IGNORED

How Often Do You Replace… Your Putter?

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you replace your putter?

• <= 6 Months
    • 6-12 Months
    • 1-2 Years
    • 2-4 Years
    • 5+ Years
    • Never

Voted 5+. Have my original Ping Zing now bought back in the early eighties, plus my rife Bimini which I had 4 months, like both putters use them on different types of grass greens. They both good putters so probably never change .

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

I've had several.  I like the one I have now, so unless I go the Edel route, I don't perceive changing it.  BTW, I've never bought one new.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got my putter 8 years ago. Will probably replace it within the year.

Nike Unitized Tiempo I've also had/still have a few others that I rarely use, including a Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2. Last I remember, my dad was using that. I think he still has it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

No plans right now to replace my putter.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Started with a cheapo Dunlop, then moved to a RAM Zebra, and most recently a Yes! Stephanie belly. Considering going back to the Zebra. Has the removable base plate so you can add weight so fancied playing around with that for a bit. I have an Uncle who makes his own so mau see if he can use the head from the Yes! to make a counterbalanced putter for me

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Voted 5+.  I have had 3 putters in 25+ years of golfing.  The first two I bought because of the price...CHEAP!  My last putter I bought in the early 2000's, after reading reviews on golfreview.com, a DLR Hog, used on Ebay.  This was the first putter I owned that had some decent weight to it and I love the feel of it.   I don't anticipate buying another putter until this one is so beat up it is no longer usable.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

I voted 5+ because I have used a couple different putters so I can't say never.  However I got my Scotty Coronado Mid Slant when it was new with a proshop voucher I won and I fully expect to be buried with it (I'm only 35 so knock on wood it'll be a while).

Brad

I had 3 putters in my first 3 years on playing.
Since then I have had 3 in 10 years.

I last replaced my Cleveland for an Odyssey 9 because I used it at the golf shop and it just felt right.

I most likely wont be replacing it any time soon. (that is until someone dies and leaves me $$$ so I can by a Scotty)

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I've changed only once in eight years.

had a beginer club, than cought a newport 1.5 I still have.

I might try more forgiving putter faces and see. I changed the grip for a slight bigger one and changed back to pistol quickly but it's not the original grip and I really regret this (the grip was slipery and I did'nt know then that sanding it would make it like new again).

but I putt really good with this one, at least everyone always says I putt great and they'd love to have my putting (unless this just points out that the rest of my game is really turd :poo: )

Bought an Odyssey White Hot XG #1 in maybe...wow, can't remember...either 2007ish or 2010ish...

Won't replace it for a long time...nothing wrong with it, works well for me.

• Upvote 1

Last few years I'm in the 5+ category.

I played with an Acushnet Bullseye for years, and then went through about 10 putters in the 1990s.

In the late 1990s, I alternated a MacGregor 220 (late model re-issue) and a round-bar custom putter.

About 2005 I picked up a Ping Pal (from 1970s) and had it custom fit. Then, I won a Ping putter at a Christmas raffle, and got fitted for B60 blade-mallet combo. The Pal may go back in the bag when greens are slow.

So, I often have two putters which I will alternate.

Basic idea: Find a putter that feels good, and get a custom fitting.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I bought a new putter last year, it was the first in 5yrs.  I may regrip it...it feels a little light in the head honestly, but my putting has been very solid with it.  So I probably won't change anytime soon.

My corner of the looks like a putter graveyard. In high school (1996)I picked up a Ping Anser 2 at a garage sale for (maybe) $3. A week ago I just put it back into play AGAIN. it seems I have an addiction to buying putters but have always come back to the Ping. I have tried a Odyssey 2 ball, Odyssey belly anchor maybe Sabertooth, Cleveland mallet, Nike Method, Heavy Putter, and an Odyssey Black Ice blade all in a spare bag. Maybe I haven't given each of them a fare shake but I just can't get the feeling from them that I do from the Anser 2. Any one need a putter?? ;)

once you have truly found your flatstick you realize, there is no replacing. Maybe change a grip for a different feel etc, but switching putters constantly is never good.
  • Upvote 1

Does replacing it with the same model count?

I switched over to the Nike Method 001 when it came out, and I don't foresee switching again but you never know.  I could however see me getting a new version of the same one just because over time no matter how careful you are they get scratched, dinged, etc...

I put 5+ but that is misleading.  In 40 years I've only owned 4 putters, and one of them was the one that came with the starter set that I bought for $35 when I first played in 1964.  My first purchased putter I used for about 15 years, the next one for 10, and the one I have now I will probably still be using until I die.

I only change for cause, and I can't think of a possible reason that I would ever change again.  What I have suits me and my putting style, I putt well with it, and the thought of losing it is terrifying (it would be nearly impossible to replace because it's no longer made).  I've never felt that way about any putter I've ever owned before.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!