IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 2997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, dak4n6 said:

What, no buzz about Chip being let go by the Eagles? All of the Philly area is talking about it.

When he booted McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, and Fowles, as a Giants fan I gave him two thumbs up and figured that would make it much easier for Big Blue to win the NFC E. But, I didn't count on Blue also sucking. Worst. Defense. Ever.

I read in the local paper they offered Chip the opportunity to remain as Head Coach but he refused to give up GM responsibilities (his obvious weakness) and got fired.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I read in the local paper they offered Chip the opportunity to remain as Head Coach but he refused to give up GM responsibilities (his obvious weakness) and got fired.

It is so hard to do at the NFL level. The players are all good athletes. Fitting the system is the hardest thing to predict. FWIW, I think Kelly is very innovative. My cousins, who are Eagles fans, were not enamored with him at all. 

Where do you think he'll end up?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It is so hard to do at the NFL level. The players are all good athletes. Fitting the system is the hardest thing to predict. FWIW, I think Kelly is very innovative. My cousins, who are Eagles fans, were not enamored with him at all. 

Where do you think he'll end up?

Stories already popping up about the possibility of him reuniting with Marcus Mariota in Tennessee.  I find that to be odd, though.  In fact, I find the entire culture of NFL coaches weird.  The way a guy gets fired for under-performing and then he's immediately at the top of the list to rehired.

Seriously?  His entire problem was the lack of the perfect QB to fit into his system?  I don't know if that's the case or not, but I find it hard to believe.

I also read a story this morning from a UCLA guy who desperately wants the Bruin AD to try and lure him here to replace Jim Mora.

16 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Stories already popping up about the possibility of him reuniting with Marcus Mariota in Tennessee.  I find that to be odd, though.  In fact, I find the entire culture of NFL coaches weird.  The way a guy gets fired for under-performing and then he's immediately at the top of the list to rehired.

Seriously?  His entire problem was the lack of the perfect QB to fit into his system?  I don't know if that's the case or not, but I find it hard to believe.

I also read a story this morning from a UCLA guy who desperately wants the Bruin AD to try and lure him here to replace Jim Mora.

Coaching in the NFL is so important, more than any other sport IMO. But it also takes a few years to build a team. Owners are way too impatient. However, being a head coach is much different than being a coordinator. There are load of terrific coordinators that haven't panned out as head coaches. Head coaching is a total different level.

Scott

My Swing Thread

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Coaching in the NFL is so important, more than any other sport IMO. But it also takes a few years to build a team. Owners are way too impatient. However, being a head coach is much different than being a coordinator. There are load of terrific coordinators that haven't panned out as head coaches. Head coaching is a total different level.

Very true.... My Cleveland Browns know that all too well, but haven't learned a thing. We're still waiting for the next Blanton Collier... But the owners wouldn't know it if it hit them between the eyes. Sometimes time is required.... We ran Bellicheck out of town and now look at him (grrrr). We go through coaches and quarterback like some people do with socks.

Dave

1 minute ago, Dave325 said:

Very true.... My Cleveland Browns know that all too well, but haven't learned a thing. We're still waiting for the next Blanton Collier... But the owners wouldn't know it if it hit them between the eyes. Sometimes time is required.... We ran Bellicheck out of town and now look at him (grrrr). We go through coaches and quarterback like some people do with socks.

Agree. The Browns are a prime example of impatience. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

25 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

A very close 2nd place is talent evaluation. New England doesn't chase prospects in the draft. They do a heck of a job in Free Agency every year. They understand depth. New England always seems to trade down to get more picks so they can get more players in a draft. 

I would say Owners might be more important because they are the ones that establish the culture. Pittsburgh and New England have been some of the most consistent franchises in the past 15 years. Their ownership have given their HC opportunities to succeed.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 weeks later...

Are there no NFL fans on this forum?  2 weeks into the playoffs and not a single post or comment about any of the games.  

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

4 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Are there no NFL fans on this forum?  2 weeks into the playoffs and not a single post or comment about any of the games.  

Huge Packer fan.  You'll understand my silence.....  :-(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

7 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Huge Packer fan.  You'll understand my silence.....  :-(

They played a good game.  Tough to beat another good team in their house.  My Broncos almost gave it up to the walking wounded Steelers yesterday.  Usually the the teams left by this time are all so close that just a play or two can make all the difference.  Rodgers with that hail Mary at the end was fantastic.  He had a great second half and if they had won the toss might have won the game.  It was certainly an entertaining game to watch.

I found it interesting that in the wild card round all 4 games were won by the road team, while in the divisional round, all games were won by the home team.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I was most impressed with Seattle in their loss to the Panthers. They could have rolled over but they didn't. I'm thinking the four teams left are glad they don't have to get past the Seahawks.

I'm not a fan of the team and was glad they lost. But they showed a lot of heart yesterday.

Jon

30 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

I was most impressed with Seattle in their loss to the Panthers. They could have rolled over but they didn't. I'm thinking the four teams left are glad they don't have to get past the Seahawks.

I'm not a fan of the team and was glad they lost. But they showed a lot of heart yesterday.

Agreed! The Panthers probably wished there was never a thing called, halftime. I couldn't believe how the Panthers went to sleep after halftime. They had better not do that in the next round of the playoffs.

Dave

Yep. It's hard to tell if Carolina let up or if the Seahawks woke up. I'm guessing it was a little of both, but I think Carolina should be thankful they walked away with that win. Hopefully they learned from it.

Would be nice to see either of the NFC teams wins the big game this year.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, hard to believe there's not more banter here now that the superbowl is set (Oh, wait, I don't want to get sued for copyright infringement by a multi billion $$$ organization who's whole existence is solely to make more $$, so I have to call it "The Big Game"). Maybe my dream of a world without football is starting to come true..

I am glad the nasty Pats didn't make it though...

dak4n6

19 minutes ago, dak4n6 said:

Wow, hard to believe there's not more banter here now that the superbowl is set (Oh, wait, I don't want to get sued for copyright infringement by a multi billion $$$ organization who's whole existence is solely to make more $$, so I have to call it "The Big Game"). Maybe my dream of a world without football is starting to come true..

I am glad the nasty Pats didn't make it though...

Why would there be?  It's not like there is something really controversial regarding the teams to talk about.  Last year we had juicy and scandalous allegations about scum of the earth cheaters with 11 psi balls instead of 12.

This year all we have is a measly PED scandal involving one lousy irrelevant Broncos player.

Whats to talk about? ;)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Why would there be?  It's not like there is something really controversial regarding the teams to talk about.  Last year we had juicy and scandalous allegations about scum of the earth cheaters with 11 psi balls instead of 12.

This year all we have is a measly PED scandal involving one lousy irrelevant Broncos player.

Whats to talk about? ;)

Yeah, what is the NFL without controversy? It's the best reality TV. Lol, tongue firmly in cheek as always Gd! Keep up the good work sir...

dak4n6

9 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Whats to talk about? ;)

We could talk about the strong arm extortion of the fans in San Diego, Oakland and St Louis that Roger "Baby Face" Goodell is imposing so that his Billionaire Owners don't have to pay for their own stadiums. It's a real hardship for them. Look what happened when Robert Kraft had to pay for his own stadium! It set the franchise back decades in profits and performance. Oh wait.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000530683

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!