IGNORED

Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Star in New Nike Ad

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

The spot is titled Ripple to represent the ripple effect Jack Nicklaus had on Woods and Woods had on McIlroy. It chronicles a young McIlroy watching Woods on TV and in person and picking up his practice habits (and trademark fist pump) during his own training. One portion of the video was filmed at McIlroy’s childhood home.

“It’s been an incredible journey for me, going from massive fan to competitor,” McIlroy said in a press release. “To think that not too long ago I was that little boy watching him on TV to where I am now. It’s been a cool journey and I’m very lucky I get to compete with and against him because he inspired me as a kid and he inspires me now. He’s the best player I’ve ever seen.”

“It’s neat because I’ve been able to be a part of different generations of competitors,” Woods said in the release. “Now I’m competing against the younger ones. It helps me train a little harder, because these guys are athletic.”

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A solid commercial by Nike, very well done.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That's a magnificent commercial. Nike golf has some of the best ones. :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Did Tiger actually used to wear fedoras while playing or was that CGI magic?

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Did Tiger actually used to wear fedoras while playing or was that CGI magic?

He did as an amateur.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

He did as an amateur.

That's amazing. The description mentioned the ripple effect from Nicklaus, so I thought they had put Tiger's face on Jack's body or something.

The 90s must have been a heck of a time. Teens in fedoras unironically.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Bit cheesy for me in areas....a lot of the rory story i think is sugar coated, i'm sure it wasn't all happy families and there were plenty of up's and downs relationship wise in the family, and i'm sure the whole "golf when you want where you want" is over exaggerated. Houses this part of the world are small....he would not had got away with chipping balls into a washing machine all day I can tell you!

He also didn't use nike clubs from what i've read :)

It sounded like Woods said, "Nice shot, Trevor." Any lip readers? YouTube commenter said, "Nice shot, babe.", but I'm sure I heard two syllables.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It sounded like Woods said, "Nice shot, Trevor." Any lip readers? YouTube commenter said, "Nice shot, babe.", but I'm sure I heard two syllables.

I thought it sounded like Trevor, but it doesn't now. I really can't tell what he said.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For some reason, this commercial made me think of this commercial:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Great commercial. It did sound like "Trevor".....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nice shot there, man.

Doh. This is why I turn on subtitles frequently. No language skilz. :-P

Steve

That's a magnificent commercial. Nike golf has some of the best ones.

Ditto!  I noticed the putting green that Rory's parents built for him in their back garden to practice on.  That's gotta be a great way of not having to cut the grass and improve your game!

Image result for rory back garden putting green

Matt

Bit cheesy for me in areas....a lot of the rory story i think is sugar coated, i'm sure it wasn't all happy families and there were plenty of up's and downs relationship wise in the family, and i'm sure the whole "golf when you want where you want" is over exaggerated. Houses this part of the world are small....he would not had got away with chipping balls into a washing machine all day I can tell you!

He also didn't use nike clubs from what i've read :)

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Rory learned how to chip/pitch by chipping into a washing machine. Also, I have a relatively small place, my son is golfing all over the house.

And what did you want them to show? A family feud? A drunkin' Irish brawl? Of course they are going for family friendly.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!