakens” around the clock.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

LOL

CV6T9J9XIAAxcUb.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

LOL

CV6T9J9XIAAxcUb.jpg

I love it! I think the best part is the juxtaposition of the heart sticker sealing the note on one side, with the underlining of "noob" on the other side (and a conveniently forgotten "i" at the end).

Catch some bits from the new soundtrack.

Steve

Still unspoiled. Woohoo. I have no bloody clue what this movie is about and that's a good thing. Two more days to go. Closed hands on ears, yelling I'm not listening, I'm not listening.

Steve

14 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Still unspoiled. Woohoo. I have no bloody clue what this movie is about and that's a good thing. Two more days to go. Closed hands on ears, yelling I'm not listening, I'm not listening.

It's pretty impressive that I haven't even heard rumors of a leak yet.

15 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

NO spoiler:  There was an article that said watching people's reactions as they came out of the theaters where they are running it early are all smiles.  By all appearances it is going to be a good movie.

22 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

NO spoiler:  There was an article that said watching people's reactions as they came out of the theaters where they are running it early are all smiles.  By all appearances it is going to be a good movie.

Those folks at the screening were insiders, industry folk, so it's still a little early to tell. My gut feeling is that it's going to be good. Definitely better than the prequels. Spit. Now whether it is great? Now the fact that some were commenting they were crying - that's unclear as well. Is it nostalgia or genuine emotion generated from the writing. I'll know by 9:30PM ish Thursday.

23 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

It's pretty impressive that I haven't even heard rumors of a leak yet.

Some of the actors thought the security measures were oppressive. I totally understood why they instituted strict measures. 

Steve

14 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Those folks at the screening were insiders, industry folk, so it's still a little early to tell. My gut feeling is that it's going to be good. Definitely better than the prequels. Spit. Now whether it is great? Now the fact that some were commenting they were crying - that's unclear as well. Is it nostalgia or genuine emotion generated from the writing. I'll know by 9:30PM ish Thursday.

I have to wait a whole extra week.  Hopefully those of you who see it quickly can restrain yourselves from posting too many spoilers without warnings on here.

9 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I have to wait a whole extra week.  Hopefully those of you who see it quickly can restrain yourselves from posting too many spoilers without warnings on here.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM!

• Upvote 1

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

blah.jpg.b036d4218d9e16303673d403095d284

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I bought tickets online today.  We're going to see it Sunday afternoon.  I picked the fanciest theater  around 3D, Dolby Atmos Sound, "Arclight Widescreen" format, whatever that means.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

• Administrator

Got tickets just a little while ago for Friday at 3:40. Going with the wife.

The kid is not going…

56707ae20fe73_MessagesImage(874910928).p

:-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

34 minutes ago, davechen said:

I bought tickets online today.  We're going to see it Sunday afternoon.  I picked the fanciest theater  around 3D, Dolby Atmos Sound, "Arclight Widescreen" format, whatever that means.

It means fancy schmancy marketing term, the added benefit is negligible and you pay MOAR. Usually. But you can't go wrong with a big-ass screen. :-)

Round the clock showtimes available - 2:30AM, 5:15AM, 6:30AM

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 3.57.14 PM.png

Steve

My tickets are for 1:15 AM on Friday morning that opening night, and it's even in one of those new theaters that has the individual recliners and everything. It should be great fun, regardless of how the movie turns out, since I'm going with a friend who also enjoys Star Wars and we'll be spending the afternoon together beforehand.

My only prediction is that if the movie is bad people will blame Disney, and if the movie is good people will credit George Lucas rather than J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.

Note: This thread is 2928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!