IGNORED

Time to clamp down on moronic heckler's and camera phones?

golfaddict1
Note: This thread is 3306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Caddie races ... the caddies for each player would race to green ... the first one to touch the green was the winner ... people would place bets on which caddie would win.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else think enough is enough in regards to these incredibly irritating after shot heckles on PGA tour as well as these snap happy camera phone users.

It seems after nearly every shot some dimwit yells some incredibly unfunny "get in the hole" or "mash potato". The PGA needs to seriously get a grip. I think anyone who yells something after a shot or is caught using a phone/camera should be booted off the premesis.

Thoughts?

This is why I love watching the Masters.

You never hear "get in the hole" or "mash potato".

I'm sure some will argue that the Masters is old school and not up with the times ..... I guess I am old school.

I cannot tolerate the morons that think they are cool by yelling something stupid on every shot.

This is why I love watching the Masters.

You never hear "get in the hole" or "mash potato".

I'm sure some will argue that the Masters is old school and not up with the times ..... I guess I am old school.

I cannot tolerate the morons that think they are cool by yelling something stupid on every shot.

The loss of one's lifetime badge to see The Masters is a big penalty for misbehavior.

Caddie races ... the caddies for each player would race to green ... the first one to touch the green was the winner ... people would place bets on which caddie would win.

that's golf alright.

The loss of one's lifetime badge to see The Masters is a big penalty for misbehavior.

Seems to work.

In every other tournament this would not work as they are trying to get more spectators.

At the Masters its their way or the highway.

The Masters had their own caddy race problems years ago that we're all glad they've come around on.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

The fans paid their money, as long as they're not completely out of control or belligerent (on the course, screaming during the swing or hurling insults), I think the pros should deal with it.

I like Spieth, but holy cow how lame is it that he can't focus enough to overcome a camera click? How much do these guys need to be coddled, this isn't a bridge tournament at the local VFW!

I've never understood that attitude from the pros, you're playing in front of thousands of people that paid to watch you play golf. Part of the gig is dealing with the noise and distractions that come with those people and they're money. No different than any other spectator sport.

The fans paid their money, as long as they're not completely out of control or belligerent (on the course, screaming during the swing or hurling insults), I think the pros should deal with it.

Except in other spectator sports they throw you out when you start disturbing the rest of the spectators. I can guarantee the spectators who aren't involved with the guys yelling, "Mashed potatoes!" or "Get in the hole!" off the tee of a par five are getting quite annoyed, and they paid their money the same as the others. I'm not concerned about the pros having to deal with it, it's just that as a spectator myself I'd rather not deal with the morons when I paid my admission too!

As for the cameras, I'm not quite sure how people can notice that stuff even when they're not swinging. I've had people cough, sneeze, laugh, all that sort of stuff in the middle of my swing and the only reason I knew it happened was because they apologized afterwords. A real camera's shutter doesn't make enough noise to be heard from more than 10 feet away usually when you consider the ambient noise at these events (crowds on other holes, general shuffling, birds, guy down the street mowing his lawn etc.). Phone cameras and their artificial shutter noises are a bit louder, but still not enough to really be truly considered a distraction to me. During the regional high school tournament we had to deal with another high schooler who heard about the tournament and thought it would be great fun to ditch school and drive around in his straight-piped truck honking his horn and swearing loudly on the roads around the course until the police intervened and started citing him for noise violations (and emissions concerns). That's a distraction, not a camera going off (the officials at the tournament said we would be put on the clock for our shots if we backed off because of the guy).

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

Different strokes - that's my FAVORITE tournament of the year for that very reason - I love to see certain guys get the crowd amp'd up.   All the crowd interaction is pure fun - I would love to attend that event one year.    The only thing I'm still pissed about is the discontinuation of the caddie races... you probably hated that too, amirite ?

Caddie races? What the hell are you talking about?

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I googled it yesterday - thanks. What a wonderful display of foolishness. And they wonder why crowds get rowdy? I'm going out on limb here but I'd be willing to bet the guys yelling goofy stuff at golf tournaments wear denim jeans to play golf. Go back and watch golf coverage from the 70s. Even with standard, non-HD sound televisions - you can still hear birds in the background before shots are hit. Their was a respect and admiration for pro golfers. Now, in certain cases, it's treated like pro wrestling event or tractor pull.

I'm going out on limb here but I'd be willing to bet the guys yelling goofy stuff at golf tournaments wear denim jeans to play golf.

I'll bet you something else - none of them have achieved a thing worthy of note in their lives and the only way to get any 'fame' (if that's the right word) is to shout out when the cameras are on someone who actually has ie the pro golfer who just hit the shot.

It'd probably bother me if I was there, on TV I just find it bordering on pitiful.

Pete Iveson

I have been at quite a few European tour tournaments including 4 Open championships and I've never heard any"You're the MAAAAAN!!" moronic cries.I feel sure the fans themselves would tell the numpty to behave himself.

I like Spieth, but holy cow how lame is it that he can't focus enough to overcome a camera click? How much do these guys need to be coddled, this isn't a bridge tournament at the local VFW!

I've never understood that attitude from the pros, you're playing in front of thousands of people that paid to watch you play golf. Part of the gig is dealing with the noise and distractions that come with those people and they're money. No different than any other spectator sport.

I agree with you and why don't they use ear plugs if the "noise" and distractions are so big deal.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

I agree with you and why don't they use ear plugs if the "noise" and distractions are so big deal.

It would probably be illegal to do so.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It would probably be illegal to do so.

Unless the PGA Tour has changed the rules since the 1980s it should be legal to wear ear plugs if you could wear headsets and listen to music.

Canada's very own Richard Zikol or "Disco Dick" used to.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/golf/disco-dick-entering-canadian-golf-hall-of-fame

There used to be tolerance in the world now we just have intolerance.The game of golf has changed significantly since the days of Gary Player, Arnold Palmer, and Jack Nicklaus, golf was more exclusive both in regards to the players and the spectators. Today it is much more publicized with a younger fan-base where most people have a camera phone and want to take pictures to share with family and friends. I don't encourage/condone heckling or taking pictures with the flash on or shutter sounds (they annoy me) but that's the way things are these days and it's really not worth it to spend a lot of time dwelling on the little things.

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

I'll bet you something else - none of them have achieved a thing worthy of note in their lives and the only way to get any 'fame' (if that's the right word) is to shout out when the cameras are on someone who actually has ie the pro golfer who just hit the shot. It'd probably bother me if I was there, on TV I just find it bordering on pitiful.

FAME definition(as it relates): F-ING A-HOLE MALODOROUS ENDOPHYTE It's disgusting. I think they tell their buddies who are watching, "listen for me, I'm going to yell after the tee shots on 14." Then their friends listening from home on the couch, high five one other and start texting amongst bites of salty snacks, sips of cheap beer and the sounds of power flatulence.

I have been at quite a few European tour tournaments including 4 Open championships and I've never heard any"You're the MAAAAAN!!" moronic cries.I feel sure the fans themselves would tell the numpty to behave himself.

This x100000

Euro fans/South African fans rarely behave like these double digit IQ, mouth breathing morons. Yes they paid money for the tickets, but not to disrupt the players and display their epic stupidity for all to see. If you can take pictures without it making a sound, go for it. But save the yelling for another venue

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Note: This thread is 3306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!