IGNORED

Inaccessible clubhead speed

Note: This thread is 3372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 iron: 150 on average. but lately ive been hitting 175/185. not consistently though. i play mp 14 irons (traditional weaker lofts) with rifle 6.0 shafts, low kickpoint. ball flight is high. i hit a few mp 4 6 irons at roger dunn and was getting 185/195 with dg x100 shafts.

driver: 275/285 avg with occasional 320-330-340. r11s stiff shaft. 9 deg loft

i hit 362 once with a little tailwind

ive been practicing a lot lately and im getting in tune with a lot of things

The difference between 7i 150 carry and a 7i 180 carry is gigantic! It correlates to about a 20mph difference in driver SS!

Are you using the Zepp to determine these distances? Also, which course did you hit 362 yards? If you are going to a Roger Dunn, are you in So. Cal.?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

those are my numbers. im sorry you find them hard to believe.

is anyone actually going to answer the question? or are we going to argue about believability?

If history is to be our guide, we're going to argue about believability.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

im in hawaii. i play mamala, klipper, ewa beach, palmer, fazio, ko olau, etc, etc. 362 was on #18 of the fazio course out at turtle bay. 16 inches from the pin! the green is uphill mind you. 5-10 mph tailwind. ive skipped the fairway on 18 at ko olau as well. if youve played it, you know what im talking about. roger dunn pearl city. i play traditional loft irons because they hit high and i like to drop on the target at steep angles. wind will mess me up though. yes i can drive the ball far. sorry you can't. go practice. none of this has anything to do with my question because none of you can answer it. you prefer to talk about the above. why cant i get the 110-121 mph clubhead speed at impact?

none of this has anything to do with my question because none of you can answer it. you prefer to talk about the above.

why cant i get the 110-121 mph clubhead speed at impact?

Your swing speed with a wedge is about 80-86mph. The post impact increase in speed is bad data. So we really can't answer your question. How would you increase your speed? Can't say without seeing your swing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Your swing speed with a wedge is about 80-86mph. The post impact increase in speed is bad data. So we really can't answer your question. How would you increase your speed? Can't say without seeing your swing.

QFT.

Question answered, @00dannyboy .

Post your swing in a Member Swing thread. There's a good reason we have hundreds or thousands of them. Best site on the Internet for people who want to get better at golf.

If you're a 14.2… you probably want to get better at golf, no?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hi,

I'm swinging plenty fast, just not in the impact zone.

i swing my sand wedge 110-120 mph max, but only 80-86 in impact zone.

Hand speed is 13-17 at impact and 21-23 mph max, but once again, not in the impact zone.

i've thought maybe im releasing early or late, tinkered round with that; no luck.

hip turn, spinning out, should i "pause" or "brake" in the downswing?

thoughts?

thanks,

dan

Here we go. I went to the range and hit some balls. This is one of my better sand wedge shots.

Bent left wrist threw my club off plane. Still working on that.

How far did the ball actually go?

In any case, as the two key instructors have mentioned, there is really nothing they can do to help you without a swing video.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
How far did the ball actually go? In any case, as the two key instructors have mentioned, there is really nothing they can do to help you without a swing video.

Post a video. I don't trust data from that device. I HAVE one of them, too. It's not just blind dislike.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The ball went 100 and rolled 2-3 yds after that. Thats a little above average for me. Im usually 90/95 yards with my sand wedge. I will post a swing video today.

A 54 degree wedge swung at 91 mph should go 125-ish or more and roll backwards.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The ball went 100 and rolled 2-3 yds after that. Thats a little above average for me. Im usually 90/95 yards with my sand wedge. I will post a swing video today.

IN that case, it's pretty obvious that the device is simply inaccurate. I swing my 6 iron at 85-90 mph, which means my wedge is probably closer to 80mph, and I hit mine (54.5*) 105-110 yards.

IN that case, it's pretty obvious that the device is simply inaccurate. I swing my 6 iron at 85-90 mph, which means my wedge is probably closer to 80mph, and I hit mine (54.5*) 105-110 yards.

The actual distance of his sand wedge fits fairly neatly with what he gets out of his 7 iron, which was 150ish.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

The actual distance of his sand wedge fits fairly neatly with what he gets out of his 7 iron, which was 150ish.

Sure ... they just don't fit in with the swing speed readouts from his gadget.

Sure ... they just don't fit in with the swing speed readouts from his gadget.

Yeah he's not swinging it at 110 post impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

This thread is rather amusing, he is swinging his wedge at 110+ maxing out at 120. What's the driver swing speed look like? 140 to 160? Long drive competition here he comes, watch out!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

This thread is rather amusing, he is swinging his wedge at 110+ maxing out at 120. What's the driver swing speed look like? 140 to 160? Long drive competition here he comes, watch out!

It's really not ... He just needs to be convinced that his gadget doesn't work.

It's really not ... He just needs to be convinced that his gadget doesn't work.

Or maybe he needs to find a way to tee the ball up so impact is at A8. ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!