IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

GolfLug

4 minutes ago, mchepp said:

I have nothing to add about your swing, but what is going on with that fan?

image.png

That's what happens when you swing a club in the living room.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

That's what happens when you swing a club in the living room.

It’s a feature. @GolfLug did that to make room so he could swing.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@mchepp, @DaveP043. Y'all are a trip..lol. The blades slant down. Something about this design being able to funnel more air.

image.png

Leave it to @GolfLug to have the most fancy fan I have ever seen. But what I really wanted to ask is how is the piano going?

Michael

(edited)
Just now, mchepp said:

Leave it to @GolfLug to have the most fancy fan I have ever seen. 

Wife's idea about the fan. I wouldn't dare to come up anything like that on my own.

Piano? I don't know, I just use it as a back stop. My kids use it to make some interesting sounds. They claim it to be 'music'.

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

It’s a feature. @GolfLug did that to make room so he could swing.

That's right.. Since I have soooooo much width in my swing. Not sure why @iacaskeeps hammering me about not having enough width. 😜

Edited by GolfLug
  • Funny 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator

The only hammering needed here is to smash up that fan and get a normal one. 🙂

• Funny 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 4/11/2021 at 4:49 PM, iacas said:

Very good. Now do that a million times, and record yourself often and make them at least as good as those.

This is the right advice pretty much at all times in golf 🤣

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator

Notice how quickly that right elbow bends?

(That’s still way better but you can be wider.)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

image.png

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Notice how quickly that right elbow bends?

(That’s still way better but you can be wider.)

Ok, the left arm feels full stretch at A3 (ish) already. Struggling to stretch it to give right hand further room to not fold. 

I can raise the hands higher but then would look like Count Drac and head starts tilting left (forward) and at that point I can barely see the ball.

I know you don't do Android but wife has i-phone if you have time for a facetime lesson this weekend. 

image.png

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

@boogielicious, where is the video of the drill wherein you keep the right elbow straight by keeping tension on a piece of rope? I can’t find it?

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Ok, the left arm feels full stretch at A3 (ish) already. Struggling to stretch it to give right hand further room to not fold. 

The right elbow can be farther off your ribs, no? 🙂

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

The right elbow can be farther off your ribs, no? 🙂

Per convo, will add bit more tilt down and torso turn and get left arm to rise up higher.

48 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

@boogielicious, where is the video of the drill wherein you keep the right elbow straight by keeping tension on a piece of rope? I can’t find it?

Well, what I am trying to say that the left arm is acting as the rope I am stretching to max. 

Anyway, I will post something better tonight. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Per convo, will add bit more tilt down

You're the one who added that. The later videos seemed fine here.

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Well, what I am trying to say that the left arm is acting as the rope I am stretching to max. 

Anyway, I will post something better tonight. 

Right, but you can stretch it "around" you more, or "in front of you" more. The right elbow can both bend and/or elevate.

• Thumbs Up 1

(edited)
17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Right, but you can stretch it "around" you more, or "in front of you" more. The right elbow can both bend and/or elevate.

Like this? 

image.png

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Yeah. Basically.

Your left arm can be straight but if you bend your right elbow and pull it "behind" you, you're very, VERY narrow. Conversely you could lift your arms straight up in front of you and be VERY wide.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

In this thread. Page 3

It is also similar to the soft trail arm challenge feel.

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave