IGNORED

I'm lost, what's the deal with these Super Stroke Grips...

Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2.0 on my putter. now the stock size grips don't feel right. It took some getting use to but now I can't put it down. I like how my hands feel closer together. my ball roll has improved.

Got a 3.0 super stroke slim on my putter this week and in my 2 rounds on friday and today I didn't 3 putt once and I only missed 1 putt with in 5 feet (super rare for me, putting and chipping are usually the worst parts of my game). I think it really helps with my distance control but I now need to start making more putts outside of 10 feet, don't feel 100% confident with my line outside of 10 feet with the grip.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Just put a 3.0 on mine 2 weeks ago. IT'S THE BEST EQUIPMENT CHANGE I'VE EVER MADE! I mean it. I've always struggled being a little handsey on shorter putts. This has fixed that. I'm hooked!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If you want to feel a change at a super low price and do it within minutes, buy some medical tape. Wrap the grip (I think Willie Wood or one of the other Oak Tree guy's did this years ago) and you can go in increments, until it feels suitable. You can change the size all you want and if it's not for you, just peel the tape off.

Hate crowned cups.

I finally took the plunge, and it's great, 3.0, spent a good couple of hours at the practice area yesterday.

I think what I like most about it is how easy it is to have a light touch, and to keep the face square, my putting it better now.

Also, I worked on left hand low a lot with it, the SS makes that grip almost natural feeling, I may switch.

It'd help to post before and after stats if you keep track of those.   Often, after the novelty of getting a new equipment (and subsequent increased practice) wears off, the improvement is not so much.   I switch to a super size putter grip a few years ago and the before and after stat for total putts didn't change much.   At the time of the switch, I felt my left wrist is breaking down less during swing.   But that "feel" didn't translated into reduction in total putts per round stat.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I can see that being the case, chances are we could all be playing a bag of gear from 1980 with original grips and not miss a stroke, new gear=new excitement=illusions of grandeur.

So yeah, maybe the SS grip does nothing, but I still like it!

I put a 3.0 on my putter this year. I was thinking about replacing it but thought I'd try the 3.0 before i spent the money on a new putter. So the results have been good.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

If you want to feel a change at a super low price and do it within minutes, buy some medical tape. Wrap the grip (I think Willie Wood or one of the other Oak Tree guy's did this years ago) and you can go in increments, until it feels suitable. You can change the size all you want and if it's not for you, just peel the tape off.

In order to put enough tape on a standard grip to bring it up to a 3.0, you'd need about 5 pounds of tape.   That's going to change the weight and feel of the putter.  Years ago he probably had no choice if that's what he wanted because the SS grips weren't invented yet.

As far as stats, I don't keep them, and as infrequent as my play has been the last 3 years, they wouldn't say anything anyway.  What this grip does for me is to make me feel more connected to the putter.  That's about the only way I can describe it.  When I putt with a normal putter grip now, it feels like I'm holding a twig.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

In order to put enough tape on a standard grip to bring it up to a 3.0, you'd need about 5 pounds of tape.   That's going to change the weight and feel of the putter.  Years ago he probably had no choice if that's what he wanted because the SS grips weren't invented yet.

Back in the day your correct, but there's medical tape now that is very light weight, almost feels like foam and is about 2" to 3" wide. Doesn't take a whole lot to build up and I would suspect it's almost on par weight wise to the SS and other jumbo grips. It's just a heck of a lot cheaper to try, then spending $30 plus on something that may / may not fit you. Just a suggestion for folks, but it's their money......

Hate crowned cups.

• 1 year later...

Last week I had the SS Slim3.0 put on my Scotty Newport Select and used it the first time yesterday. What a difference. My putting speed improved. And it removed my wrists from getting involved. Most of my putts were all on line to where I aimed. Now if I can only figure how to read the green slopes, I would be even better. 

I started this thread and I'm a believer... I have a Fatso on my Exotics putter and I love it. I still release the right wrist a little bit not as much as before. Putting is getting better... Now just need the short game to come around.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

SS Slim 2.0 on my Method Midnight 008.  Did NOT cost me any of the sweet feel off the Method face and allows me to grip it lighter but tighter.  Swingweight was unchanged and I improved in both direction and distance control.

Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!